See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I use to stay in this hotel when I go to Veracruz for diving. I has a really good price and a great location (you can even ask for a room with sea view), good location (close to dive shops, the aquarium and downtown). It is a good option.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ricardo M
Reviewed 21 July 2016

The hotel was in general clean and the personnel friendly - as long as you speak Spanish. My room came with 2 beds, even though I paid for only one. The service was good for room service. It is considered well-regarded if you leave some tips ($20-40) in your room for the cleaning ladies after more than 1 night. Only drawbacks, my room (2nd floor) was located next to the air-conditioning unit on a roof and could sound quite noisy until late at night ~10-11pm. The swimming was a nice add-on to that hotel even though it was located close to the main street.

Room tip: Rooms with ocean view
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2015

The Hotel Balaju overall installations are pretty good considering the price you are paying. I don't think you will get better quality for the same price anywhere else.
I mean it isn't a grand resort but for $45 usd a night you get a clean room with air conditioning, breakfast buffet included, wifi (a very slow one), pool, valet parking and most important and awesome location.

Room tip: Choose the back side rooms, a lot quieter !
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Guillermo A
Reviewed 27 August 2015

The location is good, right on the coast and very close to the aquarium which definitely worths a visit. The room is basic, but clean and comfortable enough. We stayed here for 5 nights just because we needed a break from the long-term road trip. There are restaurants around in walking distance. But since the safety was still an issue there, we did not feel completely safe while walking around. Servie was all right, not outstanding, not bad either. Wifi in the room was good enough (not US standard though). Also because a navy school is right across the hotel, we could hear the loud noise the students made in the early morning.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

The hotel is very good for the price, clean, comfortable, the breakfast is included and is good. I stayed here because I went to scuba diving which is at 2 blocks. The only problem is the vallet parking, is very very slow, 20 mintues waiting for the car.

Date of stay: July 2015