“Extremely average hotel; fantastic town” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel Taxco

BEST WESTERN Hotel Taxco
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Taxco
Auckland
“Extremely average hotel; fantastic town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

Word of warning - if you're travelling independently as we were, this place is almost impossible to find. We drove past it 3 times without realising and only found it thanks to a very helpful Transit Policewoman.

And - another word of warning - Taxco is NOT a town you want to go driving around willy nilly. The streets are mainly 2 way even though they should be designated one way only - they are typical colonial streets - and the taxis drive like mad men...

Aside from this; the hotel is decidely average. Absloutely nothing to rave about except the location, which, when you finally find it, you will love. All the silvershops right on your doorstep and good restaurants and bars abound.

We stayed on a Saturday night and there was a bit of noise from surrounding bars until the early hours, but nothing too bad...if you want to stay overnight in Taxco it didn't seem to us that there would be anywhere better to stay...but keep in mind that's not saying much...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
College Station, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

The manager is the worst I have ever dealt with. I called the hotel eight times over a 2-week period and eight times was told she would call me back to confirm our reservations, but was told they were holding our rooms. She never returned my calls. When we arrived, they told us they had never heard of us, but could accomodate us for $20 extra per room per night. They thought we couldn't speak Spanish and kept telling the owner they were going to get more money out of us because we were desperate. Fortunately we walked around the corner and found rooms at the Santa Prisca Hotel for 1/3 of the price. The Best Western Taxco went out of their way to take advantage of us. For the money, the place isn't worth it.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank aggie_professor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

The hotel was in a very good area, close to everything. Had a swimming pool. The staff were all really nice and helped us with everything. It was nice and clean and cool.

Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
FLORIDA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2010

I was extremely pleased with my stay at the best western of Taxco. I thought it was refreshing to see a familiar face on my trip. I enjoyed the minimalist decor the hotel had to offer as well because I'm not really fond of the colonial style that is mostly present in this city because I've stayed at other hotels but the decor is really old mostly. Another great thing to add is the fact that it is literally like a minute away from the main plaza which is great because I was able to save a little pocket change and walk to most places. :) Overall i was really happy and will no doubt book again since the staff was really friendly and helpful

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
MX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

Hotel has a great location near downtown Taxco, that's why you must use the valet parking service.

They took my car the day I arrived and marked a little detail underneath the left door in the paper they give you to claim the vehicle back.

On the next day, when I asked them to bring my car, there was two long scratches along the railing below the right doors. Went to the manager who said that the guy that took my car to the lot wasn't guilty, that he might forgot noticed those scratches and didn't draw them in the valet receipt.

They made me waist +3 hours, I spoke with the general manager (who wasn't there), the floor manager and even the people on the 1-800 and no one was to give me an answer. Their final offer was to call a "crash-fixing-man" who told us that for MX$600 (about US $50) the problem would be solved, that I had to give him my car and wait a day for it to be done, thing that I totally refused.

When I had no one else to complain about, I accepted to take back the payment of the only night I stood there which wouldn't cover even half of the damage.

All this mess wouldn't happened if they have had the insurance they claim to have in the valet policy. I thought Best Wester was a brand to trust... big mistake!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family