It doesn't get anymore luxurious or accommodating than this. A plethora of staff eager to please, world class food, plenty to do. Highly recommend. We went as a couple but would love to take the family, very kid friendly!More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
It doesn't get anymore luxurious or accommodating than this. A plethora of staff eager to please, world class food, plenty to do. Highly recommend. We went as a couple but would love to take the family, very kid friendly!MoreShow less
We want to convey to you our sincere gratitude for the good comments you have shared in Tripadvisor. We are happy to fill with good memories your most recent visit to this beautiful destination. We hope that in the future you will give us the opportunity and stay with us again so that you can enjoy the amazing #PalaceLife that only The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun knows to provide.
The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun
Stayed at the Grand Moon Palace March 22 to 29th. Arrived at the airport around 915 and were at the Grand by 1015 a quick 15 minute direct transport via bus. Ours rooms were not ready when we arrived because it was still early. Check in was quick and we had a chance for lunch and a swim before our room was ready around 1. The resort is spotless. Very clean. Saw one little ant on our patio and that was it the whole week. We had a two double beds. Very comfortable. Large jacuzzi tub in the room which the kids enjoyed for the week. Not sure if that tub is the best use of space in double rooms. Lots of amenities in the bathroom (hair dryer, straightener, shampoos and creams that are restocked on a regular basis). The mini fridge had different sodas and beer. My husband took everything out of the fridge and left a note to replace with Budweiser and that afternoon it had a full supply for him. No issues with maid service, the times tended to be very unpredictable (sometimes your room was cleaned at 10 am, the next day would be suppertime). No big deal. There is a privacy button you can press that shows a red light outside your door if you do not want anyone to enter your room.
We stayed in building 92 which I would highly recommend if you are travelling with small kids that might want to use the water park.
It is a very large resort, maybe a bit too large for my liking but a fantastic overall. Plus they have golf carts that pick you up and take you where you need to go.
The Buffet didn’t seem to have the selection it should compared to other resorts I have been at but overall the food was very good in taste and quality. We ate some mornings at the Grand Buffet in the lobby and the last part of the week at Cusco. A lot of the same food but we liked the atmosphere more at Cusco. We tried Jade twice which was my favourite . Erick made every effort to make our experience enjoyable. We ordered all starters and had no room for a main meal. Delicious crispy chicken, spring rolls , skewers of chicken and steak, pork belly dumplings....yummy! Also had JC steakhouse, very good choice of steak. I had a rib eye with garlic mashed potatoes, truffled Mac and cheese and truffled cream corn with bacon. The Italian Travola was ok, not my favorite but lots of selection for pizzas and pastas. Kids menu was standard at all a la Cartes. They always had the choice of mini sliders, pastas,pizzas and nuggets. We normally stopped back at the Buffett for dessert or the fabulous cookie and chocolate snack bar at the far end of the lobby hallway. There is room service menus on the TV or for breakfast if you want something delivered at a specific time you can place the order outside your door before 3am and you can have a full breakfast with a large pot of coffee delivered to your door at whenever time you indicated. Great to have an early morning coffee or warm croissant while the kiddies are still sleeping.
Pools were all great however we tended to hang out at the wellness pool that was heated. It still was cool enough to be comfortable. The pools that were not heated were actually pretty cold (and I am used to the cool Atlantic ocean). great service around the pools. The lady who serviced the pool area around the kids water park was fabulous. Can't remember her name but she wears the cute white sunglasses. She made sure you had a fresh drink at all times and would also bring you extra bottles of water for yourself and the kids without you even asking. We had a pool side waitress at the wellness pool all day (Elenor I believe) that was working the lobby bar when we arrived there at 9pm. She was still smiling and it was still "her pleasure" to serve you. Service was definitely one step ahead of the rest at this resort. I can't say enough for the staff. It is unfortunate that some travellers have the attitude that these staff are your servants for the week and can be very rude to them. Again they still carry on with a smile.
There is so much for kids to do at this resort. We were travelling with 3 kids (3, 5 and 8). They would swim all day and also had the opportunity to go to the kids indoor play spot to get out of the sun. There is a wave pool, lazy river, small water slides (the larger ones are not functioning). Arcades, interactive games, bumper cars, tracks they can use power wheel cars or pedal bikes, the list goes on. We spent one morning at sunrise at the flow rider and kids pool. It was ok to spend a few hours but I am really glad we stayed at the Grand. A much more busier environment at the other sections of Moon Palace.
