All reviews lovely courtyards eco hotel el llano studio apartment solar panels plastic bottles corn flakes lending library light breakfast pan dulce lovely park santo domingo small kitchen oaxaca city rooms are quiet central area spent a week
Reviewed 11 July 2018

I've never seen a hotel like this! The team of Las Mariposas uses rainwater not only for the plants in the garden, but for washing the floor! They make "bricks" from plastic bottles, which will be used as building material for houses of poor families in Mexico! They collect milk packaging, which will be reused as insulation for the houses and support a lot of different projects! Incredible Teresa runs this hotel - she invested 35 !! years in it! There is so much work, energy and love in every detail. We stayed for 4 nights in a stidio apartment with a fully equipped kitchen - we felt very comfortable and homy. We enjoyed the beautiful garden and the peace and harmony of the place!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Svetlana_Berlin
Mariposas1, Gerente at Hotel Las Mariposas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear Svetlana:Thank you so much for your remark. It was a pleasure and honor having you as our guest and I appreciate your kind words which I have shared with our entire team. Honestly, we could not be doing the work that we are doing without your participation in the care of the environment.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future to Oaxaca and the Hotel las mariposas!
Best regards!

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Las Mariposas has been my "home" for the last two weeks. The owner and staff are friendly, professional and helpful. As a woman traveling on my own, I have felt completely safe here, as well as have had the opportunity to chat with other guests and staff over the morning coffee and bread, which is included in the price. The hotel is immaculate, there is a clear attempt to conserve water and be environmentally conscious. The courtyards are beautiful and peaceful. I will miss the bird songs each morning and evening and all of the plants growing in the patios of the hotel. I highly recommend Las Mariposas!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back patio if you like extra peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Mariposas1, Gerente at Hotel Las Mariposas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Kelley, thank you very much for your kind comments and for choosing the Hotel Las mariposas for your stay in Oaxaca. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon.
Best regards from the entire team at the Las mariposas.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

The owners of the hotel are present and always ready to help and make your stay great
The rooms are clean and cozy and the common areas are colorful and comfortable, great value for money. Very well located on a walking distance of the walking street and markets

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

I am so glad you liked staff service, the breakfast and our clean and comfortable rooms, we are nicely located close to the meanings places in the center of the Oaxaca city. It was honor to serve you.
From the team and myself we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

As well as all of the things you'd expect from a good hotel, like clean rooms, good beds and wi-fi, friendly and helpful staff, and a great location, Las Mariposas has more. It's a genuinely sustainable hotel, using solar power, grey water, and thoughtful practices. In addition, it's a lovely place to hang out, particularly in the morning over coffee, which is provided.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for choosing the Hotel Las Mariposas for your stay in Oaxaca.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had seen our effort to care the environment, staff service, the breakfast and our clean and comfortable rooms.Best regards from the entire team at Las Mariposas.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

The staff at Los Mariposa made us feel very welcome in their lovely hotel. We speak little Spanish and they were patient and persistent in helping us understand. The cool, lush courtyard was a quiet retreat between adventures in the city and a nice spot to chat with staff and guests. I particularly appreciated the attention to sustainability (including signs in English so I could participate). This would be my first choice hotel should I return to Oaxaca City.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Mariposas1, Gerente at Hotel Las Mariposas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

We are pleased you had such a wonderful experience.
We have a staff that will go above and beyond to help you during your stay.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your positive review. All staff Las mariposas send warm greetings to you, hoping to see you in a future.