“Good budget hotel”

Hotel Fleming
Hotel Fleming
Ranked #195 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This economical hotel is situated near the Alameda Central and a short walk from the Centro Historico, the Zocalo and three different subway lines. The neighbourhood is a bit scruffy but is on the rise. The rooms of the hotel are small but scrupulously clean. The restaurant is reliable and most of the staff friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for an "interior" room as those that face the street can be noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank pinombre
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Can't beat the price - $42 US per night. It has an average restauant and bar, wifi, etc. Rooms were okay. We stayed here at the beginning and end of our trip. On the first stay, one of our party said that her windows didn't have screens so she had mosquito bites all over her. Hmmm. But on our next visit (the night before we left Mexico) our son had a lot of bites too, and his room DID have screens. When we looked closely at the bites, they looked for all the world like bed bug bites (even the pattern of threes typical of bed bugs). So..... great price, great location, but maybe bedbugs. The other rooms were fine - just those two. Hmmmm

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the street are quieter. It can get very noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gearheart
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Stayed 9 nights at Fleming in June. The place is completely central (though extremely quiet and silent), and you are very close (like a 5 minute-walk) to Palacio de Bellas Artes, Zocalo, well, to everything that really matters in the city center. The metro stop Juárez is a 3 minute walk, so you are actually very close to everything. It is also very clean (which is something I appreciate) and people that work there are very nice and available. The rooms are quite big, although the only drawback I found was that my room was an interior one, which meant that some nights the heat was close to unbearable. I guess the number was 413, try to avoid those interior rooms, for there is no air circulating there and the room gets much hotter. Apart from that (in fresher nights I had no such problem), the shower is great, lots of room, close to Metro and you even have fast-food chains very close, in case you have those gastrointestinal problems (and you need to normalize things), like I did :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank CarlosBarradas
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I first booked into the Fleming on the recommendation of our taxi driver from the airport who strongly recommended that we stay there rather than where my girlfriend had made a reservation - he was right (I looked at the other later). Despite my initial scepticism I found that he wasn't generally redirecting visitors to the Fleming (and despite my longish stay I never saw him at the hotel again).

I've stayed at the Fleming on various visits to the city since 1998 - and all have met my expectation of helpful and reliable service.

My Spanish is poor - and the English at the desk isn't of the best - but this has never been a problem.

The hotel is well located and extremely good value. Taxis arranged when I've wanted to go to the airport, bus station or further afield have always been similarly well-priced.

The in-house restaurant serves a good value-for-money breakfast. Only on my last visit did I do lunch at the restaurant and found it similarly good value. Both breakfast and lunch find many locals eating in the restaurant; this is indicative of the quality and value.

The staff in both the hotel and restaurant are generally friendly and make an effort to meet the needs of visitors.

Room Tip: I've always been happy with the room assigned, but none of these has been on the street, so can...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ashley L
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Hotel Fleming, took two rooms for four nights for myself, husband and two kids in Feb 2012. I found hotel, clean, practical, servicable, safe. I found it good value and staff fine for price. Great location with many good inexpensive restaurants nearby. We would walk back from Zocalo or Belles Artes at night with no issues. Very close metro stop.

Room Tip: Get rooms on fifth floor
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family