We stayed at the Westin Lagunamar as an off season getaway from Interval. We had a 'lock off' room which cost us around £275 ($440) and when you consider the room had a large bed (not superking), sitting area, sea view, decent kitchen area where we prepared breakfast most days, good sized bathroom with spa bath and seperate shower, quiet aircon, and the invaluable washer and dryer, this was an absolute bargain.
We were in block 10 which has a view of the sea and the smaller pool area. I suppose our only complaint was the building work but we expected this and with the patio door closed we could hardly hear a thing. Outside the room the main pool area got busy after 10am so if you want a pool day by the infinity pools get there early but don't just stick a towel down because you deserve to have it removed in line with hotel policy. We'd have early swims in that pool then if we were around later we'd go to the smaller pool for 'happy hour' at 4pm and have a few 2 for 1 cocktails. The drinks were always good, and every other day we'd be offered a 'free' back massage which were genuinely good.
On the final day, we went for the full body couples massage in one of the 'huts' by the sea and I can honestly say it was one of the best I've had and just listening to the waves crash on the beach just made it pretty much perfect. We also had an a la catre breakfast on the last day which was also very good but tended to go to La Isla or Captain's Cove for meals. We loved the fish at Captain's Cove, and a couple of crocs came along one of the nights. We'd also recommend Chilli's at La Isla for simple relaxed and less expensive more local food.
We never ever got hassled for tips here, and unless you want a cheap trip or like being spoken to like you have a very low IQ, avoid the timeshare presentation. We did so just to save a fortune on our trip to Xel Ha which we'd recommend. The trip cost us £22 ($34) each so it was worth a couple of hours out of the midday sun for us pale skinned Brits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun is located directly on a white sandy beach. Our resort in Cancun, Mexico offers spacious one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodate up to eight adults in as much as 1,140 square feet. Each villa features fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi, in a perfect setting in the Hotel Zone on Mexico's Costa del Sol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel Cancun
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel
- Cancun Westin