Beach is not swimmable (and again I am used to the East Coast Atlantic Ocean). Sand is beautiful and they are making every effort to clean the seaweed with tractors but you would need to jump over a large pile to enter a really murky wavy ocean. I didn't notice anyone swimming the whole week however still pretty to take a walk.
The lobby is stunning and the chandelier in the lobby bar is absolutely beautiful. Nice outside terrace off the lobby bar but not really much seating. would be nice if that was an area to spend evenings with comfortable seating music.
The evening shows are a lot better then other resorts I have been to. We went to the Paul Ponce World famous jugular, the magician, and the break dancing show. All were really good and the kids enjoyed every minute. We also attended one evening dinner show (Lion King). Great buffet and the show was decent. The have some talent for sure.
Overall Pros: The service for sure....excellent. How clean the resort is! Jade restaurant.
I am up in the air about a return visit only due to the size and layout (The pools are smaller and scattered all over the resort versus some large central pools). But again this is such a minor detail when you are treated like royalty all week.
Thank you for sharing with us such a detailed review. It has been an honor to be your hosts during your vacation in Cancun. In Palace Resorts we aim to provide the best all inclusive experience as well as treating our guests in a way that will enhance their vacation and making them feel at home.
Thanks to the efforts of our great team and the recommendation of our guests we can position ourselves as a great family resort which offers diversity in our services for kinds and adults. Every day we seek for improvements and to implement programs that will help us get closer to our ultimate goal, which is the total satisfaction of our guests. We want to take this moment to thank you on behalf all our team members for highlighting their amazing efforts which also will be recognized for this. We hope that in the future you will allow us to host you and your family again to enjoy on another Grand experience and take back home wonderful memories that will last forever.
The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun
I am currently staying at The Grand which is part of Moon Palace in Cancun Mexico. Avoid coming to this resort during prime time unless you are a Diamond club member. These members have priority and many of the restaurants that require reservations are booked at least 1 week out. If you are not a member, you can’t make reservations until you get to the resort. By that time, most of the restaurants are completely booked.
We spoke to public relations and management with no resolution. We ate dinner at one of the restaurants that didn’t need reservations but had to wait 2 hours because the resort is full to capacity.
Completely unfair to people who aren’t “members”. There is a bowling alley at the resort, I couldn’t make reservations by phone unless I was a diamond member. I had to wait for a golf cart to take me to the lobby to make reservations. The whole process took at least 30-45 minutes. Not what I really want to do while vacationing.
I will not be coming back. Too crowded and the are unable to accommodate a full resort. High priority to their diamond members leaving others to feign for themselves.
Please be sure that nothing is more important to us than exceeding your expectations and providing an incredible stay with us, hence our concern regarding the comments you are bringing to our attention regarding the inconsistencies you have been experiencing. We definitely would like to improve your current visit and kindly invite you to please refer to your private messages as we have sent contact for attention and definitely provide the amazing experience you have come to expect from The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun.
We remain at your service.
The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun
The Grande lived up to our expectations! Absolutely marvelous hotel. The staff was so professional, and friendly. The service was top notch. The food in all restaurants was excellent. The spa was a dream.
Dear Chantal D,
We are here to serve our guests and create a vacation like nowhere else. Thanks to the constant preparation, training and enjoy what we do is that we achieve these incredible experiences as was did on your most recent stay with us. We hope to see you soon to enjoy another dream vacation.
The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun
We love the Moon Palace and especially the Grand. They always make us feel special. The staff is so very nice, helpful, and do it all with a smile. We just returned from there and are heading back again in June with the whole family.
Dear Ruth Ann C,
We believe that there is no better place to enjoy than where you feel at home. Where every time you visit the staff makes you enjoy and pamper you so much without needing to worry about anything. Thanks to guests like you is that day by day we focus on giving the best of ourselves to create experiences in you. With the great service that Palace Resorts is accustomed to provide as well as the care of our guests is that we get comments as positive as yours. We will be waiting for you with open arms in the month of June to enjoy another pleasant experience.
The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun
Please consider my comments, based on extensive travel to all-inclusives in D.R. and Mexico. I will provide brief and bulleted comments. This is my opinion....candid and direct....
