“Good flavors”
Review of Sesame

Sesame
Reserve with OpenTable
Sesame is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 5,767 Restaurants in Mexico City
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Roma
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

This place has a nice atmosphere in the middle of the Roma district. The food is very good, specially the appetizers like the lettuce wraps and the pork belly buns. The main courses were more average with mild flavors.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

We went to have lunch on sunday with all my family including my mother, an old lady. Only 1 table was occupied. They told us the rest of the tables were reserved and that we had to wait for 30 min., I only asked for a chair so my mom could wait more comfortably. we agreed to wait as 1 person hadn´t arrived yet. They were uncomfortable with our presence waiting for a table
A lady approach us twice to ask us to leave the place and go to another restaurant. They were not going to give us service.
I cannot possibly believe that in a place that even dogs are allowed, they felt uncomfortable with an old lady waiting at the front of the restaurant.
It is a shame!! unbelievable!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

The portion is really tiny with only about 30 grams rice noodles and charges 132 pesos!! Never gonna come here again

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I recently had dinner here, we were looking for some Asian food in Mexico City and found Sesame using TripAdvisor's "Near Me Now" feature. It was a pleasant walk over from our hotel in La Reforma. Sesame is pretty small but has a couple outdoor tables and decent signage so it's easy to find.

My vegetarian wife liked her vegetarian bowl, with the notable exception that it came with a spicy mayonnaise dressing (she doesn't eat eggs). I had a very tasty margarita to start the meal, then I had their pork/shrimp dumplings, which were delicious, and then their braised short rib, which was even better. The short rib was so good, I almost ordered another one to go even though I was full.

We didn't save room for dessert, they didn't have a ton of dessert options but we were tempted except for our full bellies.

We would have preferred to sit outside, but inside it was elegant, modern and romantic. Our server didn't speak much English, but with our pidgin Spanish and Google on our phone as a translator, we managed to communicate and order just fine.

Definitely recommend Sesame for a nice Asian food night out in Mexico City.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

It's actually a real shame: the food is really good. But the portions are literally tiny.. all of us felt like we had just had a starter after the main dish. In that sense, the prices are really high for what you get. Unfortunately the service was also quite inattentive and unfriendly. Wouldn't go there again.