“truly a vacation”

Beach Palace
Ranked #17 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 July 2012

one of our best vacation at palace resorts, from the bellboy Luis, to concierge Fernanado Rojas to Breackfast Chef Gabriella.. great service made us feel likt King and Queen for the week< the place is excellent very family oriented..lots of activities for kids and adults....highly recommended to everyone that truly want to relax and forget all the chaos in life.....

Room Tip: ofcourse the presidential suite, all rooms are ocean front but if going withfamily i will choose abo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nittab
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

My husband and I brought our 18 year old daughter to Beach Palace for her high school graduation present. I exchanged throught Interval. Overall the place was very nice. The view and the beach were outstanding. The staff we encountered throughout our stay were superb! We enjoyed a few pool side shows at night that were fun, and had a really great day devoted to the beach. My hubby and daughter went on the wave runner on 2 different days and had a blast. The rooms were clean and pop/booze was always re-stocked. I read from others complaints about the towels - and I would agree, they are certainly not 'plush', but when I got home and showered at home, I noted mine at home aren't all that plush either!

Our favorites of Beach Palace:
My husband became a quick favorite of Gabriella - the omelette queen - when he showed up with his 2 bowls of goodies for his 3 egg omelette special. We all enjoyed the sky bar and the roof top pool next to the sky bar. It was just a little more low key than the main pool, which always had something going on during the day. We especially want to mention Maria and Fidel who worked at the sky bar. They were THE BEST!!!! We celebrated our anniversary and took advantage of the bonus points and had the romantic dinner on the beach. Very nice. We also took a trip to Isla Majerus through BP, but we not impressed at all. Went on a boat to 2 different sites on the island. One was at a dolphin place that was BORING, and the other was right in the midst of a huge flea-market area. We all felt harasssed by everyone who wanted to sell stuff, but just tried to be polite and said no-thanks about a million times. My hubby and daughter went scuba diving with a company called Scorpio that he found in the internet ahead of time. I understand the experiece wasn't that great and they would NOT recommend them.

I visted the spa for an 80 minute massage and we also had a pedicure and manicure. Nice. We had a room on the 10th floor that overlooked the lagoon. We never asked for an ocean view room - and maybe we should have. The lagoon side faces west and gets really hot in the afternoon. Our AC worked great, so we survived just fine.

BP is a very nice, clean place to stay. THe staff work VERY hard and are always helpful. The food at the different dining rooms did get a little old by the end of the week, but it wasn't horrible. Again, very nice place. Oh, and YES, the beds are hard as a rock!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I was actually staying at the Moon Palace, but took a day trip to the Beach Palace (I took the free bus that runs between resorts). The facilities at the Beach Palace are really great. But the best part of my experience was going to the snack section at the Sky Bar. Hermelinda, the cook at Sky Bar, was awesome. She had an excellent attitude, with client satisfaction as her priority. The food she cooked was fresh and very tasty (way, way better than any of the food I was served at the Moon Palace). And she was always smiling and being great to me and my friend.
I hope they continue to have these Thai food snacks, and that they keep Hermelinda as the cook there. That was the best part of my 5 day vacation at the palace resorts.
Thanks so much :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This place and the people at the front desk were awful to deal with. Before I got there I had paid a deposit of $741 for the 3 nights we were to stay there. We were told by the person helping us that we would only pay the balance when we checked out of the hotel. When we got there the first day, they told us there is no record of me paying the deposit. I KNOW FOR SURE I DID BECAUSE MY CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO ARRIVING. They said they would get it straightened out. I even showed them the invoice stating what I had already paid and what the balance was. On the 4th day when we were checking out they still said they don't see that I paid the balance. They weren't going to let us check out until we paid the FULL amount of $1200. The shuttle was waiting for us and we were going to miss our flight. After my fiance tried to handle this in a calm and reasonable manner, I lost it. I started yelling and making sure the whole lobby knew what scam artists this place was and after a minute of yelling my head off...they miraculously found my record of the deposit. very convenient. I would never in a million years go back to this place or any other sister hotel that is associated with them. The food was bad, the place was way too loud by the pool and the service was obviously below average. Worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RR41
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We( Espinosa Family) stayed at the Beach Palace and would not hesitate of ever staying there again. The best thing of this hotel was the customer service. These empoyees were superb at what they did, Mr. Juan Barbosa, head of their restaurants went above and beyond to ensure satisfaction, very professional and courteous, he was the example for his subordinates to emmulate. The lady who made the omelettes for breakfast was amazing, she would remember what and how you likeyour eggs, my daughter dropped a fork and by the time i picked it up from the floor the waiter was already giving us another fork, why i say this, to show their attention to detail and their commitment to our satisfaction, The leisure department responsible for arranging our excursions was superb, a gentleman known by his colleagues as "el alto" stayed until 8:36pm when he got off at 8:00pm to ensure once again our trip was hassle free, the food was amazing, had 4 restaurants to choose from plus a bar /food area right next to the pool which would also cater to you beach side, the room was also comfortable and clean as well as all of their public restrooms. My only regret of this trip was that it had to come to an end. LOVED my stay at Beach Palace and im thankful for all of it's employees especially Juan Barbosa for their professionalism and courtesy. Hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 10th floor and the view was amazing, we were facing towards the lagoon side but it...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family