7,165 results
All reviewswater skiingjade buildingcar washcircus teamcrazy signschef de villagela haciendabeach boysflying trapezetennis lessonsland sportsjade poolwake boardingwaterski teamaqua gymsnorkeling areafitness classes
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Rooms different than reserved, keys that didn’t work, conflicting checkout information, two hours spent resolving a billing error during which time club med could never provide a receipt set the tone for the vacation.

Review collected in partnership with Club Med
3  Thank bobmmartin08008
Club Med Ψ, Customer Relations at Club Med Cancun Yucatan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear bobmmartin08008,

Thank you for sharing your review of our resort Cancun Yucatan. We are sorry to read that experienced difficulties upon check in and check out. A smooth arrival and departure is an important element in our guests vacation experience and we view any reports of inconsistencies in this regard with great concern. Therefore, your comments will be shared with the appropriate operations managers so that they may follow up on the matter. If you need further assistance in resolving your billing error please contact our Guest Relations department at 800-548-1335 and/or us.guestrelations@clubmed.com.

We hope that in spite of this, you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to one of our resorts in the near future.

Best Regards,

Your Club Med Team

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Family of 5 (3 boys - 11, 9 and 8) from Westchester, NY here for Spring Break. I was here with my now wife i was dating at the time maybe 15 years ago when this was sold as a singles resort. I would say the facility, although updated is in general the same. If you have been to a Club Med facility and vacation as an all inclusive you are familiar with the set up and mix of guests. International feel with maybe a third Spanish, third French with remaining American and Canadian.

Accommodations
We had two adjoining rooms with a cot in a building adjacent to main beach and pool. If you have children you want to be in this area. The other buildings out by tennis courts and sailing require a short golf cart ride. In general rooms were fine we were on the lagoon side that had decks. TV had limited choices at best and only a few English channels. Internet access is really quite awful in the rooms and in the resort in general. Forever loading and forget about steaming anything. I had an international plan as well and that didn’t matter. Coffee makers could use upgrade as well as coffee. Our king was two beds pulled together.

The food in the main dining facility is best and had a wide selection for all three meals. The hours of availability are good and they have a nice coffee machine and beer light and dark on tap. They have a decent wine selection and plan on paying for a better selection. Downstairs has a wine bar area that you can bring your meal to as well.
We didn’t think the other two restaurants on site were good at all. The Mexican one definitely better than the Argentinian “steak” one. After eating three meals a day in the main dining hall you look for a break and something different cuisine and atmosphere wise. Although all inclusive I would have gladly paid for an upgraded meal and a real steak and not the paper thin low quality ribeye or t-bone here rather than leaving the resort and dealing with the unknown travel etc. The pool area serves crepes and a small selection of fare between meals.

Drink
Ok I get it the slower the service the less likely you will serve. Having one bartender helps slows it down as well. Watered down and alcohol that to me seemed to be cut down with water or something else provided lots of calories with no benefit. Honest I think this is the biggest need for improvement. You have to pay extra for any upgrade to alcohol you would typically order. If you plan on drinking bring your own to supplement.

Kids club
It seemed more appropriate and occupied by smaller children. Ours didn’t participate but should have taken advantage.

Sports and Excursions
We did snorkeling a few times and sailing along with kayaking. Our kids didn’t take advantage of the trapezes or tennis and although we thought about the extra pay excursions we didn’t think the travel involved was worth it. We typically do cultural and packed schedules on vacation but this was different. Gym is adequate and they do provide lots of classes. We had massages and were happy.

Entertainment
Ok this one is a bit tougher. Let’s just say there is a strong French influence here and they really liked Jerry Lewis. Lots of theme parties more geared to high school and young adults. They really should have movie nights for the smaller kids and families. But I get it. GO’s act and participation is a Village effort.

Overall very nice vacation and beautiful beach, water and facility but just know the setup. I think people either love this type of vacation experience or don’t repeat it. Our facility was booked and seemed like the place to be on the Cancun strip. National water park and effort made by all to make it a good experience.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Ken A
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Our family of 11 (2 grandparents, 4 parents, 5 kids) had a great week at Club Med Cancun. Travel was easy (15 minutes from airport). Weather and resort were beautiful. Kids loved swimming in the pool, jumping waves in the ocean, doing trapeze/circus, endless food and drinks, evening shows. Tons of activities for all ages (tennis, volleyball, windsurfing, sailing, water skiing, soccer, ping pong, salsa lessons, kayaks, circus, archery, variety of fitness classes). Very big campus - we didn't leave the resort and still had a great time. Food was very good, especially all the fresh fruit and juices. GOs were great, but a special shout out to Claudie at the fitness center, Nelson at aqua aerobics and Max and Elliot at the circus. Very fun atmosphere with lots of friendly people. We stayed at the Aguamarina - perfect size and layout for families. Can't wait to go back in a couple years!

