All reviews an excellent hotel business district top floor front desk sergio insurgentes avenue cereal beds internet concierge
Reviewed 9 September 2018

First and foremost, the stars of customer service were Sergio and Adrián. The staff in general and Sergio at the front desk and Adrián as bellperson in particular go over and beyond to provide an excellent hotel experience.

Room: super clean with great bathroom amenities but the room itself was very small for a party of two who seek to share one bed. The hotel has two sizes of rooms: puny for one bed (queen) and moderate for two beds (twins that together can become a queen). The assumption is one bed for one person. Suggestion: a few king rooms in a larger room for either one or two people.

Two Problems:

1) One night, the toilet stopped up and we had to wait until the morning for it to be fixed. Fortunately, there were rest rooms on the lobby and top floor by the restaurant, but we would hope that there would be 24 hour maintenance.

2) The final day, the air conditioner gave out. They told us that it would be fixed, but it was not. They provided an air chiller fan for the night that was decent, but again one would expect 24 hour maintenance. They claimed to have problems with certain rooms all week. If they were having the problems all week and we were there for six nights, then it was most unfortunate that the problem happened to us on the last night.

Hotel amenities: Restaurant had an ample breakfast buffet with hot foods both continental and Mexican. After one day, I opted for their omelettes to my specification: goat cheese, Manchego cheese, grilled onions, and grilled jalapeños. The servers don't seem to understand the difference between toast ("tostadas") and flat tortillas.

Tip: go up to the buffet, pick the bread you want, and ask them to toast it on the grill ("a la plancha"). English works well at the front desk, but not so well at the restaurant. That is surprising for a non-Mexican chain of hotels. Meals other than breakfast were frankly lousy. Many options are available nearby, especially near the World Trade Center. Eat local; the value is exceptional.

Across the street from the hotel is a large property: a Fiesta Inn, a Mexican chain. They have a large restaurant whose quality appeared no better than TRYP, but they have a large Starbucks in the lobby (none at TRYP), an ATM in the lobby (none at TRYP), and six desktops in the lobby that served as their business center (only one at TRYP).

Location is good. I would recommend TRYP over Fiesta Inn for the customer service alone IF they can put larger beds in their larger rooms. That said, a three minute cab ride away near the World Trade Center takes you to several larger, more familiar hotel brands. If you want something larger and more predictable, go there.

However, if you want the boutique hotel experience with exceptional customer service, I myself will return to TRYP if I can get a larger room with a king size bed!

Room tip: Rooms that end in '01' and '02' are much smaller. Ask if they can PLEASE put a larger bed in a larger room; they just might!
Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Nice People, acceptable breakfast included, great price/value.
Modern room, I little noisy when the room doors closed automatically and due the tiny corridor sound like a gun shot. Location is very good, easy parking right at the Viaducto.

Room tip: Take a high floor room
Reviewed 10 August 2018

In spite of the lack of attention to a wonderful breakfast or a drink with a view of the strett in their bar, the Tryp hotel definitely pays a lot of attention to their receptionist. They were the kindest people I've met since visiting the Phillipines or Indonesia some years ago.

Special thanks to Gabriela, whose kindness reassured me that Mexico is at the top level of attention to customer service and we always make people feel welcome.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

This is the first time I stay in this Hotel, I normally used a different brand, but I would like to share my experience. I contacted customer service to inquire some vital information for this trip and this option perfectly matched, they help me to make my reservation considering my previous requirements.
When I got there, the two agents at the front desk were so friendly, I could not remember their name. During my stay they provided exceptional service and informed me that they had handled the call previously.
Housekeeping surprised me, the room was spotlessly clean, anytime I needed anything they were always willing to assist me.
The breakfast was amazing and extensive selection of food, they went above and beyond to prepare dishes that I never even though they prepared, considering my restrictions. Every morning for breakfast, I was warmly greeted.
Bellman> thank you to provided great recommendations on what I should see and go with safety in mind.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018

A nice small hotel with excellent location to move around the city and major spots. Clean and well equipped rooms with good service. A little bit noisy as it is half a street from Insurgentes Avenue and Viaducto, but still in the balance well recommended.

Room tip: A room with a view to Viaducto would be better.