“Excellent stay at the Beach Palace, we will be back!”
Review of Beach Palace

Beach Palace
Ranked #14 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay at the Beach Palace, we will be back!”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed at the Beach Palace for 14 nights (25/08/2012 - 08/09/2012) and had an absolutely amazing time! We also got married there, which was perfect, the hotel staff, and in particular, Rebeca, our on-site wedding co-ordinator excelled.

We arrived at approx 17:00 hrs and check in was good, slightly slow but this was to be expected with the number of guests checking in (15 of which were with us). We upgraded our room using the resort credits to an ocean view. We got to our room and were amazed, it was quality. We have stayed in Cancun in the past and were impressed but this was totally different, more than we could have asked for. Fridge stocked daily with branded soft drinks and beer and 4 bottles of spirits. No issues with the room whatsoever, simply superb. We left our 'Do not disturb' light on for 2 days as we didn't need towels and we had a message on our answer phone telling us if we required room service give them a call and they would be up immediately. They just can't do enough to please you.

The food was again excellent; I don't think anybody in our party had one bad meal throughout the stay. Chinese and Italian were amazing, so was the buffet. Omelettes and eggs cooked to order at breakfast and fajitas, burgers etc cooked to order at lunch and dinner. Snack bars were great also; great range of foods, such as burgers, pizzas, chips (fries) and of course Mexican food. All in all the food exceeded our expectations.

Bars were awesome, a huge range of drinks, cocktails, spirits and 2 different lagers on offer (Sol and Dos Equis). No queuing at bars as we've experienced in the past, served straight away with a smile. Most of the time your drinks are brought to your table (or lounger if you are at the pool or beach).

The staff at the Beach Palace are out of this world, they will do anything to please you and each person is always smiling. If you tip them they are so grateful, you can tell they're not expecting it and appreciate it. Everyone was so attentive making sure everything was ok and refilling your drinks - simply amazing. There was a few names I remember but everyone there was spot on, they were: Victor (Waiter), Addy (In the buffet restaurant - she remembered our names from the first morning), Anmaria Jose (Waitress), Rebeca (Wedding co-ordinator), Rosy & Paty (Spa), the 2 waiters that work on the Romantic Meal on the beach, can't remember their names but they were great, the woman at the omelette station (again can't remember her name) was out of this world. As I said, these are just a few names that stood out but everyone was so thoughtful and attentive. The entertainment staff were so hard working and friendly too, both day and night.

The entertainment at the hotel was also good, karaoke night, live bands playing, casino night, Michael Jackson show, amongst others, really good.

Our wedding was perfect, it couldn't have gone any better, every detail was just perfect. We had a lot of decorations and gifts for our guests, Rebeca took everything and each item was exactly where we wanted, no issues at all. It was planned and flowed so great, were so happy. We paid for our certificate to be translated to English from Spanish, this was charged to our room rather than us have to worry about paying before the wedding.

The service in the Spa was out of this world. My wife to be, her bridesmaids and our mothers had their hair and makeup done here and it was so precise. They tried several different styles to ensure they were happy, nothing was too much trouble. And we were allowed to use $500 resort credits for this service, simply unbelievable!!

I think I've covered everything now; all in all everybody that travelled with us was more than happy. I know for a fact I would return to his hotel, something I have never said about a hotel in the past, it was the holiday of a lifetime! Thank you Palace Resorts!!

