“Very well located!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
Chihuahua
“Very well located!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

Excellent hotel, well located, and and good service. It is located just across the street of expo-Guadalajara, and most of the best restarants in Guadalajara are withing 15 minutes radio. It has all the amenities of a 5 star, with a reasonable price.

Room Tip: The upper rooms in the west side have a beatiful view.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
We appreciate the time you have taken to let us know your impressions, and look forward to be of service to you in the not so distant future.

Sincerely, yours
Peter M. Leder
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
Guanajuato, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

That the Hilton should be always full is a shoe-in with Expo Guadalajara right next door. But seriously, it could stand some improvement for the price and reputation.

The room was fine and the down duvet was a nice touch. However, for Mexico, it was really too heavy, considering we could not get the air-conditioning system and ventilation to work in relation to the heat produced by the blanket. Finally the last night, we just cranked the AC down and could live with the duvet.

The restaurant Vitrales has adequate waiters but the food is ordinary and over-priced. The wine list is incomplete. Our request off the wine menu was unavailable, and we had to take a second choice.
Indeed the coffee, as is the coffee in many of the world´s hotels, of extremely inferior quality. No flavor whatsoever.

I had a small issue with the domestic staff who picked up a plastic bag that had my travel victuals inside, quite a few, as a matter of fact. This I carry so I am not condemned to bus or airline fare.
When I returned to the room after lunch, this bag had been taken away, under the pretext of garbage, I suppose, even though I had not placed it in the trash. I thought it was well into the big trash bin by that time.
I called Housekeeping and someone brought me some of the uneaten items, which had been carefully kept to take home. They had eaten half my food and washed my plastic containers and were taking them home, too. It was obvious that they must have known this was not trash if they were so willing to consume it and save the containers.

So do not leave too much lying around that could be construed as ¨trash¨, even though the staff found it valuable enough to eat it and take the rest home. I did not want to get some sweet lady in trouble so did not report it.

Room Tip: Our room had a view toward the city but the curtains had to be closed as the direct sun heated up th...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay.
I want to personally apologize that some services of the hotel where not as good as our standards demand. I can certainly understand and appreciate your concerns.

Looking forward to be of service to you in the near future, I remain.

Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two nights during the annual book fair next door at Expo Guadalajara. It's all you might expect from a hotel of this class, but there are some "detalles" regarding food that need to be considered and modified.To begin with, the coffee is of very poor quality both in the room and in the "Vitrales" restaurant, something that could be easily improved. Generally, the food is mediocre and overpriced, including the 229 peso breakfast buffet. Unfortunately, it's very hard to find anything else walking distance (except for the Angus, also in the hotel but tres cher) from this Hilton. If you don't mind these issues, you should stay!

Room Tip: I had a "superior" room, although I don't know what might have made it so. Rooms can b...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank you very much for your very valuable comments which I will discuss with our executive chef.

We are sorry to hear that we seem to have failed in providing a satisfactory service during your stay. Be assured that we have taken steps to prevent this in the future.

Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

Dear readers I know u have heard a lot of bad news about Guadalajara Mexico, Well I am gonna ease ur mind, I came to visit for the first time to Guadalajara and I was skeptical about it but in all honesty I had a pleasant surprise in Guadalajara, The music, people, food,but must important the place were I for now call home away from home The Hilton Guadalajara Ave. de las rosas 2933 colonia rinconada del bosque guadalajara 44530, Great service and very safe, I fealt at home, great restaurants and it was right infront of the Expo very closed to de centro and all major malls, So Thanks to the Hilton and all of the great staff 01 33 3678 0505 I posted the number just in case u feel tempted.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, 19 December 2011
Thank you very much indeed for your magnificent comments which I will gladly pass on to our associates who are striving to give their best every day.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon, I remain.

Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel, 5 nights, with breakfast included. My first room was right next to the elevator, so I asked for a different room. My second room was tiny, tiny, with the toilet hidden by the bathroom door until I entered the room and closed it behind me - the thermostat was broken. I asked for another room and the third time was fine - good size, in good repair, nicely appointed. The desk staff was courteous and helpful through this process. Breakfast is very good - they must have 12 different juices, plenty of breakfast choices along with some traditional mexican meal choices. Try the french toast when they have it. It is very good.

Room Tip: If you don't like your first room (new thermostats, furniture, fixtures), ask for another. I bel...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Thank you very much for your valuable comments about your last stay in our Hotel. And the problem with your room We are very sorry to learn that we seem to have failed in providing a satisfactory service during your stay. We would like to thank you for having taken the time to let us know of your concerns. Looking forward to have the pleasure to welcome you in the near future I remain.