“I used to love this place, BUT...”

TOKYO Autentico Restaurante Japones
Ranked #316 of 5,598 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Reforma / Zona Rosa
Description: Telephone: 5525-3775 / 5525-3935
Reviewed 22 September 2016

I was there last week and the food and taste is still amazing, however, I had a problem when paying for our meals. The menu indicated that some dish included soup, rice & fruit for dessert, but when we got our check, they were charging us more than the price listed. I complained and showed the waiter that the menu didn't indicate that those were not included and in fact, showed the opposite. He then said: "well, your previous waiter made a mistake and should've told you that those are not included". We ended up paying around 260 Pesos each for a small cup of gohan, a miso soup, chicken teriyaki with just 3 pieces of chicken and a soda, which is expensive for Mexico standards considering this is not a posh place. The food is fabulous but beware of this scam.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

I'm a big fan of this restaurant in the Zona Rosa. The sushi and sashimi are delicious and I like the tempura dishes also. Nice atmosphere and good service.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

Something Different. Some of the best Japanese food in Mexico. The waiters were very good describing the different plates, but we were seated at table that was somewhat hidden, which made it difficult to ask for something.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Great authentic Japanese Food at an accessible price!

Located in the heart of the Zona Rosa ... I loved the tempura and the daily lunch menu is a great option.

1  Thank METRUN360
Reviewed 4 February 2016

Their packages come at a great price and include four pieces of a california roll, fried fish/chicken/pork, miso soup, fried rice and three pieces of fruit as dessert. It is enough food but the quality is very average. I give them an extra point because I like that they gave me a bit of spicy surimi to try. I might give it a go a second time, but for the sashimi/sushi fish, not the packages.