“Twice in 3 weeks and amazing!”

The Westin Guadalajara
Ranked #15 of 129 Hotels in Guadalajara
Mexico City, Mexico
“Twice in 3 weeks and amazing!”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Back for a few days after my first trip and definately a place to return to again and again.

Staff meals everything!

The terrace bar os awesome to work. Casa de las rosas continues to be good quality service and price without comparison.

Hope you keep the hotel as nice as it looks!

• Stayed July 2012
WestinGDL, General Manager at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear Iforest

Thank you very much again to take time to share with us your impressions about The Westin Guadalajara.

We appreciate your comments about our associates, the terrace bar and the restaurant Casa de las Rosas.

We will do our best to maintain the service and the hotel as they are today and will keep trying to surpass the guests expectations day by day.

Mr. Iforest, it will be a pleasure to be at your service the next time you travel to Guadalajara.

Walter Harbich
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed 17 July 2012

i love the hotel, is new, modern and very good location, try chapalita a very tapatio neighborhood.
very good local restaurants.
on sunday Glorieta Chapalita is the place to visit.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
WestinGDL, General Manager at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Toussaint1956

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at The Westin Guadalajara.

Sincerely

Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I spent the night recently (the first weekend of July) for a brief in-town getaway. It was my second stay at this property, with the first occurring seven months earlier (reviewed 30 January 2012).

As would be expected, the hotel is still as beautiful as it was before, however this time I found the service from the staff to be far better. Upon check-in, my SPG status was recognized and I was given an upgrade to a lovely room on the 18th floor. Along with a better view, this room offered a combination tub/shower instead of just a walk-in shower. The employee that checked me in and welcomed me back also escorted us to our room and made sure that everything was okay before leaving us.

We dined in the restaurant and again enjoyed the food tremendously. Since I was only there for one night, the range of vegetarian options was certainly sufficient. However, were I to be there for a longer period of time and dining in the restaurant multiple times, I would get tired of having no vegetarian main dishes to choose from. I would like to see them add some vegetarian "platos fuertes" to their offerings. The attention from the servers was fantastic, with one of the employees even recognizing me from my previous stay.

Since the 2012 elections were held that weekend, the bar stopped serving alcohol on Friday night at 11:30 pm (this was by federal law), but the service I enjoyed there up to that time was very professional and friendly. The bartender and I had a nice talk about the hassles of learning a second language, and I look forward to spending more time in the lounge in my upcoming visits.

During the course of my stay, I requested several things from Service Express, including ice and a change of towels. Each time, whatever I had requested came in a timely manner and was delivered by a friendly and courteous member of the staff.

I had such a good time that I will be taking advantage of one of their great weekend rates again in the near future.

Room Tip: Be sure your status is recognized if you are an SPG member.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Dear iamcrispydammit

Thank you for taking time to share with us your experiences about your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.

We appreciate it to read, that our service and our restaurant Casa de las Rosas was up to your expectations.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our vegetarian dishes and next time we modify our menu, we will take this into consideration.

It will be a pleasure to receive you back soon at The Westin Guadalajara.

Whittier, California
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Service was great to the maximum detail, nothing was missed! They found an exclusive tequila I had been trying to find, a Dr. who actually made a house visit, transportation & great food. I can't express enough how welcome they made me feel and how much they helped me. Westin Guadalajara is a great and relaxing place to stay. Near the Expo, shopping malls & great restaurants including their own!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Dear LETICIA V

We thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Guadalajara.

It is a great pleasure to hear, that our associates delivered the extra step to meet your requirements and exceeded your expectation.

We hope we can be at your service in the near future at The Westin Guadalajara.

Philadelphia
Reviewed 20 June 2012

With some time to kill before my flight, I'm sitting here in the stunningly-modern lobby / bar area of the Westin GDL. This open for less than one year and so everything is perfectly new, shiny, clean and in working order. The quality of the hotel is exactly what you would expect from a Westin. I love their Heavenly beds and this one did not disappoint.

As an SPG member, I was upgraded to the 16th floor upon checkin. It did not hurt that the hotel is practically empty. It is situated across from the Expo Congress Center and there is currently no expo in session. I think I overheard that only 9 guest are in this huge hotel. Internet in the business center is free, otherwise you must pay a modest fee for wireless use on your own computer. It's much less than European wifi rates.

The room is very modern and simplistic and clean. The shower is huge and it's difficult to find any fault with the rooms. The Westin Workout (gym) room was free and very very well equipped with modern equipment. I believe there are 6 treadmills, a few bikes, a few other machines and then about 10 different Life weight machines. They also have a bunch of freeweights and balls and mats. It's probably one of the best hotel gyms I've seen. I do not believe they have a pool.

The breakfast buffet was really, really delicious. Mexican coffee is pretty strong for my tastes. The 220 peso price was a bit steep, but not outrageous.

In the afternoon, they serve the most delicious green iced tea. That's what I'm sipping right now as I type this review in a stark-empty lobby.

I think I paid $150 per night which is a great price for this hotel, but likely pricey for Mexican city standards. One look out the window at the dilapidated Hilton next door and you realize what a gem this place really is.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good. i usually request rooms away from the elevators, but their modern e...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Dear spideylookalike

We really appreciate it to hear that the Heavenly Bed and our Westin Workout gym fulfilled our Brand Mission, ensuring when you stay with us, you leave feeling better than when you arrived.

Also we appreciate your comments about our rooms, lobby / bar area and our breakfast buffet.

It will be a pleasure to receive you back at The Westin Guadalajara next time you visit Guadalajara.