“Sanborn's Cafe, downtown Cancun”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Sanborns Cafe

Sanborns Cafe
Ranked #583 of 951 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Mexican, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Los Angeles
“Sanborn's Cafe, downtown Cancun”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2008

A friend and I stopped in for an early dinner, drawn in part by the sign outside advertising 2 for 1 "cervezas" between 1900 and 2000 (it was about 7:20). My friend ordered shrimp on a skewer, I ordered a toasted ham and cheese sandwich. My friend's shrimp arrived late and raw, my sandwich arrived late and cold. I gave up but the friend sent the shrimp back, and the second time it appeared to have been cooked. When it came time to pay and we reviewed the bill, we had been charged for two beers at the full price. One waitress after another, eventually followed by the manager/maitre d' (?), told us we did not qualify for the 2 for 1. First of all, it only applied to "national" brands, but we had Coronas. Ultimately the manager went outside with my friend to review the sign, at which time she declared that since it was [then] 8:20 the special was no longer in effect. Patiently we explained we had arrived and ordered the beers long before 8 PM. Eventually, we won, but what an effort!
The place is in a good location near the ADO bus terminal and open 24 hours, but I wouldn't recommend it to an enemy.

2 Thank foobah
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow