All reviews designed beautifully wedding planning beautiful hotel green juice standard room great amenities frijoles rooftop bar few blocks main sights rooms are comfortable air conditioner nice room easy walking distance suite library courtyard
Reviewed 8 November 2016

We were received with a complimentary shot of good mezcal...a great welcome after a day of travel. Rooms are comfortable and the breakfast is very good. The rooms are a bit 'cave' and the place can be a bit noisy...but overall, it's a good option in Oaxaca.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul de Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2016

Dear guest,
thank you very much for having chosen the Hotel Azul for your recent stay in Oaxaca.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards from the entire team !

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

We were there for los Dias de los muertos. We arrived at 630am. And they were kind enough to give a room to have a shower. Our room was on the ground floor,quite noisy and dark. Given the opportunity choose the first floor and a suite. Breakfast is delicious but I would take it easy on the 7:30 start; more of 8:30 if you want to have the full selection. The roof top terrace has a view of the city and the mountains. The hotel is within walking distance to all the attractions. The biggest asset of the hotel are the girls working the front desk, courteous and competent. They will give you advise on anything. What we didn't like is the extra charge of 100 pesos for using the face cloth to take off the make up from the celebration.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comment. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Happy New Year from the entire staff at Hotel Azul!

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

While walking on Oaxaca streets, a heavy rain obliged me to seek for cover. So I entered in a hotel named Azul in Abasolo st. It was lunch time and I was starving, so i asked for the resto. What a nice surprise!!! They have a wonderful collection of home made beers and a variety of mezcal brands. I also enjoyed a great arugula salad and the oaxacan entree with little grasshopper, tasajo, local cheese, guacamole & tortillas. Enough to know that this place is worthy. Pay them a visit and judge by yourself, I'm sure you will love the place.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for a nice rest, this is not the place. Hotel is available for leased to locals yo hold their private parties at common areas. This is a boutique and small hotel, therefore you can hear the music very loud inside your room. W

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul de Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear Saul,

Thank you for your coments, our guests´opinions are very important to us.

Indeed we were hosting a special dinner to celebrate Mexicos National Holiday, which our guests appreciate very much.
I understand that you were upset about this event therefore I personally appologized to you and offered you a gift certificate for a free night, which you accepted.

Again I would like to appologize for the inconvenience and hope that you visit us again in the near future in order to confirm that our boutique hotel is the perfect place to rest and to enjoy Oaxaca.

Best regards,
Friederike Schaefer-Wildenberg

Reviewed 26 August 2016

I stayed here over New Years and I absolutely loved the place. The rooms are super cool, the patio has the best vibe and I even kept the bottle of water. I took pictures of every single detail as everything was just so cool. I wish I oculd have stayed here longer!
there are so many amazing places to stay in Oaxaca.. this is the hip one.

Room tip: All rooms are good.. ask for a suite
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Alessandra,
Thank you so much for your kind message, which I happily shared with the entire team.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,