“Smoke and mirrors...” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #136 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Livingston, Montana
“Smoke and mirrors...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

We recently stayed at the Gran Prix before a flight back to the US because they had a "free shuddle service" and it seemed affordable. The staff was friendly, but the restaurant had the worst food I think I've ever eaten, and it was about 500 pesos for two people to eat, but given the location of the hotel, there are no other options nearby. The worst part was that after we talked to them about a ride to the airport the night before, they did not have enough room in the shuddle for my girlfriend and I. We could not wait another half hour to leave (it was 5 AM, we had a 7:30 flight), so we had to hire a car for 120 pesos to take us to the airport in order to not miss our flight. Definatly would not reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Samueltripp78
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

Located closer to the Airport and has a counter in the Airport itself. They do free pick up and drop off which is very easy. Modern contemporary interior decoration ! You have a purple color chair in the room !! Good attention to detailed housekeeping. Comfortable rooms ! Value for money !
Though they say wifi is available and give a code it doesn’t work. Staff has no clue to help. People at the Reception [ except one ] were not friendly. May be because I do not speak Spanish ! I had my wifi password in the room and wanted to use the I pad in the restaurant. The man in the reception simply said it’s in your key card and did not want to help at all. [ it did not work anyway ! ] However, following day the I saw little pieces of papers with the code printed available enough in the restaurant.
Has a good restaurant with a fantastic captain who would want to treat you well and help you to select some good authentic Mexican food.
However, was shocked when he asked me to add his tip also in to the bill when I wanted to pay by the credit card. It’s nothing unusual in Mexico. If you pay by the credit card and do not have pesos , you can simply add the tip also in the bill. Which is convenient !

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

GP is located in not a nice area, but at a mere 10 minutes drive from the airport’s Terminal 1 (frequent shuttle service included in the 63 Dollars tariff), it becomes a sensible choice to anyone looking for a clean and affordable place to spend the night.
The reception staff is friendly. Rooms are clean, big, and nicely decorated, once you get over the overwhelming purple walls. Breakfast was available for 90 Pesos, we didn’t try it so can’t comment on it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Madrid
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. On the advertising photos the hotel looks nice. And this why I have chosen it. BIG MISTAKE! The entrance, the lobby, the corridors and the doors to the rooms are OK. But when you get to the room it looks like a ghetto hotel room. The room is dark, the curtains are dark, the bed cover is dark... The bathroom is big, but it looks old and it is old.

I could not find any electric socket in the room to recharge my mobile phone, so I had to move the desk with the TV, as the only available socket I could find was behind.

The room gives to a noisy street with all night traffic. There was no heating in the room, so it was really cold even with the light blanket that was available.

Internet connection. I could not connect to the internet and went to the lobby for assistance. Nobody was able to assist me. I wanted to use one of the computers in the lobby. One of the receptionists was using the second one. The computer I wanted to use did not work so I asked the receptionist what could I do. I don't remember the reply, but I gave up and went back to my room.

Luckily I have stayed only few hours in this hotel as I had an early flight. I usually stay at the very nice NH Aeropuerto T2 which is conveniently located nearly in the hall of the Mexico airport, but this time it was fully booked.

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. Don't buy the advertising photos!!!

The only good thing of this hotel is the free of charge transfer from and to the airport.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business