See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Started off great! My husband and I went with my cousin. We got a two queen dice bed room and we're pleasantly supposed when we saw if had a small divider. Even more surprised when we saw two bathrooms. The place was really beautiful and it was almost vintage looking. It is located in downtown and within walking distance of everything.
Things we didn't like:
No hot water in showers
Only one shower worked. The other bathroom was closed at the shower head. Also, no water pressure.
Had to ask for remote controls and they only gave us one.
Noisy, which for us wasn't a huge problem by for others it may be

Overall, the bathroom situation was the biggest thing for us. For the price of the hotel, you could've stayed anywhere else. Even the holiday inn close to the bus terminal was cheaper and none of the above would've been acceptable.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maria P
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that my husband booked his hotel and I didn't look into it until the day before our arrival. Reading the reviews terrifies me but it was too late to cancel. Yes it's true - awkward bathroom layouts, questionable cleanliness, windows that open up completely compromising privacy. I sucked it up- and I lived to tell about it. The first day there was a family staying above us that was so loud!!! It's like the kids were copped up in there all day running and yelling. Good thing we didn't spend much time the the room which made it more tolerable. The hotel is steps away from the Diego Rivera museum and a less than 10min walk to the center of it all. For the price and location I can put up with the negatives but probably wouldn't stay here again. That being said the staff was friendly and didn't have an issue with that aspect.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2016

If you want to go out and enjoy the city, this is an excellent option. The hotel is located over a tunnel, but of course you don't hear the cars' noise. The rooftop is nice and comfortable with incredible views of the city. Rooms are clean and simple. For the price, is a very good accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Good stuff first:
- great location
- beautiful building (but you fall over them in Guanajuato)
- friendly reception (but then I speak Spanish, so that helps)

Now the bad stuff:
- VERY loud hotel guests - so if you are here on business you just won't be able to sleep before 1 without ear plugs. So find a hotel outside the popular center or a very expensive one with sound-proofing
- they refused to issue an invoice which I require for refund by my employer and ignored my emails after provision of the required tax number (RFC). In the end I had to enlist the help of a (Mexican) colleague at work to get this resolved.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

I admit that at time of booking I had a bad discussion with the front desk/reservation agent Because he was not respecting my booking and the guarantee and cxl policy.
The reasons you should not book this hotel are:
Unpolite staff, front desk, finance and THE OWNER.
Not clean at all- bring a bottle of clorox if you want to use the bathroom, the bedroom is also not clean.
My iPad got stolen, it was hidden in my luggage, hidden because they don't have safety boxes in any of the rooms.
They only have few security cameras, not enough to cover the real needs, check if someone goes into your room and steal!!!, also, they have a check room, but it is not covered by the cameras. So anyone can go to your room or the check room and steal your belongings...
You don't open your room with a magnetic card, it is a normal lock, the hotel staff has plenty of duplicates of the keys.
The Owner implied that "i deserved it" because i had an argument with one of the employees! So that is like admiting that someone from your employees stole the iPad and he couldn't care less.
Besides of not being a safe place, it is noisy, dirty, old, it has no privacy.
It is really not a good option, for sure I will not come back.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends