“Perfect Cancun holiday”
other travellers have booked this property
Start each morning with a beautiful sunrise
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Start each morning with a beautiful sunrise
View from the living room window
With Flat Screen TV
A digital safe in each apartment
Spend the rest of the day relaxing on the beach...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Chelsea, Michigan
“Perfect Cancun holiday”
Reviewed 29 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

This was our first trip to Cancun and we booked this condo based on description, reviews, availability and price. It was truly a perfect experience. First the owner, Nancy, was more than accommodating with all our questions via email. Being the first time in Cancun we didn't know what to expect or how to handle logistics. Nancy gave us recommendations on food, transportation and sightseeing that were spot on. Plus she went out of her way with a few extras that were greatly appreciated.

We rented apt. 416. Very nice, clean and well kept. The balcony has a nice view and the private beach is immaculately kept with plenty of seating in sun or shade. The condo location is in a quieter area of the hotel zone. The Isle Mujeres ferry is very close and it's definitely worth visiting the island. Also the pirate dinner cruise is close by. It can be a bit noisy in the evening just before they leave and when they return but not enough to be a problem and they are fun to see at night.

The restaurant selection within close walking distance is limited with a few places across the street and one, Coco's, a short walk down the beach. All had good food but Coco's was our favorite for beach front location, good food (fresh caught seafood) and a good Margarita. But bus stops and taxis are very close by if you want to venture further.

Overall a great first experience in Cancun. We would not hesitate to rent again.

Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
raenfall
Oregon
“Great place if you can sleep”
Reviewed 13 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Really enjoyed the sun, beach, views, kitchen, WIFI. Place was clean, views beautiful. beach relatively private. Any minor problems were immediately resolved. Beds cozy. Walking distance to some good local restaurants. Buses to party zones were easily accessible. Ferry within walking distance. This condo is on the 4th floor so not appropriate for anyone unable to walk up and down but we loved the walk and views from top floor.

Our HUGE concern was the incredibly noisy music from the Pirate ships during the night. Boats went out at 7pm returning at 10pm; but some nights there were boats out at midnight returning at 3pm. We just couldn't sleep. Condo owners said they get used to the noise so there you go!

Liked best: Beautiful views
Liked least: NOISE at night
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
AMHESRT
Reviewed 20 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It is truly relaxing and beautiful.
Liked least: The walk to the fourth floor.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Reviewed 28 January 2015 for a stay in April 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nancy and staff's friendliness, the location, the view
Liked least: Having to leave
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Andy_NRPS...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Do not rent from this owner.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Would not recommend to my worst enemy. We had problems from the start with:
a) Cleanliness. Bed linen & pillowcases were not clean (smelling).
b) Poor quality kitchenware.
c) Cockroaches the size of mice.
d) Broken oven control which resulted in a gas leak.
e) Leaking faucet in bathroom sink.
f) Excessive electricity charge of $133.00 for 4 weeks which was deducted from our security deposit and resulted in a row with the owner. We were informed by the owner on day 1 that the electricity charge should not be any more than $50 to $75.00. The average cost for the month according to other owners is $32.00.

After complaining to the owner's maid at the end of our first week, the bed linen was replaced, new kitchenware provided, faucet & oven control replaced. The answer provided by the owner for the cockroach problem was "leave a light on".

I wonder where all the great reviews come from?

On the upside, the Bellamar Apartments are a great location with a wonderful clean beach. The security staff & maintenance men were very helpful and pleasant to deal with. Despite the problems with the condo, we had a great time in Cancun.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The adjacent beach & downtown Cancun.
Liked least: The apartment. It was disappointing that it was not as it seemed on the website.
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
15 Jul 2014
It is incredible to me that these two people had the audacity to write anything at all about my apartment. After 15 years of renting my apartments, these were the first people I wanted to escort off the premesis before they even checked in. The wife had an attitude before I even said hello. She wasn't happy with the first apartment because one of the sheets had a rust spot (oxidation from the water)on the end of the sheet. All of my apartments are cleaned beforehand and the sheets and towels as well. The apartments are closed up when no one is in them so they do develop a bit of a "humid" smell until the apartment is opened and aired out. We moved them to another apartment and the fun began...they didn't like anything anyway. When she found out she wasn't intimidating me and could leave if she wanted to, she backed down. I had to go back to NY for health and legal reasons and they ran my assistant ragged while I was gone. She changed the faucet in the bathroom within a day, got them another ironing board because they didn't like the one I had in the apartment, they broke the knob on the oven and didn't turn it off all the way which resulted in gas escaping. They threatened to call the Police and Fire departments when they were told it was a normal maintenance problem and our maintenance guys could take care of it. They wanted a refund and I told them, it would be the same since they were there for 14 days by this time and daily rent was different than monthly rent. They decided to stay the extra 2 weeks, which, if I was so unhappy, I would have left. I told them to take the garbage out daily to prevent cockroaches. There are cockroaches in ALL of Mexico and once they are in the building they run from apartment to apartment. They are not my favorite either but they are a fact of life in Mexico. I was truthful and told them about it when they came in to prevent any visitors. The electric was so high because they smoked like chiminies and left the window and front door open while they were running the air conditioning. He asked me if this was okay and I said it was silly because it is just running up the electric bill for nothing but it's their rental so they could do what they wanted to. They also burned a big hole in my living room curtain. The woman was annoyed to find out electric was extra which I noted when they booked the apartment. She told me she didn't have to pay extra for electric in Miami and I told her, but we are in Mexico, not in Miami and the electric is extra. As you can see from previous posts, electric runs about $40 a week, so $133 was a very reasonable price for one month...electric is measured by a meter read by the security team and has nothing to do with me. I don't make the prices for electric, it's whatever kilowatts were used. We bent over backwards trying to be courteous and give the same great service we have given to all our renters but these people could not be pleased. They were the tourists from HELL! My great ratings came from normal people with normal expectations. These people paid $60 a day for a 2 bedroom apartment in the Hotel Zone on the beach and were expecting the Ritz Carlton. These people were too much drama for me....they left as they came....full of righteous indignation, nasty and with their noses out of joint. We tried to meet their needs but you can't make everyone happy and I can't see anything that would have helped to make this a better situation. They were impossible to please!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing