“This hotel is about location, a good one. Facilities and service? a lot of opportunities to improve”

Holiday Inn Guadalajara Select
Ranked #54 of 131 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed 28 September 2015

It works great for my work plan while being at Guadalajara, I had stayed there more than 40 nights last two years because is in the middle of the way to every place I need to be.

No matter what rooms had being updated, Bathrooms still on the worn side. Mattress and pillow are on the positive side so to crash and rest like I need is good enough and above HIExpress ITESO, HIExpress ExpoGuadalajara and Staybridge suites, I definitively stick to Holiday Inn "Select", by the way it just changed the name, no Select anymore.

Restaurant in general is bland.

No matter what you put the NO DISTURB sign, housekeeping will knock your door. This happened to me at least 4-5 times in different stays.

The bar.
This works good because Ana and Susana, both girls work hard with limited resources for a 5 star hotel bar and a nice smile no matter what.

Gym. Basic universal stand, a few weighs, 2 worn stationary bycicles and 2 thread mills. Sauna available, Good looking "sky pool" with very cold water no matter what we were 36 degrees Celsius, so I guess that´s why the name.

They still working updating in some areas so be patient.

I will keep returning because it works for my needs, but improvements based on this review will be nice.

Room Tip: Higher rooms, less noise from traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Norma M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Guadalajara Select, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

Thank you for your kind review, location is very important fortunately we have a great one. We still working on refreshing our facilities, thank you for notice our recent updated brand now as Holiday Inn Guadalajara Select.
We definitely will be working in this areas thanks to your feed back and now that we have a positive side of our Guest’s view

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

I will try to be kind
Day One - AC does not work in bedroom. They claim it is because the room faces west and gets very warm in the afternoon. They give me another room on day two
Day two - once my business partner and I get settled into new room to take a short siesta before going out to evening commitment, there is drilling and hammering coming from beneath us. So much for a siesta.
Day three - our other associate tells us that he put the do not disturb sign on his door but someone went into his room anyway.
Day four-we go to breakfast in executive lounge and tv does not work, no sound when you can get cnn in English, no toast r because it got sent to get repaired.
My associate goes to bar for a drink, ties to pay cash and they have no change. It too ten minutes to get change.
I am an Ambassador member with IHG. I left the Guadalajara Interfontinental after terrible service for two years in a row. I thought nothing could get worse...well, these people have a terrible hotel.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Norma M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Guadalajara Select, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate the comments you kindly share with us and definitely will forward to our team so we can correct them.
Intercontinental Hotels Group provides very high standards; we are sure with your help we will accomplish them and hopefully you will gives a new opportunity.

Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

Great location, very spacious rooms, staff was extremely attentive, wifi was really good anywhere and breakfast was excellent. Lots of places to eat nearby. They have transportation to the airport, a lot cheaper than a taxi. Can't beat the price.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Norma M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Guadalajara Select, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2015

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2015

I liked this hotel. When I was there they were doing a lot of construction, closing the rooftop pool and the lounge. The staff were good, the breakfast was great, and the rooms were comfortable. I stayed 3 weeks and one week had A/C that was not working very well. Overall, I liked it and would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Norma M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Guadalajara Select, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently working to make enhancements to deliver a more comfortable stay for all of our guests. We hope for the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you are in the area. We have finished our Sky Pool and it is ready for you to enjoy it.
Cordially,
Room Division Manager.

Reviewed 29 May 2015

Bad service, facilities are old, and not taken care of. Staff was very unkind. The room was old, it wasn't what we expected. It's supposed to be a "select" hotel. There wa nothing select about that hotel. Never again. There are much better hotels with better rates and with better views nearby.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Norma M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Guadalajara Select, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced in your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary improvements to our services so we can provide a better experience.
We are in a remodeling process and changes to give a Hotel with services according to your expectations; we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future,
Cordially,