All reviews location is excellent parque iron refrigerator ac
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I was advised to book a room in the new side of the hotel, which I did. My room was clean, but the AC was not constant, and the temperature was too high for my comfort. The street noise did not allow me to seep properly, I could hear a lot, and I was in the upper floors. Also, my room was by the elevator, and it had a weird noise that scared me at night. It was a reasonable price though, and the staff were very considerate to me when I checked out earlier. The restaurant waiters were very very kind to me, everyday.

Room tip: Ask for a room in the new side of the hotel!
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here only for a night (thank God) this past Christmas. It's around 900 pesos the night so it's not expensive, at least. But I wish I paid more just to have a more pleasant night.
The room we got was on the sixth floor and even though it was way up high, it was EXTREMELY noisy. I realize the hunks and noise from the trucks, cars and planes is not the hotel's fault, but I think they could invest more on windows, they should be soundproof. The noise was really unbearable, I didn't sleep at all the whole night.
Besides that, the lobby and room are so outdated, it's like you're stuck in the 70's, not in a good way.
It felt depressing and the bed sheets felt dirty.
Oh and please do something about your front desk staff, they couldn't be more unhappy doing their jobs.
Overall, not a good experience at all.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel business trip.
No doubt the location is excellent. It is in the business district, near restaurants and other attractions.

The attention at the reception desk is very poor. The people in charge seem to be mad at you for being there interrupting their computer games.

The hotel is indeed a bit run down. Yet, my room was clean, spacious and comfortable.

You can get this room for under $60, which is quite cheap for the area

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I stayed 3 nights at The Diplomatico CDMX, the hotel is kind of old refurbished but it does not have a feeling of newer.
The rooms are spacious but so dark. Painted in dark gray, with grey floors, and the whole room has only 6 small spotlights, so you feel you are in a cave. It is depressing.
Service and food at the restaurant are so-so and expensive.
The worst part was that the night before last, a woman called my room, asked for me, and told me she was the hotel’s security manager, that some drugs investigation was going on at the hotel and that she would pass the phone to the chief investigator.
Before I could talk a man was talking in the phone telling me they were having an inspection of the hotel for drug dealers. And we should not go out of the room even if we heard screams or pounding. Then he proceeded to ask for my full name and birth date. I’ve heard so much about extorsion schemes and I answered that he should know the info since he was calling me!
He went really mad and said I should’ve understood the seriousness blah blah blah. I hung up the phone and called the hotel’s operator and told him about the call. He said nothing was happening at the hotel and he wouldn’t allow anymore exterior calls to go thru.
I let the hotel manager know the situation the next day, and told me they would investigate.
I believe that somebody inside the hotel is involved with this criminals since I did not let any one in the city know my room number. Much less my name. And the Operator should have NOT communicated the call to my room before asking first.
I will NEVER stay back in that Hotel.

Room tip: Will not stay there again
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank MarthaD400
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed there for one night and for the price it was a steal. I stayed at room 1803 and thought it was very nice for the rate of about $81 dollars I paid. Nothing impressive about the reception area but the room and view was worth it.

Date of stay: September 2017