See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The rooms were nice and clean, staff was friendly. It was a little far away from downtown so we had to catch a taxi every time. We were two couples, both of us had problems with the remote control batteries, and when you flashed the toilet some sewage smell was over the room. We got a very good deal, about half the regular price compare to similar ranked hotels, so it was good value for money. AC worked perfectly fine.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My room was spacious and clean. I had a "junior" suite with a kitchenette that had a couch and table and chair. The bedroom was good sized with a balcony and hammock. The hotel is located in a small shopping plaza. There is a supermarket across the parking lot.
The biggest problem was with the shower. Hot water was only available after 8 in the morning. Both sinks had hot water all day and night. I was puzzled by that. I told the front desk and all I received was "lo siento". I had breakfast in the restaurant which was very good and looked beautiful.
Walls are thin.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank J S
Reviewed 14 March 2011

My husband and I chose Mexico Plaza as the hotel for us and our family to stay for our wedding. I had previously stayed here and enjoyed it, and it worked well since it was close to our wedding venues (La Valenciana and La Bocamina). They were very helpful for accommodating our guests and transporting them to and from the wedding.

Rooms can be noisy from street noise but this goes for any Guanajuato hotel. Everything feels new and classy and the large marbled showers have excellent water pressure!

We enjoy staying at the Mexico Plaza and find the rates to be very good for the quality of the hotel (Book ahead of time online as the posted in-person rate is much higher).

Food is excellent in the restaurant and you can walk into downtown within 20 min (worth cabbing back for $3 since it's uphill). There is a supermarket in the same complex so that's handy for picking up wine, pop, snacks etc to use in your little kitchenette.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jglyka
Reviewed 26 November 2010

We stayed at Spa Mexico Plaza during the Cervantino Festival. It was on the outskirts of town, but only a 5-10 min taxi ride which only cost about $3/trip. This was actually a good thing because at night we were away from all the noise. Beds were comfortable, showers were hot, lots of room, had mini fridge, coffee pot, microwave, lcd tv, wifi internet in the room. Conveniently next to restaurants and a grocery store. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again. Ask for a room with a balcony in the back on 2nd or 3rd floor.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 755bucho
Reviewed 12 February 2010

I stayed here with my mom and we were very impressed. This boutique hotel has about 30 rooms and is located up on the hillside on the way to the Valenciana church and the Bocamina Mine. The room was immaculate, the shower was luxurious, and the service was excellent. Not a lot of english was spoken so it helped to know some spanish. The rooms didn't seem too soundproof as we could hear the people in the next room (but they were rather noisy) I think this is pretty normal for most GTO hotels. We ate breakfast in the restaurant and it was very tasty. The only disadvantage of this hotel, is the view (most rooms face the parking lot), however it was well worth it for the price (book online via the Mexico Plaza website). Our stay was only $91/night with taxes when booked online. They have a shuttle that will drive you downtown, or you really could walk in a half hour or less. Then you can just cab back for $3. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family