Hotel Casa Gonzalez
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Bristol(Mexico City)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Hotel Del Angel(Mexico City)
  • Restaurant
Suites Del Angel(Mexico City)
View Hotel
Suites Estocolmo 30(Mexico City)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbritish embassyother guestsguest houselovely courtyardhome away from homemain avenuesubway stationfew blockschapultepec parksafe neighborhoodpaseo de la reformaother travelershot waterstayed nightsstreet noiserooms are comfortablecommon areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Casa Gonzalez is a wonderful place to stay in the city. We were there for 8 nights, in a first-floor room facing the courtyard. But it was more than a room--because of the way the hotel is laid out and the care taken by the staff, it feels like a whole welcoming compound. At the same time, we never felt like we lacked privacy.

The restaurant is lovely and the breakfasts were friendly and filling. The room was very clean. There were a few days where we did not have hot water at the time we were ready for a shower in the morning, but other days it was perfect, so we didn't even bother to contact the staff to see if it could be remedied.

On the issue of noise: We could hear noise from the street on and off--sirens, dogs barking--but it wasn't loud or bothersome. Sometimes people chatted at the courtyard tables outside our window, but again, it wasn't disturbing. There is a fountain in that part of the courtyard that somewhat masks the sound of conversation and other noise.

The location is very good, close to Paseo de la Reforma, which has fast bus service in both directions--the bus to the anthropology museum took only 8 minutes, but it's also walkable if you are a walker.

We'll certainly plan to stay there again next time we're in Mexico City.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jorge O, Owner at Hotel Casa Gonzalez, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We are delighted to hear that you were pleased with your stay—our number one priority is always that our guests feel at home here in Casa Gonzalez. We are sorry to hear that you had issues with the hot water.
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your thoughts, and we hope to see you back at Casa Gonzalez, your home away from home.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed 4 nights. We asked to be moved to 1st floor room which we preferred room 129. Lovely gardens, seats and lots of birds to watch. The rooms are a good size comfortable beds. It’s very central for getting around the city. Staff were helpful. It’s a family run concern which has grown massively , we had breakfast there one morning , it’s at a communal table not quite sure about that with the size of the Hotel . The coffee and cake in reception were excellent! Would recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jorge O, Owner at Hotel Casa Gonzalez, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind review.
We have changed all room numbers, the suite on the first floor is now room 137.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Pros:
The hotel is located in a nice location, across the street from the British Embassy and "Les Moustaches Restaurant". It has a lovely tranquil garden with lots of trees, birds chirping, fountains, and nice landscaping.

Cons:
There is NO available iron or ironing boards in the hotel! You can't even ask housekeeping for it, because those items aren't available! The hotel will iron your cloths for a fee but they will only iron certain items like shirts or pants, not suits. I had to go to a drycleaner a block away to iron the rest of my cloths and they did a much better job than the hotel.
Another detail I didn't like was that there are mosquitos hiding underneath the beds. I got bitten every evening, once the lights went out. Unfortunately, the windows do not have screens to prevent the mosquitos coming into the rooms.

The hotel is comfortable and convinient with nice rooms. I hope the hotel will work on those two issues

Room Tip: If you choose a suite, ask for #137 or #135. Both have small balconys.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion, we always value it.
I am terribly sorry you had such a bad overall experience.

I do not know the details of what happened with the ironing of your clothes, I offer an apology.
We have had some problems with the irons in the rooms (damaged beds and risk of fire) so for the time being we will not put irons in rooms.
We do offer regular ironing service for a reasonable price, the service is available most of the day.

Concerning the mosquitoes, we have an automated system that sprays the gardens with an organic product derived from marigolds.
Based on your complaint we will schedule more frequent spraying to try and better control the mosquitoes without affecting the bees or hummingbirds.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I work for Worldfund, an NGO which helps to improve the quality of public school education by inspiring teachers, creating leaders and transforming lives. Over the last 2 1/2 years I always stay at Casa Gonzales on my trips to DF and so do my colleagues - we are all treated like royalty! The owners and the staff are unbeatable, very welcoming and receptive, helpful with any request. The location is wonderful and the atmosphere is cozy. CG has many amenities nearby - good restaurants, salons and lots of options for things to do within walking distance. Thank you Jorge and team for being who you are, people I consider very special friends! And thank you for supporting Worldfund's mission!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kelly M

Thank you for your most kind words, we were delighted to have the honor and privilege to host your group.
I believe we have been working with your organization since it’s foundation many years ago.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

It’s hard to write a detailed review as we only stayed for one night. Location is great and a 2 minute walk to reforma. It’s also a little oasis once you are in the grounds of the hotel. Room was clean and shower was great. The only negative is that the internet was terrible. For what we paid I expected decent internet. We both rely on internet for work and spent most of that evening in Starbucks using their WiFi. I think the WiFi is better outside but we didn’t want to spend our evening working outside in the cold.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Jorge O, Owner at Hotel Casa Gonzalez, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am sorry you had internet problems when you were here, we have had issues with our internet service provider.
I am terribly sorry your overall experience was not better. I believe you paid about $50.00 USD for the room, and we had a full house and gave you a room upgrade to a room not facing the street.
Hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon and be able to provide a better quality WiFi next time.