I have stayed at many Guadalajara hotels on business and the FA Country Club is very comfortable.
The hotel is located at the corner of a mall with shops, eateries, and the NH Hotel at the other end.
I have stayed in several rooms and the amenities are top notch. If you are on business, you will find the desk with an Aeron chair a welcome fixture. The rooms are always spotless with everything you need. Many of the similar hotels lack a suitable work space and desk. The only serious drawback with this hotel is that their wifi internet service is completely unusable or over subscribed.
** However, if you have real work that requires good internet connectivity, you might need to stay somewhere else. Very early in the morning the wireless is usable, but after 7am and until after 2am, it is so saturated that you can barely get an email through.** Generally speaking the internet connectivity provided by hotels I have stayed at in Mexico is minimal, but usable. This hotel's internet connectivity is just plain poor.
Street noise at the front of the hotel does make it into the lower floors so if this is bothersome, request a higher floor.
The restaurant was not crowded at dinner, but a bit more so at breakfast, and never overwhelming. The service staff seems somewhat young and clueless. Trying to get your coffee cup filled or refilled without chasing a waiter should not be necessary. (Just leave a pot on the table?) The food has always been very good, and the breakfast buffet is excellent.
Check in and check out are also very good.
If I am staying in a non-business setting where I don't want to use internet, I will certainly stay here. If I need good internet for business, maybe try the NH or Riu?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy modern travel luxuries such as a wonderful restaurants and bars, business center, fitness club, spa, free wireless internet and a Fiesta Kids Club. With a unique urban ambiance, grand elegance, expetional service and a friendly staff, our Guualajara hotel and resort is the ideal retreat for business and leisure in Guadalajara, Mexico. Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club is an Eco-friendly hotel, so it is a 100% smoke free hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Guadalajara Country Club Hotel Guadalajara
- Fiesta Americana Guadalajara
- Guadalajara Fiesta Americana