Free cancellation until 27/07
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$ 107
US$ 104
  • Breakfast included
Casa Angel Youth Hostel(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
US$ 23
Hostelworld.com
  • Breakfast included
Azul Cielo Hostel(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
US$ 50
US$ 26
Priceline
US$ 319
US$ 311
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspool areayogurteggs cooked to ordergreat swimming pooltea and coffeemorning noisehectic cityeggs any styleminute walkrestaurants and barssecure parkinghot waterthe main housespent three nightsloved staying herepay cashfew blocks
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for seven nights and unfortunately would not recommend staying here. The double and king sized bedrooms all face into the dining area for breakfast, so you hear every single noise where breakfast is served (at 7:30am), as people’s voices and the grinding sounds of moving chairs echo very loudly. It woke us up every morning! We met a couple on the floor above us who wore forced to wear earplugs every night. To add to this the bed was rock hard, VERY uncomfortable.

When we tried to discuss the noise issue with reception, we were given the runaround for three days before we were able to speak to the manager! Instead of upgrading us to a quiet room, the manager did not care at all, he actually insisted that WE would have to pay for the upgrade to the bungalows at the back of the hotel where it was less noisy. So, instead, we requested to cancel and get a refund of the remaining nights we had already paid in advance. They once again did not care and refused to refund the money so we could stay somewhere else.

We called Expedia and they said that it was up to management whether or not to give us a refund. In fact Expedia even rang the hotel to request management refund our advanced payment and management REFUSED to do so, thus forcing us to stay or lose all our money. So if you prefer to actually be able to sleep when you stay at a hotel, and not be disregarded by management, we suggest you consider another hotel in Oaxaca.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Beautiful pool, perfect temperature and super clean. Lovely courtyard for a hearty breakfast where you can be by yourself or talk to other people from around the world. I can't speak highly enough of the staff, especially Rocio who runs the place with high energy and always a smile. It's pretty close to main attractions, maybe 10-15 minutes walk to Santo Domingo for instance, but extremely quiet. Our king bungalow overlooking the pool was comfortable with just a few complaints. There are no screens on the windows or door. It wasn't a serious problem at this time of year (October/November) but I imagine in the rainy hot season the bugs would be a problem. The worst is the lighting! Three bare bulbs on the ceiling and very weak ones on the bedside. Too weak to read by so you have to have these godawful ceiling lights on if you want to see. I don't know if other rooms are similar. Air conditioning was very efficient. Overall this was a fabulous choice for our stay in Oaxaca.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 week in October 2017. We absolutely loved it! We had a bungalow room by the pool. The room itself was basic, nothing glamorous but totally fit our needs. The King size bed was very comfortable (although the sheets could be a bit softer).

I was blown away by the care the staff puts into this Casa. I could feel their pride in taking care of the family business. The plants were gorgeous and well taken care of. Everywhere on premise was impeccably clean. Every morning a woman made us breakfast to our liking (eggs, toast, cereal, yogurt, fruit, tea and coffee). Everyone was very very friendly and accommodating. However, only one employee spoke English. I have a beginners grasp of English and I could communicate with the staff just fine, but if you don't know any Spanish at all it may be a bit tough.

We loved the location and felt very safe walking home at night. Very quiet property. The pool is not heated but the sun heats it up and it is quite pleasant. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2017

This was my first trip to Oaxaca and I was traveling alone as a 60+ woman. I wanted a quiet place, a bit away from the main square but easy to walk to. This was it. I felt like a guest in a private home yet had the privacy of a hotel. The owner and his two grown children who all live on the property, can't do enough to help. One of them Jorge, picked me up at the airport and that was valuable because my suitcase didn't arrive and I needed help negotiating delivery. Otherwise you can take a cab from the airport for the $11 and 20 minute ride.
This is an old family home, with all the charm you'd expect. Having your eggs cooked to order, great coffee, fruits, what a great way to start the day! On the first two days, I quickly left the hotel to explore. After that, I got into the pace of Oaxaca and wandered over to sit by the pool for a while with a good book. The pool area is so inviting and the pool is even solar heated--don't forget your bathing suit even if they predict rain. Even if you're not into swimming, just relaxing by the pool was heavenly. And I live in Los Angeles, where we have lots of sunshine!!
When I went they predicted showers and thunderstorms for the whole time and guess what? It drizzled for less than an hour on one day! Locals told me that Oaxaca has the most unreliable weather reporting and it could be raining at one end of town and not anywhere else.
My room with a king size bed was spacious and comfortable and charming. The large armoire was spacious enough for my suitcase and lots of room to hang stuff. There was an endless supply of hot water and a shower to relax you. It was also quiet. I was in the main house, the older part. The rooms beside the pool have kitchenettes if you're staying for a long stretch and are a bit more modern. Don't forget to visit the roof to see the view.
This is a find and price/value wise, you can't beat it!!

Room Tip: I loved the view from my second floor room overlooking the pool. Same for third but I didn't want to walk up two flights
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This hotel is in downtown Oaxaca close to the main square. The place is really nice and in good conditions. Itnincludes parking, swimming pool and a great breakfast with some eggs, fruit and coffee every morning. The staff is friendly and helpful ant they make you feel at home. The rooms are good equipped with the necessary.

Room Tip: maybe some room in the pool side
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family