Review Highlights
Unique Camel Ride Experience

My husband booked us the 'camel safari' through these guys, and it was an entertaining way to spend... read more

Reviewed 15 September 2015
SNB42
New York City, New York
Great customer service!

Last December I reserved "The Dancer" catamaran through Cancun Vista as part of my daughter's... read more

Reviewed 26 April 2016
lissaco

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 December 2014

We bought a tour to Chichen Itza in Cancun on this " TRAVEL AGENCY" if you can call it TRAVEL AGENCY. The worst experience ever. Cancun Vista Travel Agency is the WORST you can get as a travel agency. Our nightmare starts a 6am at the lobby of the hotel, they suppose to pick us up at this time in the morning, they show up at 8:45 am (2 hrs and 45 minutes late) then they took us to another place to wait until 10:30am. At this time we star our tour to Chichen Itza but surprisingly the guide said "we have to pick up another passenger at a different hotel; the people were not ready to depart then we wait 20 more minutes then they came, we the bus starts we crashed onto a truck. Guide said we will have another bus in about 30mins. The agency sent the bus, smaller than the other and some other people took our spots, we were spread in the bus, we were traveling with 4 kids but for them it that not matter, kid can travel by themselves. Before we arrive were we supposed to have lunch, the guide describe the restaurant as all you can eat but, it was a lay the poor quality food was restricted, we were begging for more. we continue and 20 min later the bus broke off. Then wait 45 min to be repair. Finally we arrive to Chichen Itza but the guide said, we may not enter to the park, the agency did not sent money to buy the tickets to enter the park. We came to an argument with the guide and finally we do not know how we get in at 430pm. The tour was in a rush, no time to see and detail the park , the visit to the cenote was also a 5mins visit and the come back to the bus. No time to eat a snack, no time to do anything else, only travel on a bus. We arrive at 11pm at the hotel starving, exhausted and frustrated. CANCUN VISTA IS THE WORST TRAVEL AGENCY EVER, DO NOT TAKE ANY TOUR WITH THEM YOU WILL REGRET IT.

11  Thank LUIS L
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We spent our vacation touring a lot of the ruins on the Yucatan. Coba was my favorite. We took a tour to Coba and Tulum and really enjoyed both. Coba was the first stop and the tour guide marched us off into the jungle on a mile and a half hike and he spoke continuously about the Mayan people and their history. It was hot, humid and exhausting but well worth it if you enjoy history and ruins. No time was given for exploring on your own since you could bet lost very easily out there. Not a good tour for anyone unable to make the long hike. Coba is still largely un-excavated. Unlike Tulum, Chichen Itza, etc. there are very few structures that you can go inside, and there are a lot of trees growing out of the sides of the buildings. After that we stopped at cenote Tamcach- Ha. It was an amazing experience of a lifetime. Be sure to bring your swim suits. Our kids jumped right into the cenote after a long and humid afternoon. Then, we stopped at a local restaurant for lunch. The food was horrible. Then, we arrived at Mayan village. We got to see how the Mayan people live. It was sad to see Mayan kids live in such poor conditions. The kids tried to entertain us with their drums. Be sure to bring money to give to the kids. Overall, It was great to see Coba, one of the most interesting sites in Mexico. However, it sad to encounter the Mayan village.

Our tour was Cancunvista.com

4  Thank Mbui
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We did the Chichen Itza plus tour yester day, my girlfriend and I. I had been to chichen itza about 8 years ago and she wanted to see some ruins. The tour started with a lot of sitting on the bus and confusion of people needing to switch busses at a rendevous point. We were picked up at our hotel on time 7:30am; but we didn't get out of cancun until 8:35. We were on a bus with a bathroom but still took unneccessary stops to pee. Our stop at Vallaldoid city was 15 min. about enough time to go across the street and back. This was the first time of MANY that our guide Carlos encouraged us to buy something from a shop. Our stop at the Cenote Ik Kil was nice and the lunch was good. On to Chichen Itza. We arrived at Chichen Itza around 3pm. Carlos led us to a couple of areas and gave some good info on the pyramid and the ball court. While trying to push us to buy from the local vendors. I should say that a certain amount of this would be acceptable but he wasted so much of our time trying to sell us stuff. He only talked about 3 main structures of the hundreds there. I have done a tour before and had a good guide so I knew what we were missing. When he finished his "guided tour" of the ruins it was 4pm and we had until 5 to get back on the bus. Only problem is all the areas outside of the main courtyard contining the pyramid close at 4:30. No time to explore this massive ruin site. We are told we will travel non stop back to cancun. NO we have to stop for a potty break. Mind you we are on the bus with a bathroom that we all paid extra for in this tour. The AC started dumping water on the guy seated in front of me and a few others everytime we hit a bump or rounded a corner. Terrible.

On a more positive note. Elan (sp) our host and mainly drink provider was quick the whole ride out and back with a beer, water, soda, wine, margarita...what ever you wanted you had it in a matter of seconds. He worked hard all day and deserves praise. He did all he could with the leaking water but there is really nothing he could do.

Carlos unfortunately seemed to have the knowledge but failed to pass it on, as he seemingly didn't want to get in the sun so show us and was more concerned with pushing us to buy from the local vendors. I'm sure they need the money and we did buy some handmade mayan masks at a great price but I paid Carlos to tell me the history of chichen Itza not sell me souviners.

I booked this tour through cancundiscounts.com for a decent rate but cancun vista is the provider. FYI. I hope you find this helpful. Many shared my feelings at the end of this tour.

8  Thank EasyAsheboro
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Our "tour guide" (and believe me when I say I use that term very loosely, was the worst tour guide I have ever experienced in my life. And no, I am not prone to superlatives. I believe his name was Raymondo, or something along those lines. The tour once we got to the site started off with him actually telling our group that he would not be answering any questions until a preset question section of the tour. He provided almost no substantive information about Chichen Itza itself and would go off on tangents wholly unrelated to the historic site. I want my day and $90 back. He spent literally 2 minutes talking about the pyramid, and that was dedicated almost totally to shadows cast on it one day out of the year (not on this day)

3  Thank merlinsbeard1
Brad C, General Manager at Cancun Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at Chichen Itza. Every tour group that visits the ruins are required to use the guides provided by the on-site professional guide service - regardless of which company you reserve with. The on-site guides are very professional and excessively knowledgeable about Chichen-Itza's history, culture and architecture.
It is our guess that you missed some instruction and joined your bus guide for the walk around of the pyramids. The bus guides are not permitted to explain the site as it would violate the regulations set by the tourism board.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

We booked horseback riding through Get Your Guide and the tour operator was Cancun Vista. Unfortunately, Cancun Vista never received the reservation so the day of the tour, we were on the phone with them trying to straighten it out. I don't recall the name of the person we spoke with on the phone, but he was extremely helpful and apologetic. We were able to get the voucher we needed and enjoy the horseback riding. I was impressed with how quickly the problem was resolved and how nice and respectful the customer service rep was.

1  Thank Shelley M
Brad C, General Manager at Cancun Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

All of us at Cancun Vista were thrilled that we could get you on the horseback riding tour with such short notice!
We trust you had a wonderful experience with the horses and hope that the remainder of your vacation in Cancun brings a smile to your face for many years to come.
Regards from sunny Cancun.