See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 March 2015

Personal attention in a classy environment. Roberto and his team did all at their reach to accommodate our needs. Very nice rooms. All in the embracing Cuernavaca weather. You need to drive to go most everywhere, however, they are abundant and inexpensive. 5 to 15 minute rides. We brought our car so we used it sometimes and others we called a cab.

Room Tip: If you can afford the reasonable difference, get a suite. Even nicer.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel was chosen for my family when we went to visit a school in Cuernavaca. It is located in a quiet neighborhood in a nice neighborhood in town. I will admit that I tend to be a hotel chain type person when I travel so at first I was a little taken aback by the constant attention of the hotel. We stayed there for a week and I could not have been more pleased.

Having flown in from the U.S. and having to drive from Mexico City, we arrived at almost midnight. It was raining and we were quickly greeted at the car with an umbrella by Alfonso. He quickly showed us to our rooms and got us settled. When we got up in the morning we were greeted by Alfonso and our waiter for a wonderful breakfast. When it was time to go explore the city, Roberto the owner had arrived and had wonderful recommendations and advice for us. He called us a cab from his regular cab company and we were off. Cabs were about 35-40 pesos no matter where in town we needed to go and it was quite easy and quick to get to the center of town.

My parents and I had separate rooms and both rooms were very comfortable and spacious. There's no bathtub but that seems to be standard in Mexico with the water shortages. The shower was large with plenty of hot water. The bed was huge and very comfortable and both rooms were quiet even though mine was on the street side of the building. There is a wonderful pool in the back and it was great to come back from a day of exploring to have a drink by the pool and relax.

Maybe it's because I am not used to bed and breakfast types of places but I felt like I was staying in someone's personal home with a full team of servants. Whenever we needed anything there was someone there for us. Because there are only seven rooms the hotel is never overcrowded and the personal attention is amazing. When we came in late from a day of exploring Taxco and Xochicalco, we didn't feel like heading to town to get food and the kitchen at the hotel closes at six. Roberto quickly helped us order pizza and then set up a table for my parents to eat while I headed to my room to watch college football on my computer - did I mention the amazing wifi! He even had some beers ready for us when the pizza arrived.

I would say they go above and beyond at this hotel but I don't think that's a good description since it seems more like the norm for them. They love meeting new people and are happy to help with anything their guests need. Roberto has clearly assembled an outstanding staff and provides an amazing experience for any visitor to Cuernavaca. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kris E
Reviewed 7 April 2013

The hotel is a small boutique hotel in a nice and quite neighborhood

This property is not professionally managed

We were over charged for breakfast (we bought a set ) but the waiter added coffee and orange juice for an additional Mxp 60 as if we had ordered ala carte. We were also charged for bread for a continental breakfast! I had to fight with the waiter (who spoke perfect English) to get him to remove the double charging. The waiter also added a obligatory tip for himself of 15% on the handwritten bill before even asking us. Mxp 419 for the simple breakfast we had for 2 was a true rip off. The worst experience I've had anywhere in Mexico.

The worst experience, however, was during our short breakfast at 9-9.30 am someone entered our room and removed all towels, soaps, shampoos, bottled water! Since we were checking out that morning ....and they knew it - there are only a few rooms - we felt like our privacy had been invaded. We had not even packed our bags before we went to breakfast. My Wallet was sitting on top of the bedside table. Was cash removed? Why did they decide to enter exactly in the only 30 min we were not in the room before checkout? How dare they remove items from our room before we had checked out and removed our personal belongings.

I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank joelob22
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I very much enjoyed my time at Casa Poezia. The rooms were clean and spacious and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The food was good and the hotel actually proved to be more attractive than the pictures suggested. Very satisfied

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stayed at Casa Poezia in Cuernavaca, Mexico for 5 days, as we were in town for my brother's wedding. The hotel is very peaceful and relaxing. The room (we stayed in number 4) was even larger and more spacious than the pictures suggested. We had a huge (6ft!) and comfortable bed, and there was a lot of attention to detail in the design and decor. The hotel was quiet as it was not peak holiday season, so we often had the outdoor swimming pool to ourselves. Breakfast was served every morning on the terrace overlooking the gardens and it was delicious! The owner (Roberto) and all the staff are very friendly and helpful, but not intrusive. Only thing I would change is that our en-suite bathroom was not very well sound-proofed / the door did not completely shut. Overall, a lovely stay, in a great area, with excellent service and great value for money. Really lovely place and I would recommend it without hesitation!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple