“Great restaurant in a beautiful part of town”
Review of Bonito Pop Food

Bonito Pop Food
Ranked #162 of 4,665 Restaurants in Mexico City
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 24
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Condesa
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I went to Bonito for dinner with friends and family and had a wonderful time. The menu has a nice mix of Mexican dishes and other kinds of food including pasta, pizza, sandwiches, and a good variety of salads. I had a tomato (or "jitomate") soup with goat cheese for dinner and apple crumble for dessert, both of which I found exquisite. The only notable issue was that the service was a tad bit slow, although this seemed reasonable as the restaurant was packed to the rim and the waiters were very courteous nonetheless.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

I would say that Bonito Pop has a nice room, and quite good service. The reason I go back frequently is not the food, its the ludoteca on weekends, its wonderful, and my 3 year old loves it. My husband and I get a quiet dining experience and he has hours of fun! They even have a great kids menu with sippy cups and kid friendly food for 50 pesos. So that my friends is the GREAT PART. Now on to the food. I would say the drinks are quite nice, and I like the free puffy bread. Appetizers are all pretty good, but been many times and where they do not shine is the mains. Our party of four all had mediocre mains, from fish, steak, prawns and past, all were overcooked and dry and not very tasty. The fish and steak was killed twice. It is okay and edible but by no means great. Would I go back yes for the appies, drinks and ludoteca. Its too bad because if they improved the food and menu this place has plenty of potential to be great!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We found this restaurant searching for the best Mexico City margarita. Travel+Leisure ranked this as their favorite. Be sure to tell your driver you want the one in La Condesa. There is more than one location. This location has indoor dining but I would suggest the main/larger two story atrium in the back. The space is open and airy overlooking the bar and kitchen. Service here was excellent, great rib eye tacos and great margaritas.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Didn't blow us away, but we'd go back for sure. Beautiful restaurant and special atmosphere, though I must say the service was a bit off. Wait staff were pleasant but lackadaisical and I'm still trying to figure out why they insisted on rationing the menus. Overall though, very good spot and we left happy!

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Went there for dinner with my wife and ordered 2 starters and 2 entrees.
For starters we had mushrooms and Red Snapper tiradito, both were awesome. For entrees we had a Picanha Pizza and Salmon Ravioli, both were below our expectations, the pizza was over smoked and had huge chunks of Picanha tough fat disgusting when chewing and the raviolis were just bad, shapeless and too cheese not in a good way. For dessert we had apple crumble and the apples were undercooked and acidic.
The service was poor, the basically recommended whatever we asked not helpful at all and about the drinks I asked the waiter if the tequila and beer were cool and he said yes and then brought me one of each at room temperature.
I was really expecting much more for the prices they charge. Not coming back.