Iberostar Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
US$ 678
  • Breakfast included
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$ 886
Excellent 5/5
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$ 685
US$ 823
US$ 596
TripAdvisor
5,008 results
All reviewsstar friendsgourmet restaurantspecialty restaurantssteakpool barguest servicesbalcony roommagic showocean viewkids clubdinner reservationsentertainment staffthe main hotelprivate poolwater polomain buffetevening shows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family and friends were here March 2018. My family have 2 balcony rooms with a beautiful ocean/pool view. We did the reservations for all our dinners upon check in. They have a very good customer service with superb food and drinks. Beach/pool service for drinks and food. The rooms/facilities/amenities are good and very clean. Have different activites for kids and adults and a fun nightly entertainment. My daughter and I enjoyed the yoga at 9am and aqua fit at 11am everyday during our stay, Claudia is a very good instructor for both yoga and aqua fit. . We had an Excellent and very relaxing vacation. The staff really work hard for their guest to have an excellent vacation.

Room Tip: get the room with balcony and ocean/pool view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank cdeleon00
Quality Manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear guest,

We want to thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your experience at IBEROSTAR Cancun.

We are truly happy to know that we have lived up to your expectations through our hospitality and it pleases us to read that you enjoyed our beautiful facilities, the gastronomic offer, entertainment activities and mostly, the excellent service provided by our team. Let us mention that one of our priorities is to pamper you and make you feel at home by making your stay unforgettable and unique.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Spring Break in Cancun with wife, 19 year old daughter, and her bestie. 2 Ocean view, balcony rooms. EXCELLENT all around.
Like most reviews the service is outstanding, great value, lots of activities, nightly entertainment is fun, rough waves, close to the airport, a little dated rooms...but very clean. Staff works very hard to make sure you have a great time!!

Jimena, concierge at check in, was super helpful! Make reservations for ALL your dinners at the restaurants right after checking in. If you dine late, it is not a problem getting into each place. All were better than expected for an all-inclusive.

UPGRADE to Star Prestige level. Trust me, do it! Best decision we made on vaca!
Private lounge (inside) and beach bar with top shelf liquor and wine. Private beach with beds on the beach. Always room, never crowded.....big plus!
Beach service for drinks and food YAAAA Xitlalli (awesome bartender and serving drinks bedside) She was amazing keeping an eye on us with a smile!!
Miguel was awesome with everything you need. In charge of Star Prestige concierge. He is on deck all day. Always around to help. Checked in on us everyday on the beach to see if we needed anything.

Another bonus of upgrading....we were never approached to join a timeshare. Also, with the upgrade, you can get MUCH better wine with dinner at the restaurants. The regular house wine is awful.

Peter on the excursion desk goes the extra mile to listen to what you want and putting you with the exact right trip for your needs. He searched and called a number of places to get the right snorkel trip for us. He worked his magic to get us Gold level at CocoBongo the day of the show as well. THANKS!!

Big plus at Iberostar Resorts is a cigar lounge. This one has hookah as well if you are into that. The girls did. We enjoyed the Cuban cigars. NOTE to management....other Iberostars have TVs on the wall with sports. ADD that to this lounge. The sports bar upstairs is not inviting, and it would be nice for something to watch while enjoying a fine cigar and drink.

A few negatives....Due to marble/tile floors, the noise level from hallways is loud. House wine is lousy. Construction going on next door, so the beach was noisy at times. Buffet while very good, does not change dramatically between days.

This resort provided the relaxing vacation we were looking for. Even though it was sold out, it did not seem busy whatsoever. Plenty to eat, lots to do, very clean, and above all helpful, friendly staff. We will return again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear guest,

On behalf of the entire hotel staff at IBEROSTAR Cancun, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share a detailed review about your experience with us.

We are truly satisfied to read how much you enjoyed the Star Prestige services, such as our exclusive wine selection, and our private lounge, it pleases us to know that the attentive service provided by each and every one of our staff members exceeded your expectations and made you feel welcomed at all times. Rest assured we will share your comments with Jimena, Miguel and Xitlalli for their excellent job.

Furthermore, we would like you to know that your feedback is of utmost importance, as it helps us to continue improving the service we provide in order to create great experiences for our guests.

We are already looking forward to welcome you and your family back so you can keep enjoying of the Star Prestige exclusive privileges.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great resort. Beautiful hotel, gorgeous pool and beach, very attentive service. The staff does a wonderful job of organizing fun activities throughout the day for kids of all ages. My wife and I loved the water aerobics class led by Claudia. Our kids loved the children's pool with water slides and sprinklers. You can relax in your lounge chair or participate in a non stop schedule of water polo, dance lessons by the pool or beach volleyball. Our daughters took a spanish class while our sun played beach soccer. Arts and crafts in the kids club too. They have thought of everything! Very good buffett and restaurants onsite. All around top notch experience.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank sunnysideflats2018

Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at IBEROSTAR Cancun.

