“Very good”

Ranked #405 of 9,187 Restaurants in Mexico City
Price range: ₹100 - ₹2,006
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Cuauhtemoc District
Description: Asian Bay is a tradicional chinese food family style service. Ambience and service is semi casual. Food is serve in a tradicional chinese way to share. Chef Luis Chiu belongs to a Chinese family with experience in chinese restaurants in Mexico since 1946 (Shanghai Restaurant, first Chinese restaurant in Mexico City China Town). Chef Luis Chiu serves food mainly from Canton, Sichuan, Beijing and Shanghai. Asian Bay has 5 menus; 1.-Normal Menu with chinese and american chinese dishes. 2.- Traditional and secret Chinese Menu. 3.- Hot Pot Menu. 4.- Brunch Menu (Sundays 11:00-13:00) Dim Sum, Dumplings and more 5.- Vegetarian Menu Feel free to ask for any of the 5 menus and enjoy a total Asian Bay experience.
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

I love the Condesa neighborhood in DF. This is one of the few restaurants I have tried here and it was very good. Quantity of food was just right for me (was alone). Ordered fried veg rice and mixed vegetables and both dishes were excellent.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I had an extraordinary experience, the chef made us a special "on the chef duck" which you have to ask before going and it's amazing!! Please try it

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 9 August 2016

One complaint of many expats living in Mexico is the difficulty in finding decent Asian food. If all you know are the so-called Chinese buffets with their sliced hot dogs, French fries, canned corn and the ever-popular Chinese sushi, try Asian Bay and be pleasantly surprised.
I've been there twice. First with a friend and we shared wonderful dim sung and a Hot Pot with various meats, veggies and noodles of your choice, which was delicious.
I just returned for a solo visit. I'll admit I tried the Pig Ear appetizer out of curiosity. And I will now try it again. The hot lamb plate with peppers contained very succulent lamb spiced just right, and was a generous helping.
The menu is quite large so I fear many return trips are in my future.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

This is a very nice Chinese restaurant attended by Luis and his family. A lot o Chinese people are always in the restaurant which testify the good flavor and similarity to the original Chinese food. I recommend the wonton soup and the roasted duck. We always have duck every time we go there.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

The wonton soup was very average. The fish with spicy sauce was disgusting! Very sweet and thick. Not sure why this place gets ratings so high. This has nothing to do with asian food!

Date of visit: June 2016