US$ 178
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$ 164
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Las Mariposas(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$ 45
US$ 44
  • Breakfast included
Azul Cielo Hostel(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$ 43
US$ 25
US$ 99
Casa Angel Youth Hostel(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
US$ 23
Hostelworld.com
US$ 245
US$ 239
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 December 2016

No one at the front desk spoke English. There was one waiter, Hector who was wonderful and would translate for us and the front desk manager who came in at 4-7 pm. Other than that it was difficult but they all smiled a lot and were friendly.
The room was lovely but the pool was in repair so no swimming.
The restaurant was very good

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Calidad-Sureste, Gerente at Mision Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Dear Susan:

In the name of the team that works at this hotel, we thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments and give us your rating through a Trip Advisor page, we apologize for the inconvenience you had to communicate better, we will work on improving This point, referring to the pool, I commented that at this time it is available to our guests, we are pleased to know that the room and the restaurant have been to their liking, we are committed to improving day by day and we invite you to Visit us again and have the honor of serving you as you deserve.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

The hotel is very calm. The rooms are very clean. Oaxaca is an amazing city to visit The food of the restaurant is very very tasty. And the staff of the front desk are very nice. I wait to return soon and visit the hotel again. Thank u very much 4 your kind attention.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Diana:

We greatly appreciate the comments and qualification that gives us through the website of Trip Advisor we are very pleased to know that your stay in this house was very good and that you could enjoy our services, we are committed to continue working with the firm purpose of achieving your entire Satisfaction, hopefully give us again the opportunity to see her in this house and pamper her as you deserve.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

This hotel was booked by our tour company. It is in a suburb, and it's necessary to get taxis all the time to get into town. There are supposed to be shuttle buses in the afternoons, which we never saw and would be of limited use anyway. There are no shops, bars or restaurants nearby.
We arrived late after a very long, tiring journey, very hungry and thirsty to discover that the hotel restaurant had closed early - we asked if they could re-open it, but no. The reception staff were uncaring and unhelpful.
None of the staff in the hotel, apart from one waiter, speak any English. We did our best with our limited Spanish, of course, but it wasn't really possible to ask for any kind of help with anything.
The hotel is used as a police residence and has been for the last two years. This means that most of the other guests are policement, the car park is full of police cars, the restaurant is always full of armed policemen and the balconies have police washing strung from them. (Actually this was quite funny, but didn't really make for a relaxing hotel ambience.)
There is no lift.
The rooms were not nice with elderly furniture and poor repairs, and the beds were hard, although the pillows were marvellously soft (the only positive about the rooms). Many of the rooms are very overlooked and don't give any privacy.
The dining area was fine (when open), and the breakfast buffet was good, although the police tended to dominate everything. The staff tried hard to help, but didn't appear to be very well-trained. The evening menu was adequate and there was a pleasant waiter who spoke good English (the only staff member who did).
The pool and surrounding area were under renovation and unusable, with clouds of cement dust flying around. Construction noise started at 7 am.
We were very disappointed with this hotel and tried to find another one nearer to town, but were unable to, so had to stay here for the duration of our visit.
I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank GBMember
Calidad-Sureste, Gerente at Mision Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Dear Guest:

We greatly appreciate having taken part of your valuable time to leave us your comments through the Tripadvisor page, first of all we offer you a thousand apologies for all the inconveniences you had during your stay with us and we commented the following regarding our staff Reception, the report has been passed with its departmental head and will take the necessary actions to correct this inconvenience and provide an excellent service to our guests, so we will do our best to improve the English level of our receptionists; Referring to the federal police group we apologize for the discomfort he caused, we commented that at this time there is no guest of this group, So also know that we are working on the remodeling and maintenance of our rooms in order to provide better facilities and services; With respect to the pool, it was effectively in remodeling, we commented that it is now available to all our guests; We will take action with our maintenance staff to reduce noise in the morning or when they are working in rooms, on behalf of all the team that works in this house we reiterate our apologies and we commit to work hard to improve every detail that We invite you to visit us again so you can check the changes made and give us the opportunity to serve you as you deserve.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

It was and awful experience, Oaxaca it's beautiful, but the hotel was disgusting, the air wasn't breathing the room was really smelly, there wasn't hot water, and the service was terrible, I had to move to another Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret1714

Dear Guest
First of all let us thank you for the time you took to leave us your comments through the tripavisor page, for us they are of the utmost importance as they contribute to our continuous improvement, we offer our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had with us, Know that we will take the necessary measures to correct each error that tells us, regarding the room air and the hot water service, we commented that the rooms are being reviewed and preventive maintenance to correct them, Service, each departmental boss will place greater emphasis on the importance of having all employees provide a quality service to all our guests, we reiterate our apologies and ask us to give us the opportunity to compensate for these errors, we hope to return to your home and can Notice the changes and we have the honor of serving you as you deserve.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

First, I'd like to start by saying that I decided to wait some time before reviewing this hotel, if I had reviewed sooner when I was really infuriated by my experience with this property I would've used plenty of adjectives that wouldn't adhere to TA's guidelines.

Anyway, I had a pleasant stay at Mision Palenque and Mision Orizaba, and I reviewed both hotels accordingly. Based on those experiences I thought it was a good idea to reserve at Mision Patzcuro and the experience was, in simple words, bad and I reviewed accordingly as well. I thought it was just bad luck and based on the two previous experiences I took the risk and reserved Mision Oaxaca for myself and for 14 of my clients, what a big mistake!

