1,480 results
All reviewstour desktemplo mayorrooftop terraceexcellent locationmain cathedralgreat bargaintwo blockssingle roombreakfast buffetrooms are clean and comfortablezocalo areahistoric centercentral locationtop floorhotel restaurantno air conditioningdesk staff
Reviewed 13 November 2007

i have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the span of about a month and have had good experiences each time. The rooms are clean, if a bit worn, and the lobby and restaurant are nice. Breakfast comes with the room and you have a broad selection of items to choose from ranging from hot cakes to tamales!

Many reviews state that there is a filtered water tap in the room, but I have only had this once. The other times there was a bottle of water provided each day. There are also not hairdryers in all the rooms. Hand towels and wash cloths seem non-existent. I had a horrible hard pillow, but a polite request to housekeeping for something a little softer landed me a nice, plush feather pillow.

The only complaint I have is that I canceled a reservation but the hotel 'accidentally' charged my card. They requested my credit card number, I sent it, but the problem is still not resolved 2 weeks later.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Melinda K
Reviewed 12 November 2007

The visit was good to the hotel. We stayed there 5 nights. The rooms were fine, a little worn, but not bad at all. Most of the staff could speak and understand English. The restaurant onsite was ok, nothing great, but still good. We opted to include breakfast with the room price. This limits your choices on the menu in the morning. I would probably say just pay for the room and do breakfast on your own. The beds were very firm and there were no hand towels or washcloths in the bathrooms. My room didn't have a water-filter in the bathroom, so they put a couple bottles of water in the room.

On a side note, the travel agency in the hotel is convenient, but not the best choice. The tour of the pyramids we booked wasn't too expensive, but we kind of felt mislead. We were told we would have 4 hours at the site. Well, not really. When we got there, we had to spend almost an hour at this gift shop looking at overpriced souvenirs. We had less than 2 hours at the pyramids because we had to meet for lunch. So, then we have to go have lunch at this overpriced restaurant. I wonder how much in kick-backs they got from all that. We felt really rushed at the pyramids.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2007

We travelled from Sydney to Mexico City and were so happy we booked this hotel for 6 nights. From check in to check out nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We had no problem with the language, our room was clean, we had a balcony with great views and there is even a filtered water tap in each room. The hotel is in walking distance of the major sights in Centro Historico and there are great places to eat and shop nearby. The travel agent at the hotel booked trips to the pyramids/shrine and Taxco for us and we had the best time-very professional. We had breakfast included and the food was delicious and authentic. If you reserve your room using their website, pay when you leave you get a 10% discount by paying in pesos.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2007

We stayed here for 6 nights while visiting our daughter. The hotel is centrally located to many of the City's sights and the staff, as others have mentioned, were outstanding.
Unless you have the ability to sleep through all kinds of noise, I would strongly advise you to ask for an interior room. We spent the first couple of nights in a room that faced the street and it was really noisy. After switching to a room facing the large interior airshaft (that sounds icky but it really wasn't -- the "view" of the street is actually less attractive than the airshaft) we were rewarded with a truly quiet nights' sleep. The staff was very pleasant and efficient about making the change for us.
The room rate included a choice of breakfasts in the restaurant that were tasty and plentiful and the coffee was great.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DevelopmentGal
Reviewed 29 October 2007

Stayed for 2 nights in Catedral.
It is a nice little place in a really convenient location.

Yes the decor was a bit outdated, but we didn't care. The rooms were spacious, bathroom large. My only comment is that the rooms could have been a bit cleaner. Complaint-- no hairdryer in the bathroom. Reception staff was really nice and helpful. After requesting in advance, we were able to check in really early in the morning. Due to some flight changes, we also had to cut our original booking by one day, which was also dealt with efficiently and with no problems.
Excellent travel agent in the lobby who was able to quickly and efficiently deal with our requests. Internet is also available in the lobby. Location is great for exploration of the city. If necessary there is also a small store nearby where you can buy some necessities.

The reception staff advised us on using other registered taxis for transfer to the a/port, which were much cheaper than the aiport ones. The hotel books the taxis for you. We took their advice and there we absolutely no hassles.

If I ever went back I would def stay at this place again..

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple