The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Club Med Cancun Yucatan(Cancun)
Sun Palace(Cancun)
3,411 results
All reviewsroyal beach clubhotel zoneel palmarbreakfast and happy hoursea stonesheavenly bedlagoon sideclose to the airportthe main hotelbreakfast buffetcocktail hourocean viewbeautiful beachprivate poolbit datedyogurtspring break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This property is in middle of a major update, but if they don’t solve there service and operational issues it will all be for naught. Quick summary, remodeled rooms are nice, but there are so many better options nearby that I would not risk a below average experience here. Plus the hotel is at the very end of the row and not close to anything else. And two warnings at the end.

In my experience, the best part of this resort was a very nicely renovated room - including a full size refrigerator, cook top stove, dishwasher and washer/dryer, and the heavenly bed. So the room is nice (pics attached).

However, my experience here started to go badly right from the start. After asking for a 2 pm check in (I am platinum, so they ask this when booking), and calling to verify a 2 pm check in two days before, when I arrived at 12:30, there were only 2 people working the desk and I had to wait 20 minutes to be told the room would not be ready until 4 despite their earlier assurances that it would be ready at 2. Guaranteed me that it would be ready at 4. Get back in line at 3:45, finally to the front at 4:18, only to be told the room is still not ready. The manager came over and said they were busy, despite me being there since 12:30. No compensation, no we will make this better, just you have to wait even longer.

Get to the room, it is not facing the ocean, it is facing the lagoon and tiny pool. Again not what I had requested - I would be sure to request ocean facing rooms, they views are great. Finally go down to dinner after a long day of traveling, there are only two below average food options on property, do not plan on any quality food here. The waiter says they are too busy.He then puts in the wrong order for me, and says it will take 30 minutes to get the right order, so I send the dinner back as I don’t even like what was brought out. He then tries to charge me and says he will comp the dessert my daughter got instead, I tell him no and that I want it off the bill. Subpar food at the sports restaurant, and terrible service - doesn’t help that it is only one of the only options nearby.

Finally go to the beach the next day, go down at 9:45, all the chairs are already covered with towels - I didn’t know it was a race to chairs and that they would not have enough chairs for their guests. Ultimately we sit on the sand until we see others leave.

They were understaffed everywhere except their timeshare sales department which is obviously the real emphasis of this resort.

I would NOT return and would suggest that almost any nearby property would probably give you a better experience. Poor operations, management that either can’t or won’t help, and continual issues that reduce a relaxing vacation. I actually believe Westin is doing damage to its brand by being associated with this property. I know I will question staying at Westin internationally as a result of this stay.

Two warnings: 1 do not exchange money at this resort. The worst rates we saw the entire trip, by a lot. Anywhere in town will better. In our case we got 19 pesos per dollar and they were offering 15 pesos to the dollar here. Complete scam. 2. Do NOT book activities here with the concierge’s. Restaurants yes, activities no. When we had a problem with a booking mistake at Aqua world, they told us that the Westin staff had to approve the refund and they were one of the worst to wrk through to get the refund. After and hour of waiting, talking to multiple people, and being told it would be another 30-45 minutes, I gave up as they wanted. If I would have booked direct, they would have refunded on the spot. I saw them do it twice while I was waiting for the Westin run around. Do not book activities here, they want the commission and not to take care of their guests.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank calbearfan
WestinBeWell, SM Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear calbearfan,
Thanks for sharing your feedback.
We regret that your stay with us was not satisfactory.
Please note that early Check In is subject to availability, nevertheless, we regret the delay in the delivery of your guest room.
We appreciate your constructive comments to help us to improve our opportunity areas.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The Westin Resort is very nice. The concierge Hilario Santos was awesome! He gave us some great recommendations for restaurants as well as telling us about the complimentary drinks at a restaurant nearby. I was very sick one day of my vacation & Hilario obtained a doctor for me, which was a blessing since I was too sick to walk to a clinic. The doctor took care of me & I was able to enjoy the rest of my vacation

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yvette44

Dear Yvette44,
Thanks for sharing your comments.
We're glad to hear that you had a good stay and enjoyed the service of our Concierge Hilario and our Doctor, we're happy that you were able to enjoy fully your vacation.
Hope to have you back soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed 10 days in the middle of February and had a fabulous time! Benjamin Gomez is a 5 Star concierge. He made our entire stay so enjoyable. He handled the phone calls to confirm some of the excursions that I had already made.He also helped me with restaurant info and even made the reservations for us. He made a room change go smooth as silk. (Moved from the Royal Beach Club to an ocean view room about 5 days in due availability when I made the reservations.) Both rooms were spacious and very comfortable. The Breakfast buffett in the large dining room was unbelievable! They had everything you would expect and more. The tacos at the pool bar were great as were the cocktails :-) The best part was Sea and Stones. The service can make or break a meal for us so by saying that we canceled reservations elsewhere to eat here 5 nights should tell you something. Warm, friendly, fun, and great at their jobs is the best way to describe the staff at Sea and Stones. Wood Fire Grilled Lobster and Sea bass are a must! The spa was tranquil. The beach was beautiful. The pools and the grounds were spotless. All of this while the entire hotel is going thru construction and a computer upgrade. THAT says a lot about how much the staff cares about the guests.We had a wonderful time! Thank you all!

Room Tip: Definetely get ocean view. To beautiful not to.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear karen d,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments.
We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the kind service of our people, especially Benjamin, the facilities, and the culinary offer of our restaurants.
We truly appreciate your kind comments and the next time you visit Cancun, we hope to have you back at The Westin.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed 5 nights at the Westin in the Royal Beach Club. It was a great stay. I travel all the time and really liked this hotel, location and staff. The staff are so polite and work so very hard. It is a beautiful location. Need more restaurants to be open at night as there is only sea and stones and the sports bar. The sports bar's kitchen could not keep up with the crowd. Sea and Stones was great. I would recommend and go back to this location. Thank you

Room Tip: we had royal beach club lagoon view. Very nice and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Ruth B,
Thanks for sharing your comments.
We're glad to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed the exclusive services and facilities of the Westin Club and the Sea & Stones restaurant.
Hope to have you back soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were invited to the property on a special rate and attended the Vacation Club presentation while we were there. Our room was in the Royal Beach Club on the 5th floor overlooking the bay. It was a great room, and even though the room wasn't on the beach side, the view was fantastic. The room was spacious and very comfortable.

I've stayed farther up in the Hotel Zone previously and much prefer this location - it's closer to the airport and farther away from the nightclubs. The hotel felt safe, quiet, comfortable, and relaxing. I highly recommend checking out some of the local restaurants. The food at the property is good, but there were some great options nearby that we really enjoyed (Destileria and Navios).

The Vacation Club presentation was pretty close to what we expected - we spent about 2 hours there and did not become owners.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer J
WestinBeWell, SM Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Jennifer J,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments.
It's good to hear that you enjoyed the exclusive services and facilities of our Westin Club (Royal Beach Club), the beautiful views, the peaceful location, and the culinary offer of our restaurants.
Hope to welcome you again soon.