To avoid confusions I called the property directly, was offered a group rate, reserved several rooms, gave my AMEX number to guarantee the rooms, received confirmations for each an every room on February 23rd. On May 13th 2016, they sent me email reconfirmations for all my rooms and up until then everything seemed perfect.

On May 20th 2016, the day of our check-in, there were protests in Oaxaca, teachers were blocking the road and news reports indicated Oaxaca was a total chaos, by then we were traveling to Oaxaca and to play it safe I decided to call the hotel for their input, I wanted to hear directly from the property, they were nice and told me it was ok to get to the hotel. I passed the info down to everyone in my group and we were all looking forward to get to the hotel.

When we arrived to the hotel, to start with, their parking lot was full or Federal Police cars and patrols, not so friendly-looking policemen wearing life vests and carrying heavy guns were posted all over the place, not a nice view because no matter what, it felt intimidating.

Making this long story short, all rooms were reserved under my name so I headed to the front desk to check everyone in while they unloaded their luggage. This is when hell broke loose, there were four ladies at the front desk, I noticed none of them wore a name tag as it's a standard in hotels all over the world, except for Marison Rodriguez who was the director's representative, behind them and leaning against the wall there was a young girl wearing a high school uniform who was just observing. They informed me that I had no reservations, that my reservations were cancelled, that they had called me and that since they couldn't reach me they cancelled everything. I showed them the confirmations I had and even the reconfirmation emails I received for all rooms, they kept saying it wasn't their fault and simply they had no rooms for my group. I asked for the rooms division manager or someone that could explain to me why they confirmed, then reconfirmed rooms for 15 guests and all of the sudden they simply canceled them just because. There was no manager at the property (it was around 5:00PM!) they told me to sit and wait half an hour for the manager to arrive, I said, no way I'll stand right here until he arrives, that put everyone really nervous and they acted like they were trying to do something.

I wasn't looking good in front of my clients, this was affecting my image as a tour director and everyone was concerned about what would happen. The girls kept calling the manager, there was an upset man standing at the front desk and they just wanted to get rid of the problem.

I understand booking all rooms at a hotel is ideal, I also understand something could break in a room and for that reason you wouldn't offer it to a guest, but cancelling reservations for a group of 15 people for no apparent reason, not notifying guests and even worse, not having a plan to walk them to a partner hotel is really unprofessional, unethical, irresponsible and unacceptable from a franchise like Mision, or maybe it is and it's the way how they do business.

Finally, someone who said was the manager arrived and just limited himself to confirm they had no rooms for us, he kept coming with excuses and more non sense arguing that they had called me two weeks before my arrival but they didn't find me, then they decided to cancel the reservations and release the rooms even when the reservations were guaranteed with a credit card. I then made him swallow his own words and showed him email reconfirmations (added to this review!) they sent me one week before indicating they were looking forward to meet us, so if they cancelled the rooms two weeks before arrival, why they were reconfirming them one week after they were supposedly cancelled?. I went even further and asked him what number they called to notify me, then all of the sudden they didn't know what number it was. Finally one of the girls came up with a different excuse, the number didn't work, I asked them to read the number aloud and it was indeed my cellphone number and it was correct, asked them to call in that instant which they did and magically my phone rang. Anyway, I debunked all their excuses, even showed them my call log for the whole month and there was no phone call from any of the hotel numbers, in other words they never called and they had my email so they could've used it should they had wanted to reach me.

At that point I had a group of upset clients wondering what would happen, I then realized this hotel trained their staff to come up with excuses instead of solutions, they had no plan for us and weren't expecting that someone will prove to their faces they were all lying. The manager called another hotel, he said all hotels in Oaxaca were full but found an option that was supposed to be good and close to Mision Oaxaca, based on the facts I decided to walk to the hotel and check it for myself. It was a really small hotel, with no services and super cheap, I asked them to show me a room and they were almost the size of a bathroom with old beds, smelling cigar smoke, with one old tv hanging on the wall and small a table. That was the best Mision Oaxaca could do, what a disgrace.

Now it all seems just like a bad experience, fortunately, I made several phone calls and colleagues of mine were able to book another hotel which ended up being nicer and that solved my problem.

I never heard from Mision Oaxaca again and even when I demanded some sort of compensation from them for all the trouble and because they ruined my image in front of my clients, I only got excuses and they blamed their reservations system, yes, you're reading correctly it was all the software's fault. It seems Don Franciso Arce trains his staff to come up with excuses. As for me, I may have felt confident that this is a reputable business if they had at least tried to help but sadly that didn't happen and I never heard anyone at Mision Oaxaca apologizing for the inconvenience, not even from the receptionists nor the manager I spoke to.

I'll finish by saying I'll stay away from Mision Hotels and will encourage everyone to avoid them every time I have a chance. I'm sure this review will get a response from the management, I won't waste one second of my time reading it because I already had enough excuses from them, but one thing it's clear to me, bad service is consistent with them and I now firmly believe the two previous cases I had a pleasant experience with this brand were mere luck.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ivan C
Calidad-Sureste, Gerente at Mision Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Dear Ivan:

First of all let us thank the comments you send us through the page Tripadvisor, for us it is very important to know your opinion as it contributes to our continuous improvement, we make extensive our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that had to its reaches this your hotel, we commented that soon we will be putting ourselves in contact with you to address more directly your complaint, we reiterate our apologies for this bad experience and hopefully give us the opportunity to serve you as you deserve, likewise can you notice changes in our services.

Arciga Francisco Villegas