All reviews hot water small coffee shop benito juarez great location chocolate shop busy corner chilaquiles balcony door comfortable rooms cute hotel quiet room yogurt including breakfast walking distance directly across the street breakfast room central location
Reviewed 14 February 2018

We spent 7 nights at the Hotel Trebol and had a very pleasant experience there. The central location is ideal for getting around the Zocalo and the entire historic district on foot. I found it a great location for experiencing the daily life of the city, the Benito Juarez Mercado is just across the street. The breakfasts were plenty satisfying, scrambled eggs, toppings, cold ham, fruit, cereal, toast, and coffee. The staff was pleasant, the hotel is clean, very pretty, and there is a tour booking person in the lobby. Our room was comfortable and well taken care of by the staff and the price was very reasonable. We rented a car for two days and the hotel parking garage is nearby (maybe a 3 block walks) and seems very safe and secure.

Some minor quibbles that led to 4 versus 5 star rating. But for one small stool at a make-up table, our room had no chairs. Talking to others at breakfast and peeking in other rooms showed this no chair policy to be the general case, except for the suites. So it was sit on the bed or stand - perhaps that is the norm in Mexican hotels, I have no other experience in that regard. The bed, a 'king' was truly a king size bed. We had never seen a bed this wide before. When my wife got in one side and I on the other we could not touch hands across the middle. A smaller bed (still a king by US standards) and two chairs on the extra floor space would make the room much more user friendly in my estimation. Also, the breakfasts were filling, but the slight downside is that but for the toppings (salsa, mole, black bean) they never changed. The coffee is freeze dried instant...but the breakfast room adjoins a small coffee shop that for a fee can provide any sort of coffee or tea that one desires.

I would stay there again and I hope that I get that opportunity. I am a serious amateur photographer and the location was great for getting around to photograph life in this beautiful Mexican city. Oaxaca is a great place to visit.

Date of stay: February 2018
2  Thank John P
Reviewed 4 February 2018

My wife & I spent a couple nights here after christmas . The location is great - right by the Zocalo, the Mercado, etc...

The food (breakfast is included) was... eh.... ok... this is an area that can certainly be improved.

The rooms were super clean, spacious, and very comfortable. We were right above the street, which was a) cool to look out and watch the hustle/bustle but b) a bit loud at times. During events, or festivals, I could see that it had the potential to be really loud.

All in all, I would def recommend this hotel. We loved the location and the cleanliness. The staff was also very helpful and friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2018

We stayed at Hotel Trebol for 3 nights in December. It was me, my husband, and our 6 year old daughter. The location is excellent-step outside and your minutes from 20 de Noviembre, the Zocalo, and Benito Juarez market. We were on the bottom floor in a standard room. The room was nothing fancy, but we slept great. In fact, it was the best sleep we got during the vacation! We would definitely return to Hotel Trebol! Staff was friendly and most of the people staying there were from other parts of Mexico so it helped us with our Spanish.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Positioned right in the thick of it. In the centre of town one block from the zoccalo.
Comfortable bed, windows that open, pleasant courtyard sitting areas. Tv with satellite channels. Plenty of nearby restaurants. Breakfast adequate, cereal, bread, eggs, fresh fruit.
Staff very pleasant.
Rooms are not cleaned until the afternoons though.
All in all excellent value for money. We had a bright room overlooking internal courtyard so it was quiet.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jillmkp
Reviewed 16 December 2017

I am handicapped and made this reservation to be in center of town in a hotel with parking. Upon arriving to the city every central city block was closed causing us to be redirected for 1.5 hours around the center to reach the hotel and find out that the parking is 4 blocks away and that we would have to go around the same blocked city streets to get to it. This was, at that point, impossible. We have been driving 8 hours to get to Oaxaca only to get held up 1.5 hours to get to the hotel only to find out that there, indeed, was not a parking at the hotel. And, the hotel would not respect our needs nor cancelled and charged us anyway. Unfair and greedy practices on the part of this establishment. After 10+ hours of car travel, we've had to find another hotel with parking on the premises. How could I recommend this hotel?

Trip type: Travelled on business