See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I am writing to review the restaurant of this hotel, since I did not find it listed separately on TripAdvisor. I had dinner with a friend, I started with a nice chile soup and then had a salmon steak, good although it was slightly overcooked (having asked to have it rare). We had a fine bottle of Mexican wine (expensive, as always). The waiter was so clumsy and utterly unable to do his job that I felt embarassed for him.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Rooms are spacious and overall quality of facilities is good. Rooms include air conditioner with heating mode (rare in Mexico...).
On the bad side, you need a car or take a taxi each time you leave or return to the hotel. There is no breakfast included and the bathroom`s door was stacked.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The rooms were nice and clean, staff was friendly. It was a little far away from downtown so we had to catch a taxi every time. We were two couples, both of us had problems with the remote control batteries, and when you flashed the toilet some sewage smell was over the room. We got a very good deal, about half the regular price compare to similar ranked hotels, so it was good value for money. AC worked perfectly fine.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My room was spacious and clean. I had a "junior" suite with a kitchenette that had a couch and table and chair. The bedroom was good sized with a balcony and hammock. The hotel is located in a small shopping plaza. There is a supermarket across the parking lot.
The biggest problem was with the shower. Hot water was only available after 8 in the morning. Both sinks had hot water all day and night. I was puzzled by that. I told the front desk and all I received was "lo siento". I had breakfast in the restaurant which was very good and looked beautiful.
Walls are thin.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank J S
Reviewed 14 March 2011

My husband and I chose Mexico Plaza as the hotel for us and our family to stay for our wedding. I had previously stayed here and enjoyed it, and it worked well since it was close to our wedding venues (La Valenciana and La Bocamina). They were very helpful for accommodating our guests and transporting them to and from the wedding.

Rooms can be noisy from street noise but this goes for any Guanajuato hotel. Everything feels new and classy and the large marbled showers have excellent water pressure!

We enjoy staying at the Mexico Plaza and find the rates to be very good for the quality of the hotel (Book ahead of time online as the posted in-person rate is much higher).

Food is excellent in the restaurant and you can walk into downtown within 20 min (worth cabbing back for $3 since it's uphill). There is a supermarket in the same complex so that's handy for picking up wine, pop, snacks etc to use in your little kitchenette.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple