57 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com
$799
$914
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Official Site
$752
Travelocity$799
Expedia.com$799
ZenHotels.com$931
12,240 results
All reviews el mercado club tower candy shop dolphin pool trade winds zen spa french restaurant swim up room rooftop pool butler service all inclusive resort tacos private beach beautiful resort family vacation steak kids club
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Let me start by saying Wow!!!
Amazing views and location.
By far one of the best I have EVER been to!

Now, let’s get down to the other stuff.
The service is great, depending on who you ask!
Some people are happy to help and go the extra mile, some not so much!
I encourage you to always find someone else if the first person you ask is less than accommodating.
Remember that the way you ask and how you ask affects tremendously the outcome.
So, be nice and kind, that will get you a lot more than if you are rude.

The beach was amazing! No seaweed issues, and beautiful but one or 2 days it started coming in a bit.

The food... great at Trade Winds for BF, Lunch and Dinner.
The roasted tomato soup, quesadillas and salmon yum!

El Mercado (buffet)was my least favorite, and I felt the attitude of some people behind the grill was less than accommodating and even rude at times! (Angel)

The head captain during the morning was a lovely lady that was incredibly kind and accommodating and was happy to help make us feel at home, as was Maria at the Grill and Sandra at the Deserts. (Try the marquecitas)

Yesterday, during Asian night the Asian restaurant was closed and I was dying for vegetarian sushi. There were limited options, so I asked Lilian (a chef at el Mercado) if they could make me a special sushi roll and she went to get the chefs whom so kindly made 2 fantastic vegetarian rolls for me!

Turndown service Amazing!
The hotel super clean, room service mediocre the food, but good to have. (Highlight the Chocolate cake. Yum!)
Front desk sometimes great but others horrible (Minerva was horrible super inflexible and lacks customer service skills)

Unlike Francisco and Guillermo, They both were really great and know how to help a customer navigate different situations and where incredibly helpful.

Operators “0” horrible at times, to the point I had to complain to a supervisor.
Housekeeping Diana 2558 great!
Manolo and Vianey(I think) at the coffe place were great and super nice and their capuchinos amazing!!

Omar at the pool super attentive and just gave us fabulous service.
I slipped and fell down the stairs by the theater and pool and he ran to my aid with lifeguard on toe!

Alejandra a Hostess was super kind and sweet.
Juan carlos at the buffet was the sweetest and full of incredible conversation about his culture ❤️
The waiters at the trade winds were super nice.

The girls at the kids club were not so helpful, and felt they did not encourage me to visit with my 2 year old.

Hotel over all, Not very kid friendly, but they have the basics to make due!
The front desk has balloons and crayon for kids, that was a great touch!

If you use pampers bring plenty as I could not find in all over Cancun!
Ivonne the concierge ‍♀️ tried her best and helped us find something similar.

The entertainment was good too, we have 2 small children so we could not see all the shows as some start really late.
Activities by the pool all day long and food carts cane around often.

Bottom line this is a fantastic choice for family vacation, we stayed at the pyramid building ( and my parents did too) my brother stayed at a corner suit in a different building and loved it!

I would gladly stay here again, and my mom and dad are coming back in 3 weeks.

Have fun and if you have any questions just ask, I’ll be happy to answer them.
This hotel is definitely worth the extra cash.

Cheers,

Ale

3  Thank Aleegli
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Wow! The most amazing views, atmosphere, food and service! We had a quick trip and I kept wishing we could have stayed longer! Habaneros for lunch and Moongate for dinner were some of our absolute favorites! And that lemon sorbet at pascals— I went back for more every night! We met some of the most kind people and they truly deliver service from the heart. The nightly entertainment was fun! This was our first time in Cancun and we are already recruiting friends to make another trip back to stay at this resort! Thank you for an amazing experience!

Trip type: Travelled on business
HyattZivaCancun, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Dear Lauren R,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Ziva Cancun, we truly appreciate your confidence and preference in choosing our spectacular property to live the best leisure time in Cancun; we would also want to thank you for taking the time to share with us your 5 stars review, your first-hand experience really helps other travelers.

It is great you’ve found countless ways to have fun at the Resort, we are delighted to know our great large restaurants selection, excellent food quality, privileged location, full-fun entertainment program and world class service exceeded your expectations in every aspect; we are proudly pioneering in the evolution of All-Inclusive family friendly programs, always creating memorable moments where guests of all ages can delight in fun at one of the most sought-after locations in Cancun.

On behalf of all Hyatt Ziva Cancun associates and myself we genuinely hope to have the opportunity of welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, beautiful surroundings and excellent service.
We tried their coffee shop at night and ask for cappuccino. Vianey the barista made me an incredible delicious cappuccino. It was so nice for the staff Claudio, Adrian and of course Vianey for an excellent service. This goes also to Chef and staff of Habaneros. The ceviche was excellent.

2  Thank RedentorR

Dear Redentor R,

It is great you’ve found countless ways to enjoy yourselves at the Resort, we are delighted to know the level of service you received from the staff was consistently world class and exceeded all your expectations. That said, please trust Vianey, Claudio, Adrian and Habanero's team members will be recognized and cheered for the outstanding Service from the Heart they are providing every day.

Reviewed 18 October 2018

Great beach experience. Food was awful- except for the French Restaurant. Sweet shop lacked SUGAR - great concept though. Overall, I like a smaller, more boutique hotel, but we were traveling with family.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 17 October 2018

The Hotel was lovely, the staff were always smiling and polite. Always asking if we needed anything. The pool and beach area were wonderful. Our butlers Isias and Irving were wonderful. Thank you Hotel Ziva for a wonderful vacation. We will certainly be back and will recommend the Hotel Ziva to all of our family and friends. Hotel Ziva is certainly the place to stay at if you are planning a trip to Cancun.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Compass378465

Dear Compass378465,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Ziva Cancun as host for your beach vacation, but specially for taking the time to share with us your 5 stars review; we truly appreciate your confidence in choosing us to live the best leisure time in Cancun.

We are delighted to know the level of service you received from the team members was consistently world class, making your recent visit extra special and exceeding all your Turquoize Adults-Only Experience expectations in every aspect; we are proud to have professional, hardworking and service oriented team members, always providing a high level of hospitality. That said, please trust Isaías and Irving will be recognized and cheered for the outstanding Service from the Heart they are providing every day.