Review collected in partnership with Club Med
3  Thank Mike992018
Club Med Ψ, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Cancun Yucatan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you for the review! We are so excited that you had the perfect week at Club Med Cancun Yucatan and enjoyed your stay at the Aguamarina. We can't wait to see you again! The Club Med Team

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We just returned from our third visit to Club Med Cancun. Cristal, Nico and the Jade team were amazing as years passed. Cristal helped arrange all of our massages and transfers for our party of 8. She was also available to listen to me vent about some issues with kids club. The entire building is filled with people who love their jobs. The cleaners all smile, Yaritza is incredibly sweet and always trying to be helpful, and Eloy and Alfredo are fabulous (holding doors, playing with the kids, shuttle rides and lugging all of our bags). I was so happy to see the team back in place after the renovations.
Roman is a fantastic new addition to the pool staff. He couldn’t have been more helpful or proactive. Alexi, Jovanny as well. They are all really first rate servers. They remember our drinks, our names, and help make sure we have towels and umbrellas. Loved them.
This year we also took advantage of the “room service” to the pool. The garden salads and quesadilla were a big hit.

The Jade renovations were less than i expected after all of the hype but all good. I LOVED not having to carry a key card. One request for the new rooms/ doors is to have some kind of safety latch or lock (like sliding door thankfully has). My 2 year old was in the connecting room and managed to walk out of the room and to the lobby while i was in the adjoining room thinking that he was sleeping. I had to barricade the door.

On to Kids Club. We go to club med for the kids club. Overall the kids had an awesome time and it was amazing to see familiar faces from previous years. I have 3 children from 2-8 so I get to know most of the GOs. Mickey and Nacho have a special place in my heart. We connected with them 2 years ago and it was so fantastic to see them again. Carotte is a great leader and also so sweet. She went above and beyond to make sure my oldest child had a good experience. Tonio, Fred, Rogiello, Orlando, Mary Anna, all all great. We loved meeting and working with Israel at archery. quiet compared to Daniel from last year but he was calm and careful and kept control of the archery area. He spent a lot of time helping the kids with their form and opened up over the week. He’s a very kind soul and very good at his job.

My issue this year is that the kids have to choose between trapeze and archery. These are two activities that we do not have at home. My kids LOVE both of them and these activities really define their Club Med experience. I don’t understand why they have to choose this year. It’s a long day and I know my kids would easily give up “movie” time, quiet time or even soccer or basketball to have a chance to do both of these “special” activities. Last year the activities were staggered so kids could do both.

I tried discussing this with the kids club manager Magallie (sorry forget spelling) and she could not explain to me why this changed. I was told that there were too many kids and this is not an acceptable answer to me.

I like the new rules about swimmies under 6 years and happy to get my kids food before they eat with the GOs at dinner. All good changes.

I also would ask that they remind the 8-10 group to put on sunscreen more often.

Petite Club with Marie, James, Maryanna, and Ruby was wonderful as well. They were very calm taking my screaming child out of my arms in the morning and they took great care of him throughout the day.

My husband enjoyed tennis all week with Javier and team. It was well run even with tons of participants.

I would ask that more time is spent keeping the playground clean. This area sometimes seems forgotten.

I also think that the staff in the restaurants need to smile more. Some look miserable and then I worry that they are not being paid well and hate their jobs. Standouts included Jose in the main restaurant and the sommeliers. The woman in the blue jacket at dinner and the man in the blue jacket in the morning at the Mexican restaurant were really good. The Mexican restaurant needs more staff. I understand the concept of our waiter running from table to each chef to make our food but it left us without anyone to pay attention to our needs, water, etc.

We also appreciated the new ice cream flavors! And the new popcorn and crepe snack bar is awesome.

We are very concerned about the new building going up with even more rooms. I understand that they will have a pool but we fear that the restaurants and kids club will be even crazier with that many more people.
I keep hearing from GOs that it “was so busy”. Hotels should be able to perform at capacity. Being booked full is not an excuse for anything not being 100%.

Overall we love club med. it’s a wholesome, fun break for the entire family.

Sent from my iPad

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank sarag7229

We appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed review! We are glad that Cristal, Nico and the Jade team were so helpful and accommodating to you and your family. It is true that we love our jobs tremendously! We are excited to hear that you took advantage of the room service to the pool and enjoyed the garden salads and quesadillas. We will be sure to take all of your feedback into consideration when looking ahead to the future. It's so heartwarming to know that Club Med Cancun Yucatan is a big hit with your entire family. We hope to see you back soon! The Club Med Team

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Me and my family had spent an amazing holidays, everything was great, the service was nice, the restaurant, the bar etc... and they are tons of sports activities, waterski, sailing, fitness etc...

thanks go to the Chief of village, Abdel and his assistant Jonathan and big shout-out to Nelson, the Landsports manager, (incredible) who does an amazing work with a great organization in all activities and makes sure that everyone have fun.

without forgetting Schilove next to Nelson and Israel.
Very good landsports team. Bravo.

See you next time Cancun!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! It is so nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed the holidays with us at Club Med Cancun Yucatan. Thank you for the shoutouts- we appreciate them so much! We hope to see you back soon! The Club Med Team