Room Tip: We upgraded to an Ocean View using our resort credits (Approx $1000) as we had $2500 to spend. Rooms...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elliott W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,758)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Having stayed at Palace Resorts before I knew what to expect regarding standard, however I have to say that this far exceeded my expectations, it was a lovely lovely family vacation. We went with 2 children (12 and 8) - as it isn't a huge resort they had a lot of freedom. The restaurants were lovely ( grill was a bit disappointing but the others made up for it) Beach was gorgeous, family suite was very luxurious and the Sky bar was fantastic. We all loved Gabriella and her happy smiling face at breakfast. There was a couple of niggles, check in was a bit of a nightmare, we had come from the uk on a long flight, arrived after 3pm and still couldn't get into our room until 6, this was not the best start to the holiday, however after that everything else was fantastic.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Isobel1971
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Loved everything and so glad we chose Beach Palace for our week vacation. The service at Beach Palace is incredible and the staff makes this place very special. We loved seeing Gabriela every morning for our omelet's and waffles, she even made my daughter a Mickey Mouse pancake that she loved! I think Beach Palace has something for everyone whether you are single, couple or family.
Room service was fantastic!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
wolverhampton
Reviewed 13 September 2012

well i am gonna keep this short and sweet me and my wife stayed here for ten days in september 2012 . i have stayed at many hotels around the world . and this one is in my top 5 we usually find faults in hotels but this one there are none as far as we were concerned . the rooms are very clean the hotel in its self is tops the staff in every department make you feel welcome the food in all four resturants are very good quality. and the beach is amazing . its a 4 min bus ride to the centre of cancun .we will most definately stay there again in the near future . thanks to all the staff keep up the great work you do

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank melloflava
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Traveled with my wife and 13yr old son from 23-28 August. This is our second trip to Cancun. My wife and I stayed at the Sun Palace last year in November and loved what the Palace had to offer. This time we decided to stay at the Beach Palace because we brought our son. First off we booked our transportation ahead of time rather than dealing with the numerous companies at the airport. We booked a private round trip shuttle which was much cheaper then a shared shuttle at the airport. We arrived at the airport at about 330 pm and were at the BP by 410. Check in was no problem. We booked a lagoon view room bcuz we planned to use our resort credit for an ocean view upgrade. At check in we were told no room was available but to check the next day at about 2pm. This was no big deal to us bcuz it's not like we paid for it ahead of time. We were told to speak to a rep in order to activate our 1500 resort credits. I simply stated i would do so after dinner or the following day and that was the end of story. We proceeded to our room with a smile. Our lagoon view room was perfect and we would've had no problem staying there for our entire stay, especially bcuz it had an Xbox 360 which my son and I enjoyed for the night. We were upset to find the Michael Jackson show which got great reviews was only on Wednesdays and we arrived on a Thursday. We proceeded to dinner after check in at the buffet and weren't too impressed. Afterwards my son and I enjoyed the fire show which was awesome. The following day we met with a rep and activated our resort credits. Of course this is when they make a pitch for you to attend their breakfast and presentation to become a member. I simply said no and I was left alone the rest of our stay. The staff was not pushy at all. I went to the front desk an upgraded to an ocean view with no problems. We had no Xbox but the ocean view made up for it.
No onto the resort. The rooms were great an the hotel staff was excellent. You are truly treated like royalty. Everyone calls you by name and is constantly asking if you need anything. The buffet was ok. People rave about Gabriella and her omlettes, but I thought they were no different from any other omlette. They need a wider variety of items for them like non pork items. I found the other lady working the grill much more pleasant. Most of our waiters at the buffet offered poor service.
The best service and food were at the Italian, wok and steak restaurants. No reservations are required, although the wok is pants for the men.
The pool and beach are awesome. We had a blast boogie boarding and body surfing. I will warn you the current can be a bit strong, I was actually sucked away quite a bit while on the boogie board. Actually kinda scared for a bit.
We found ourselves playing lots of beach volleyball, pool volleyball, soccer and water polo. We had so much fun on the resort that we cancelled out xcaret tour. We also met some really cool people from New York, Virginia, Texas, and even some cool people just up the freeway in Yorba Linda Ca.
Overall we were completely satisfied with our trip. I know our son enjoyed himself and got to meet a good group of kids from as far as England.
We are definitely going to be back soon. Maybe next time I will sit through the presentation and become a member.

• Stayed August 2012