“Good location and, uh....”

NH Mexico City Centro Historico
Ranked #39 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rosarito
“Good location and, uh....”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My first two days at the NH I was not a huge fan. The design is somewhat sterile, and there was no easy chair to relax in the room... so I spent a lot of time laying in the bed. The step into the bath (don't know if all rooms are the same) is a death trap. The 'shower head' device sprayed water everywhere. I am not disabled, but felt it could be dangerous.

Primarily I was irritated because there is an extra charge for internet, and I felt for a hotel of this level, it was somewhat silly. That, and there was a distinct lack of any tourist information... no maps, and very little other information.

However in fairness... after two days, I had the opportunity to change hotels, and I did not. I discovered that the charge for 24 hours of internet service was not contiguous hours (it would have made things a lot simpler had they made this clear.) I managed to put towels down to collect the water from the shower... but it still is dangerous. And if the decor was a bit sterile, at least it was clean.

My room was quiet, clean and well maintained. The furnishings were new and comfortable throughout. The reception staff was professional, however I did not feel the presence of a strong hospitality professional on deck.

The best thing is the location. Very well located for a hotel of this price range. Great for someone with business or conferences to attend in the centro historico. It may have lacked character, but the business or conference guest wants reliability, and the hotel provides that.

The morning breakfast buffet is over-priced and plain... very European, but perfect for the expense account guest. Families will want to dine elsewhere.

As I say, I could have moved, but it was doing the job, and at a reasonable price, so I decided to be fair and rate accordingly.

Room Tip: I inquired if there was a room equipped for those with disabilities, and was told there was ONE. If...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank RosaritoKen
ogutierrez2017, Gerente at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this review, 3 May 2017
Dear RosaritoKen,

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At NH Mexico City Centro Historico we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for and valued. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise, let me tell you that I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job.

We really hope you consider to stay with us again in the future and demonstrate this is not how we usually treat our guests.

Best Regards,

Olivia Gutérrez
Director
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Was here for a conference. Very affordable and a great location. However, they advertise on their website they provide free wireless internet in room - not the case, we spent quite a bit on internet access over the days we stayed. Noisy at night (jackhammers), pillows were hard, room quite small. The Starbucks off the lobby is convenient, however does not offer free internet. Best part was meeting Israel Mendoza. He is a fabulous tour guide. Took us to the pyramids and was our driver to get us out to Santa Fe and back for Cirque de Soleil. Highly recommend him, and he speaks very good English.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank oliveridley
Dear oliveridley,

Best Regards,

Olivia Gutérrez
Director
Vilnius
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Awesome room, amazing breakfast. Central location.

• Stayed November 2011
Napoli
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I've been at NH centro historico for 4 nights in august..perfect location to walk away through the Zocalo, and to visit the city by day (in the night centro historico becames uncrowded). My room was big, nice, comfortable and clean, no noise disturbed my sleep, we were lucky to have a larger room ,our friends' was smaller. Very rich international breakfast (buffet) from the beginning to the end where you can find everything you use to have for breakfast. A little bit expensive comparing to the prices in mexico bars but a really satisfactive way to start the day!. Absolutely suggested...

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Gioggiona
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This is a very nice hotel. Be sure to look for specials on Booking.com or hoteles.com. We got a $160 room for $68/night. Nice king size bed, etc.

Cons: WIRELESS INTERNET is not free. But, there is a Starbucks right off the lobby where you can get free internet. Also, there are 2 computers in the lobby with free internet. There really isn't a bar in the lobby. We didn't eat here because there were many restaurants near by.

Room Tip: Book at hoteles.com or some other booking website for best rates
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends