“Staff doesn't care about little details”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
and 1 more site!
Quality Inn Guadalajara Centro Historico
Ranked #102 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
Monterrey
“Staff doesn't care about little details”
Reviewed 4 December 2006

I had some issues in my two night stay. I know they are little details but I ended up wishing I had stayed some place else:

1. I made my reservation thru the Choice Hotels website asking for a room with two beds (1 adult 1 child). The property had assigned me a room with just 1 bed (King size). They provided me with the requested room, but the way I see it the hotel is not very well "integrated" with the Choice Hotels Reservation system.

2. Room cleaning in my room started before 1 pm and ended at 4 pm. For some reason the service personnel took bed sheets and pillows and put them on chairs in my room. At 4 PM they returned and asked if they could "make the room", which they did. In my opinion 3 hours its too much time to finish cleaning a room, even for a hotel this large.

3. I ordered some chicken tacos from the restaurant (room service) and they served less than stated in the menus (menu says 4 tacos, received 3). I didn't tell them anything because I was fed up with the staff, but I think they just want to maximize income at the cost of customer trust.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — staff attitude
  • Tips/Secrets — skip it
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
6 Thank hazaelmartinez
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Couples
Solo
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 29 June 2006

We found the hotel to be pleasent enough, a quaint well used feel to it with a beautiful roof garden and a swimming pool used chiefly by swallows and pidgeons. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Unfortunately someone on staff was busy helping themselves, and the management offered no response to our comment on the matter.
On 06/17/06 between 3:00 and 6:00pm someone gained access to our room and pealed a $100 bill from my wife's wallet, which she had accidentally forgotten to remove from the draw. We knew it wasn't merely an oversight because we had just finished doing our budget and the money had been counted twice, each of us in turn,
Upon returning back to our room we noticed that a roll of toilet paper had been replaced and water glasses had appeared, so we knew the room had been accessed after the cleaning lady had been through, completing our room around noon.
In retrospect, there was entirely too much 'service' traffic passing through our room after maid service. A couple of days before, a lady with a clipboard and her hair tied back entered our locked door, seemed surprised to see us and backed out fast. Perhaps I'm being paranoid, but it seems entirely too coincidental that we were booked to leave the very next day. Who would kick up a fuss over $100 when you've got a plane to catch?
Emails to the management brought no response.
Sadly, I strongly recommend giving this hotel a miss until they solve their security issues.

• Stayed June 2006
7 Thank gfellow

Travellers are raving about these Guadalajara hotels

York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 April 2006

My wife and I stayed here for a few days in April 2006. We found it to be perfectly acceptable, in a convenient location, and very well priced. Our room was a bit on the small side, but so was the tab. The service was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank Dormin
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 April 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Roma Hotel in Feb. 2005. The hotel is located in the historical center and 2 blocks from the cathedral. We paid $50 USA for a queen bed, nice bed comfortable pillows, running hot water. It has a medium size pool on the rooftop, restaurant and bar. It overlooks the city with some view of the cathedral. It was in the stages of being remodeled. There was a pool table on one of the upper floors that people could use. I will be going again with my children, who I know will love the pool and I'll love the bar. Great for the price!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member