All reviewsgrand suiteplunge poolsatellite tvyogurtshort walk to the beacharacelitronconessalsa
Reviewed 2 March 2017

This our 6th trip to Zihuatanejo and our 2nd stay here. We will never stay anywhere else! There are stairs to the rooms which could be a challenge for some but it is well worth it if it isn't problem.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2017

The previous reviews touch on most all the great qualities of this fine boutique hotel. As a guest who has repeatedly stayed here, I'm still blown away by the attention to detail and how much the staff make you feel welcome every single day. Thank you Araceli, Maribelle and Paula for everything you do!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2017

As first timers to Zihuatanejo, my husband and I were eager to try a small property. We chose Cinco Sentidos based on photos and the abundance of 5 star tripadvisor reviews. Within minutes after arrival, we were captivated by the stunning property, gorgeous suite and warmth of Araceli and her sister Maribel. Our suite #2 was located closest to the pool and breakfast area. We found it to be lovely and very private. Suite 2 is the best choice if you prefer less of a stair climb to your room. Breakfasts were prepared by Araceli and graciously served by Marabel each day. Delicious and such a treat! We absolutely loved Zihuatanejo and can't wait to return next January. Without a doubt we will be staying at Cinco Sentidos!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bogeywood
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Cinco Sentidos over the holidays for two weeks and it blew our expectations out of the water. Araceli with her gourmet breakfast made it easy to get out of bed every morning. The service and cleanliness of the rooms definitely put some of our stays at a few five star resorts to shame. Both Maribel and Paola were incredibly kind and helpful with anything we needed help with. The private dunk pools on the patio was a highlight to come home to every night after dinner and Margaritas:) The king bed was so comfortable, we slept so well.

Another favourite part of our room is the huge window in the shower, it makes you feel like you're outside.
Such a great feature.

There was a taxi strike the day we were departing to come home and Araceli insisted she was taking us to the airport and wouldn't take no for an answer, now that's customer service!

A few must do's and must see's are:

Dinner at Mar Y Ceilo ( one of the best views and meals we had over the two weeks )

Rent a catamaran with Javier ( on the beach in front of Paty's ) and get him to take you to Las Gatas Beach drop you off and pick you up a few hours later. Super cheap and the best way to go there.

Taco's El Pastor downtown Zihua, you can enjoy 5 tacos for 25 peso's ( thats a buck )

Walk down Adelita Street, enjoy the restaurants and if its a Friday night go to Nardo's and listen to some live music ( 70's/ 80's Mexican cover band )

Much love to Araceli and the staff at Cinco Sentidos we'll see you next year for a few sunsets and more wine.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen P
Reviewed 1 December 2016

My friend and I stayed here November 18 to 25th.

I really don't know how you can get any better than this...of all the reviews on here, Cinco Sentidos has 208 'excellent' and 7 'very good'....and zero 'average', 'poor' or 'terrible' ratings! Amazing accomplishment. And well deserved!

We were the only people staying there out of the five rooms. Wonderful to have the run of the place and the pool all to ourselves! I wish we had stayed here the entire week- with only two full days and three nights, we didn't really get to take advantage of such privacy.

Araceli is the best host ever. And an amazing cook! The included breakfasts were the tastiest and most gourmet meals I had in Zihua the whole week- and the best presentation. All the staff (who outnumbered us!) we wonderful and all had the right measure of being efficient and friendly while totally unobtrusive- we never felt anything other than completely pampered and yet with privacy.

When we arrived, there were waters, beer, pop in the fridge as well as a platter with guac and chips and I think limes and pico de gallo. Sadly we were too stuffed to appreciate it and the food mostly went to waste- sorry Araceli! The mini fridge was nice to have for wine and beer in the room.

There is a also a room safe provided, bathrobes, beach towels, the bathroom has a separate toilet room and dual sinks and a rainshower head shower- with a window you can open to gaze at the ocean- BIG step up from Irma- darn it, I'm spoiled now!!

The rooms are all very spacious and well appointed. On our large deck was two loungers and a dipping pool we spent the evenings in. The A/C worked great (if a bit noisy- I turned the fan down after the first night and it was much quieter).

The views from all five rooms and the pool/breakfast area are the usual amazing views you get above La Ropa when staying mountainside. With the steep walk up and down the hill to match, of course! It is right next to 'Ensueno 10' (where I stayed last winter, also wonderful!)- so up the hill from that sign. Short distance from the 'dolphin road' beach access street, and from LOOT.

Taxis always super easy to get from here- either walk to the road and one will pass shortly and wave it down, or walk the short way to the taxi queue on that beach access road.

The pool area is perfect. I loved the hanging sun bed in the shallow adjoining pool. So relaxing. Also loungers and a little bar/seating area (with a small tabletop) in the pool to rest your feet or a drink. Just awesome. Also a lending library here-very well stocked.

When you are arrive AND when you leave (if they are around) they insist on carrying your luggage up and down the many stairs. Such service! And we liked that she wrote in the detailed instructions that we could just tip at the end of our stay, which we did- just easier that way.

Highly, HIGHLY recommend this place. Just wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple