See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

I flew into Oaxaca late at night and was glad to have had reservations here at this place. I walked in and the night desk people were there welcoming me at the late hour with a smile. I was quickly checked in and I was off to my room. You have to swipe your card into a slot to activate the elevator... a welcome security feature. The room looked like a setup straight out of an IKEA catalog. Very neat, well appointed and nicely lit. Clean, modern and minimalist. The rooms look exactly like on their website. No fancy trick camera work except maybe a little on the exterior shots of the building. The air conditioning worked well but was a bit noisy. After a while it was just white noise. The room had everything you'd need and none of the over the top extras that you end up paying extra for. Best of all there were quality clean white sheets and good pillows on a surprisingly comfortable bed! Score. Only thing lacking is a bench or somewhere to set your luggage. Breakfast in the morning was better than expected. Coffee, fruit, eggs, toast, juice, yogurt, etc etc and a full chilaquiles set up. Very satisfied! The shower was good. Plenty of water pressure. They held my baggage for a couple of hours while I went out and explored. By the way, check out time is 1:00p! Unheard of in the USA. All in all, a great experience for a "budget" hotel. Well spent $45.00. I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank for4onthefloor
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

This has to be one of the cleanest hotels I've ever visited. It is thoroughly modern and up-to-date, a short walk from the city centre, and very reasonably priced.

The complementary breakfast bar is great, with several hot dishes as well as the other things you'd expect.

The rooms provide everything you'd want, including soap and shampoo, with very quiet and effective air conditioning. The staff have been extremely helpful throughout our stay, and the hotel is also very conscious of guests' security.

My only minor niggle would be that there is not enough wardrobe space, but that is a fairly minor concern.

A great place to base yourself for a stay in Oaxaca City.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2016

Not charming but a good stay if you have a car. Good accessible, free parking, within walking distance to the center. Buffet breakfast was quiet good, the rooms clean and comfortable, a relief as I had caught up some diarrhea on the way. Staff was also helpful and friendly, especially one guy who spoke English and gave us a lot of good recommendations. We also used the free shuttle service, you only have to register the previous day. With a car, would always come again. Without, I would move closer to Zocalo.

Room Tip: Away from Main road to the back.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Alan T, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Dear Feuerspatz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us further to your visit . We’re delighted to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, namely due to the excellent service offered by all the colleagues. It’s a delight to hear that our staff were on hand to assist you.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Depending on your activities, great location and efficient oriented hotel. NOT in city centre but a very short taxi ride. Clean and new property, simple and practical breakfast included. Parking lot with security. KInd staff at Recepción, vending machines available.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Alan T, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Dear shshmex,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us further to your visit over the Holidays. We’re delighted to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, namely due to the excellent service offered by all the colleagues. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back .

Warm regards.

Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

The city express in Oaxaca is ok for not expending too much for a room.
It's clean and walking distance to most places.
Good for travelers with a car, parking!
There are cheaper hotels, but not chain hotels in Oaxaca.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
marlen c, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2015

Dear Violems,

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments with the tripadvisor community, it's such a pleasure to know that City Express Oaxaca exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards,