“Warm friendly atmosphere,excellent teaching.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amigos del Sol

Amigos del Sol
Ranked #16 of 114 things to do in Oaxaca
More attraction details
Owner description: Amigos del Sol welcomes you to Oaxaca! we teach Spanish to travelers and people from all the world interested in learning more about the Spanish Language and Oaxaca. We will be very happy to have you with us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Dartmouth, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Warm friendly atmosphere,excellent teaching.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Went to Amigos del Sol at the beginning of 3 months in Oaxaca with almost no Spanish. Within 2 weeks I was beginning to understand a good bit of what was going on around me and communicate in a rudimentary way. The school and it's director, Rogelio, are very creative in adapting to the individual needs of students. You wlearns encouraged to extend yourself but allowed to learn at your own pace. Also a great source for local knowledge (tasty,safe street food etc.) in getting to know the city.

1 Thank Wayne S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

This is an excellent school.

Rogelio and his staff are first-class, friendly, efficient, prompt and really attentive to the students needs. The school is also in a picturesque neighborhood which was a very pleasant learning environment.

I learned a great deal during my week there. Would highly recommend Amigos del Sol to any travelers to Oaxaca!

california
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I was so sad to leave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

You're going to feel like family at Amigos del Sol because owner Rogelio and the teachers (mine was the delightful and smart Miriam) are so kind and supportive. Rogelio is very flexible about times and how many hours you are in class. He has created a curriculum that combines a lot of conversation with vital grammatical structure. Classes are fun, and you'll be surprised how much you learn even though you're having a lot of laughs. The other great part about studying Spanish with locals is that you learn so much about the community and Oaxacan traditions.

Visited March 2012
Minneapolis
6 attraction reviews
“Fun, flexible, affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husband and I spent two evenings at Amigos del Sol. Rogelio accommodated us with the days and hours that worked for us. He picked us up for each class and dropped us off near our hotel after class. In each class there was never more than two students. Our teachers, Mari and Celso, were smart, friendly and encouraging - and they could both speak English beautifully, if needed. My husband, who had only had 2 community school classes in Spanish before the trip, learned so much. When he returned to his community school class his teacher couldn't believe how much he had improved. I loved being able to ask specific questions and was amazed that I could converse in Spanish for 3 hours.
We loved Oaxaca and hope to return. Amigos del Sol will be at the top of our list!

Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best language school in Oaxaca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I studied Spanish with Rogelio and his great teachers for three months. I was met everyday with smiles and a warm welcome. I know that my language skills greatly developed while I was working with the program. Rogelio was extremely gracious and helpful to make sure that the lessons were curtailed to my needs, he and the instructors were very flexible and made adjustments to my advancements and with my grammatical challenges. I would highly recommend Instituto Amigos del Sol to anyone serious about learning as much as possible in the time they have to study while in Oaxaca. When I return to Oaxaca I will definitely study here again. Each day was fun and challenging the perfect mix for learning a new language.

Visited November 2011