See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 April 2016

I was in town for business and couldn't have picked a better unique hotel. The decor is lovely, modern but rooted in nature, particularly the bell shaped flower design seen throughout the hotel including the floors and the unique iPhone speaker in each room (I had to buy one for myself at their attached gift shop). It's also quite cozy with retractable roof over the courtyard in the evening.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the internal courtyard, so you can'rt go wrong.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Service is very attentive.

I recommend you to have your breakfast at the top of the building. The view is awesome. The waiters bring you fresh coffee and fresh bread.
Breakfast is served with different types of juices or coffee, and they prepare eggs in different stiles.

The pool area is i think in the 3th floor and is great enjoy it.

The only problem is the towels are limited and the ones are in the hotel need be replace, beside that everything is awesome.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2016

After travelling through Mexico for two weeks, I purchased the Luxury Suite mainly because it had a bathtub. Even though I paid an extra $1000 pesos a night, they would not give me the room I had purchased. They originally gave me a normal room, and only after complaining did they put me in one that was slightly larger. Still no bathtub and still not the room I had paid for.

The staff doesn’t quite get the idea of good service, but not from the lack of trying. The waiters will stand right by your table watching you eat and are ready to take your plate the second your fork stops moving, but you still have to wait 45 minutes for them to bring your food.

I was also turned off because the front desk required a print out of my confirmation before they would let me check into my room. It was really a hassle to do. One would think they would know who and when people are checking in.

Room Tip: Buy the cheapest room possible... They do not honor purchased upgrades
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank JohnMaserati
Reviewed 12 December 2015

Stayed for a weekend at the beginning of November and everything was great. We arrived early and were happily surprised that our room was ready. After taking the red eye from SFO-MEX, it was such a treat to be able to check in early. Jose (I am sorry if I got the name wrong!), the Front Desk Manager was excellent. He was so helpful and answered all of our questions and gave us great tips for exploring Cuernavaca and the surrounding area. The room was spacious and spotless. Our rate included breakfast which was cooked to order and delicious. The common areas were so beautiful, with an open courtyard, pool and deck. Jose and all the staff were always smiling and so friendly.

Room Tip: There is a bar across the street that plays loud music, so I would choose a room on the other side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

My high rating was because I looooove what they did with the building. Really it's a masterpiece how they recover an old place and made a beautiful and welcoming hotel.
The decor of the rooms made them cozy and different. Please pay attention to the iPhone "speaker", it's amazing to say the least.

Nevertheless there are few things that I didn't enjoy:
- if you want to sleep, it's not quite easy, at night and day the sound of the lobby, roof and almost every hall can be heard at your bed.
- staff tries but doesn't seem to have enough experience on hotel industry.
- restaurant is slow slow slow.
- there is some comfort lacking at the rooms. If you remove the nice decoration, all the details are from a very average hotel (including the bed).

I'm not sure if I'll stay here again, I enjoyed the place, but not as a guest. Maybe I'll return just for a drink.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Diego G, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Flor de Mayo Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2015

first at all thanks for choosing Hotel Flor de Mayo ,we appreciate your comment and be sure we are going to do our best for you .
thank you so much .