“Delicious food, specialities from the Isthmus of Tehuantepec”

Marisqueria La Tehuana
Ranked #165 of 508 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My family and I enjoyed the langostinos al horno (baked langostinos), pescado al horno (baked fish), and grilled shrimp. I prefer my shrimp to be served shelled, but it was worth the trouble to peel away and enjoy them one by one. Everything was fresh and hot and accompanied with traditional black beans and rice and savory sauces. Some of the sauces are a little too spicy for me, so be careful as you dole them out. Relaxing atmosphere, you can eat inside or out, very casual and the service is good. Not fancy at all, quite simple atmosphere. The tablecloths are a plus. With me, it's all about the food. I'm not too familiar with the traditional cuisine of the Isthmus of Tehuantepec, so I have nothing to compare it to. But we were happy with our meals and our first experience with this regional cuisine. I found the prices to be less than restaurants in the center of Oaxaca city, but the food just as good and original. If you're looking for some fusion-style trendy food, you won't get it here. They cook in a traditional style kitchen from the Isthmus and bake inside a large adobe oven. If you can catch a taxi, or have a car, it is worth going a little outside of the historic center of Oaxaca. To get there you can take Puerto Angel Km 10 and it's next to the Office of Public Security. Can't get much safer than that.

1  Thank tfobmtz
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.