See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This Hotel is well located near to the main plaza. The colonial building with its restaurant is very charming.
The bedsheets had some strange brown things on in. Other than that the room was very clean.
If you want to have a good sleep to enjoy the city during daytime it's not the place you should stay... Just next to the hotel there must be some bars and you hear people screaming in the very early morning.
The receptionist was very unpolite and rude. After checkin in he asked as about 5 times if we want to book a tour. In my opinion the stuff should try to feel comfortable and help you, not pushing you and try to sell stupid things! As we checked out we asked him to store our luggage for around an hour. We would have paid something for it. But he just declared, that he don't want to help us. So we left, walked down to the ADO bus station, locked our stuff and enjoyed the wonderful San Cristobal.
There are so many wonderful Hostels and Hotels in San Cristobal. Even though Posada is in a beautiful old house and well decorated, I'm sure you will find a better place than this!

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2011

When I stayed, the room was interesting, old-style Mexican. The hotel itself is charming, and in a great location near the zocalo. There was even a small balcony. However, when I arrived the person who showed me the room advised me not to close the balcony for "air". I found this curious, but set my things down just inside the door and went to eat. When I came back, the room smelled of urine and sewage. I tried to find a source, and it seemed to come from under the floor boards. I immediately went down and brought this to the receptionist's attention. They said they were full and no other room was available, but they would look for "an air freshener" and bring it to me. They never did bring me anything, however. The beds could use clean sheets and bathroom also needed a good scrubbing. It could have been a good deal, but no hotel no matter how cheap is worth living with a smell that made me want to vomit all night. I got up early and left. Will not stay here again. it did have a good internet connection, however.

Room tip: Check the room for sewage smell before paying
Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank mexguy
Reviewed 28 December 2008

We arrived in San Cristobal late at night without a reservation and immediately found this nice hotel right next to the central plaza. We were able to negotiate a small discount for three nights in total. We stayed in an airy room with two double beds, clean private bathroom with hot water and TV (only local channels, as far as I remember). The room was very beautifully decorated and the whole hotel had a very Mexican atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were cleaned every day. The breakfast wasn't included in the price, but there is a restaurant in the first floor and several others nearby. It was possible to book tours through the hotel, though like this they're a bit more expensive than booking directly from the numerous operators in the town center. The only minor problem worth mentioning is that the rooms were a bit chilly in the nights, but luckily the beds were covered with three thick blankets. All in all we had a great stay in the hotel, and I can definitely recommend it as a good option for the ones looking for a clean and quiet place to stay. But since there are no common areas or shared rooms in the hotel, it probably isn't the best place to meet and to hang out with other travelers.

Date of stay: December 2008
Reviewed 7 March 2007

We stayed here for three nights and enjoyed the hotel. The wonderful wooden floors, very squeaky both inside and outside the room, gave the hotel a very traditional Mexican feel. Bathrooms were clean and bright with lots of hot water. There certainly is traffic noise in the evening and early morning but I always have ear plugs with me.

Date of stay: February 2007
1  Thank Beth V
Reviewed 6 January 2007

This place is deceiving on glance. The atrium is pleasantly decorated
with plants and flowers. There is a decent restaurant (Kuklucan)
associated with the hotel in the same building. The rooms with a bath are
about average for the price range - 230 pesos. The problem is the noise.
During the day -when you are checking in - it is pretty quiet but in
the evening after 10 pm they turn on a water pump that is extremely loud
and they let it run for over an hour. Then the disco next door begins
to crank up until early morning. Around six am, another water related
pump is activated that sounds like a cascading waterfall. The staff was
extremely unapologetic about any of this. Moreover, they kept changing
the time when the pumps would be turned off. I can not recommend this
place at all given the number of good Posadas/hotels nearby that offer
clean, quiet, and even in some cases, less expensive rooms.

Date of stay: December 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank aimlessinportland