My first two days at the NH I was not a huge fan. The design is somewhat sterile, and there was no easy chair to relax in the room... so I spent a lot of time laying in the bed. The step into the bath (don't know if all rooms are the same) is a death trap. The 'shower head' device sprayed water everywhere. I am not disabled, but felt it could be dangerous.
Primarily I was irritated because there is an extra charge for internet, and I felt for a hotel of this level, it was somewhat silly. That, and there was a distinct lack of any tourist information... no maps, and very little other information.
However in fairness... after two days, I had the opportunity to change hotels, and I did not. I discovered that the charge for 24 hours of internet service was not contiguous hours (it would have made things a lot simpler had they made this clear.) I managed to put towels down to collect the water from the shower... but it still is dangerous. And if the decor was a bit sterile, at least it was clean.
My room was quiet, clean and well maintained. The furnishings were new and comfortable throughout. The reception staff was professional, however I did not feel the presence of a strong hospitality professional on deck.
The best thing is the location. Very well located for a hotel of this price range. Great for someone with business or conferences to attend in the centro historico. It may have lacked character, but the business or conference guest wants reliability, and the hotel provides that.
The morning breakfast buffet is over-priced and plain... very European, but perfect for the expense account guest. Families will want to dine elsewhere.
As I say, I could have moved, but it was doing the job, and at a reasonable price, so I decided to be fair and rate accordingly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NH Centro Historico is located in the heart of Mexico City, only a few steps away from the Zocalo (Main Square), the magnificent Metropolitan Cathedral, and the National Library. The hotel offers an ideal starting point to visit the majority of historic buildings and monuments in this capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your NH Mexico City Centro Historico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Centro Historico Hotel Mexico City
- Nh Centro Historico Mexico City
- NH Mexico City Centro Historico