“Big mistake reserving a room facing street”
Review of Hotel Emilia

Hotel Emilia
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Taxco
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

I thought it would be a good idea to reserve a room with a window facing the cobble stone street (on the 15th, Mexico's Independence day) to see "fireworks"- big mistake! Couldn't sleep, windows don't muffle outside noises.
Overall clean: bathroom, sheets, floor and with hotel amenities.
Nice and attentive front desk host. The rooms a bit too dark.

Stayed: September 2015

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This is the worst place I had ever stayed in my life (my friends agree with me) we stayed here because unfortunately, I couldn't find a hotel last minute. Everything went like this...I made a reservation online on Wed. by Friday I haven't hear anything, I called an they said that they didn't have a reservation for me!!! Then they said they were giving me a room (2 beds instead of 3, what I asked for) then....!!!!! They were having the anniversary of the restaurant in the lobby downstairs and guess what this place instead of being a hotel to come, relax & enjoy your trip turned into a discotheque with awful loud music!!!! They said was going to stop at 11:30 pm yeah right!!! That didn't happened the people keep asking for music, they were all drunk and talking loud. It was just awful!!!! Then around 12:30 am people started leaving the front of the hotel because of course they keep making noise and inside the hotel they decided they were going to clean and talking like it was 2 pm & nothing has happened!!!! There is not a complaint book and nobody seem to care seriously don't stay here!!!!! We couldn't sleep anything and again instead of caring for their guest they care more about for all the young crowd that was partying and making a lot of noise and smoking

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank mgmpg
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The room was not worth it: it is small, uncomfortable and noisy at all times. It is true that the hotel is in the center of Taxco, but that is not enough. I was expecting a place to relax at night, but the hotel does not offer that. I would not recommend it at all. The hotel is beside a restaurant and you hear pretty much everything: music, the valet parking, customers, the fridge and dishwasher 24/7!! What is even worse, is that the staff is already aware of all this and they trick customers saying that everything is quiet after 9pm, but that is not true. It is something permanent and there is nothing they can do about it. Be very careful if you are planning to book this hotel, you would be paying way too much for an awful experience.

Room Tip: The rooms are small, uncomfortable and noisy at all times. Apparently I was offered the "best&q...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Faby Edyht P
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I visit this hotel in early january for a weekend stay.
Every thing looks clean and Mexican Style decoration. Very close the main square which is perfect for Taxco.

But...when we got our room, # 26, I notice a low frequency vibration and a noise. I ask for an explanation or room change. The receptionist said that It will stop at 10 pm.
It did at 10:30pm and started back at 4 am! Figure it out, we had a horrible night.

Next day, since I advised of the issue I demmanded for a compensation, which resulted in a small discount only, from a RACK level.

Summary unless they dont fix the Fan issue, do not take the back and higher room at and price.
They can not rent those room with that issue.

Hope they do!!!

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Whilst we didn't actually stay at the hotel, I wanted to write a review about the hotel's excellent Sushi restaurant. The food was authentic, fresh, delicious and inventive (the tempura ice-cream is to die-for!) The chef clearly takes great pride in his cuisine and the staff were very attentive. So, if you're looking for an alternative to tacos, quesadillas, pizza and pasta whilst in Taxco, do yourself a favour and head to the Emilia Hotel for some very yummy sushi :)

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends