The only reason to stay in this hideously expensive, if brand-new, hotel might be the convenience of an elevator ride from the heart of Terminal 2, but the Camino Real or Hilton may have been just as handy and have provided a better experience after a long and tiring flight.
Of course the rooms are nicely equipped, large, super-modern, super-quiet and clean (though we had a drainy smell in the high-tec bathroom) but why do these soulless places make no effort whatsoever to provide a welcome or any of the basics you’d find in any backpacker hotel? Like, for example, a bottle or two of free water (only available in the minibar which you have to activate when registering); or free wi-fi (at an outrageous US$20), again pre-purchase-only. Even the coffee for the coffee-machine is safely locked up in the fridge! And we were unable to charge dinner in the restaurant to the room, but had to pay there and then.
This lack of service mentality or respect for their guests extends to the bored, uninterested, totally unengaged and glacially slow reception staff, as so many others have commented. We were just abandoned when a ten-person flight crew arrived (after us) to check in. It is, by any standards, a disgrace to the NH name; all the problems reflect lack of management, particularly the check-in. Isn’t it obvious that tired airport travellers will just want a smile, and to get to their rooms quickly?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2 is located inside the new Terminal 2 at the Benito Juarez International Airport in Mexico City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Aeropuerto t2 Mexico Hotel Mexico City
- NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2