It pleases us to know that our entertainment activities, our pool, outstanding facilities and mostly the friendliness of our staff were of your liking, our team always strives to make our guests feel pampered and special, so they will be glad to read your kind words.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in a near future and create many more incredible experiences together.

Kind regards,

IBEROSTAR Mexico

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I arrived at Iberostar Cancun on March 24th and were checked in immediately. However, we had emailed the resort well in advance requesting a high floor suite but they placed us on the 1st floor. After talking to the concierge and informing him that I was in communications with the resort well in advance to our arrival, he directed me to Fernanda De La Vega who was a tremendous help! I showed her my emails and she worked with the front desk to get us into another suite. The problem was that another suite was not available for a day or two. To make up for our troubles, Fernanda provided me with a complimentary massage from the spa and my wife got a complimentary manicure and pedicure. This was customer service at its finest! From that point on, Fernanda always waived and smiled at us when she saw us in the lobby. She honestly made up for any and all inconveniences we experienced.
Now to our stay: Our suite was facing the new construction tower which we did not mind much as we were being moved out of it anyways. Keep that in mind if you receive a room facing the north. Beds are terrible; very lumpy. In both rooms, the bed was very lumpy. The rooms themselves are dates, however they are nice. The view from the balcony was fabulous but do not leave any clothes out there to dry. They will fly away as was the case with my swim shorts.
Food: The food is good, but on the bland side, which I understand. Breakfast buffet was the same items all the time. The dinner buffet changed slightly. They did go above and beyond and cut the skirt steak fro my wife and cook it a bit more for her on their flat top grill. They were also willing to cook a few veggies on the flat top as well for her. This was phenomenal as my wife does NOT eat steak. They cooked it to her specifications. Snack in the outside bar is whatever. They serve plain burgers and hot dot dogs with fries. The burger patty has no taste whatsoever. One afternoon they had a BBQ on the beach with pork chops, skirt steak, hot dogs and hamburgers (these burgers were good as they were cooked over lump charcoal). The menu for the snack does not change nor does the taste. They do offer special cooks like the BBQ and a seafood cookout. It would be nice to know these things in advance but they seem to be spontaneous. If you see a white tent being set up in the morning, that is your cue that there will be some sort of cooking going on in the afternoon.
Drink- Disappointing. I was not able to get a good drink for the life of me. The pours are weak even with a double or triple. Not much variety on the hard liquor (I was very disappointed as Jameson was probably the best liquor they had. DOS XX is on tap and they also have Superior (like a Budweiser)and cans of Heineken. My wife loved the Miami Vice made extra sweet. Its a non-alcoholic drink but i had them add some off-market rum to it (Malibu was the only name brand rum). They have Don Julio and Hornitos as some name tequilas. Coffee shop is good. Guys at the lobby bar are very nice.
-Japanese restaurant was good although I wish they offered a hot/spicy sauce. The tempura veggies were awesome. Order more than one order of them, trust me! We went here twice. Steak house is really good. They have an appetizer buffet (wings are dry) that has lots of options. I ordered the rib eye which was much fattier than the rib eyes back in CA. I let the waiter know this and he brought me another plate with a filet on it which was mouth-watering delicious! If we had another day, I would go back here for dinner.
-Time-share- GO to this "tour" and get to know all about the Iberstar VIP experience. If you have any money managing sense, you will know that the deal is not good at all (you make more putting that money in a private annuity). Go to this just for the credit that they give you to use at the resort. Its 150 Iberostar dollars.
Overall, the staff is nice and willing, with the exception of Fernanda that went above and beyond for us.The food in the buffet could have been better, but then again its a buffet. I wish they had an agenda of events readily available so I knew what all was going on. As a first trip to Cancun and the all-inclusive experience, I would say I am very pleased. I would go again. Actually, we are going back in July but staying at a different Iberostar that has more activities for the kids.

Room Tip: Anything not facing construction of the new 'VIP' tower
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hayer792018

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at IBEROSTAR Cancun.

The opinion of our guests is really crucial in the process of improving our service and we thank you for your valuable comments.

We are glad that you enjoyed our facilities, the beautiful beach, comfortable room and especially the attention of our staff.

On the other hand, we would like to mention that our Executive Chef strives to enhance the different options we offer at our restaurants and for this reason your comments are truly valuable for us. We will make sure to share your feedback with our Chef to be taken in consideration.

Thank you for your preference once again, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at your second home in Mexico, IBEROSTAR Cancun.

Sunny regards,

IBEROSTAR Mexico

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We are staying at the Iberostar for Easter Week Vacations. We just came yesterday and had breakfast today!!! Wow!!! Delicious!!! The buffet was very complete: omelette, natural juices of all kinds, cold meets and cheeses, many types of bread, fruits and exotic fruits... Excellent service!! Congratulations to the staff, the executive chef, and the great service at Iberostar!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Cancun to spend your recent holidays.

We are glad to know you are enjoying of the great culinary experience that we offer and also that our team is pampering you as you deserve.

We hope you keep enjoying your stay with us and if you have any requirement do not hesitate to contact our Public Relations department.