So, let's start with the positive comments:
- Overall, very nice facility....nice lobby
- Nice greeting upon arrival
- Baggage taken quickly and readied for transfer to room
- Easy check-in service
- Ability to make and deviation to exact reservation is not possible. We booked together with another couple - only to be placed buildings apart. Requested that we be placed in same building / maybe same floor - Not possible
- Pool areas nice, with lots of options
- Service was GOOD, very GOOD - Team goes out of their way to assist you in ALL WAYS - This would be a good reason to return.
- This was very consistent, across complete resort.
- Food was very good - Meat, Fish, etc....all very good.
- Buffet and restuarants, all very good with great service.
- Middle Eastern - Habibi - AWESOME - Ate there twice (yes, at 6:00 pm...as we could not get reservations)
- Food was fantastic....
- Order donuts and ice-cream for dessert - best ever....
- Grill for dinner - Very good, with nice breeze off ocean
- Could not get into many other restuarants....
- Los Tacos pool area and restuarant was Fantastic - Great service by all and a nice place to hang out and swim.....
- Bowling Alley and Theatre are great....
- Fitness facility is awesome
- Bikes are available...and great to use
- Golf Carts around complete resort and adjacent resorts are good...
- Coffee Bar area....great service, great Lattes, great Nutella Crepes - Yummy.....
- Very clean restrooms, general area....
- Again, service was fantastic - Bar, Pool, Everywhere
- Placed in building 91 - very far from everything....with a view of NON-Working Waterpark
- I have attached picture of layout of Grand Moon for your review
- Let's talk Waterpark - Of course, it was clearly noted that Waterpark was not fully functional...After we had made reservations and paid....
- Overall, the Waterpark is a joke, with a lazy river that floats through a Waterpark that is not operational...there is a small splash pad for 5 and under, plus a small wave pool for 8 and under, but for any older kids, a waste of space.....
- So for our duration, our total view from our room....was the pretty-much, non-operational Waterpark - The other view, well, just some swamps, pathways, etc.
- Reservations at Restuarants is a joke - We typically waited in line, starting at 5:15/5:30 pm to actually get into the restuarants....Some, were FULLY booked - You could not even wait for a table. Diamond members (who have purchased into Hotel Club) can make any reservations, basically anytime - I guess they paid for it, but it very much limits availability for others. Diamond members also get first on most Cabana's and have private pool areas (they paid for it, so deserve it)
- If you did not see the bartender pour in a "Called Liquor" into your glass, you are probably getting low, plastic bottle crap....I observed this many times...so I would just go to the bar myself and observe.
- Check-out is confusing, as they did not explain how it works - Separate area, etc...note this.
- Seaweed at Beach is worst I have ever seen...really, first 2 days it was 2 to 3 feet HIGH, with the smell killing the atmosphere....you could not walk the beach.....They eventually cleared some.
- You CANNOT swim in the ocean - PERIOD - This is mis-represented by the Grand Moon Palace - Pictures are mis-represented. This was a HUGE dissappointment, as our 10 year old and 15 year old boys love being on the beach and swimming in the ocean.
- Snack delivery daily was NON-Existent...Even when you called, they forgot....this is a simple fix....leave more snacks, or just tell the truth....no snacks....
- They have these stupid alcohol dispensers in room, for hard liquor....why?
- Signage could be improved...some misdirection, etc....could be easily fixed.
- 3rd day of visit, provide survey to fill out - I responded quickly with some points. Email from Sharon [-] - Quality Assurance Monitor providing me feedback / BUT in reality, just a bunch of excuses, reasons, etc...to not deliver the best service.
- Definitly bring a Yeti type beverage container....
- Hangout at Los Taco's pool area - Quiet, Cabana's available, nice pool - GREAT SERVICE.
- No real need for bugspray - Not really any bugs
- Bring inflatables....and lots of things to throw to each other
So, my 2 out of 5 is critical, but paying $1,300 per night, having stayed for years at very good all-inclusive resorts, plus listening to Grand Moon Palace's Self Opinion / Web-Site, well, I expect much more.
I would not return. Thanks for listening, Mike
We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience. While we are greatful that you have selected our resort as your ideal destination for this vacation, we regret the fact that your experience was not as you expected where you encounter certain challenges that affected your voerall stay. We would like to hear more about this and take the opportunity to contact you. Therefore, pelase refer to your private messages as our E-Concierge team will be providing you assistance.
The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun