See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 March 2016

Small family run hotel, beatiful view of zihua bay. Hotel staff are very accommodating, and always there to help.
They serve a a wonderful breakfast which is included in the very reasonable price. The rooms are lovely.
Within walking distance to the beach and lots of great Restauarants.

Stayed: January 2016
1  Thank Jean B
Reviewed 24 February 2016

We stayed here for 2 weeks the winter of 2007 in the Pez Vela suite We have travelled to the area annually since 1988 and had stayed in several different hotels. I really wanted to love this hotel but found several small things that put me off and made it fall short of a 4 or 5 star hotel. Prior to booking this hotel I did a lot of research and understood that (at the time) if was adults only but double checked with Erika before booking and was assured that it was indeed adults only. The first night I thought that I heard a child's voice but my husband reminded me that it was impossible. The next morning I was awakened by something bouncing off of the wall of the suite below ours and children's chatter and when we went down for breakfast sure enough there was a couple with a young girl about 8 years old. I reminded Erika that I had confirmed the adults only policy and she responded that the parents had assured her that their daughter would "be ok". I was more than a little annoyed because we had been thinking about bringing our 11 year old with us but as it was an adult hotel had left her with my parents. Erika didn't seem to understand why I was annoyed and didn't offer an apology.

The Pez Vela suite is large and has its own plunge pool and it was fine. I found it dark in the bedroom and particularly in the bathroom for putting on makeup. I mentioned it to Erika and asked for a brighter bulb for the bathroom but never heard back.

Another issue that became larger night after night were those bloody barking dogs. Night after night after night those dogs bark and night after night after night I became more sleep deprived and irritable. I know that the dogs don't belong to the hotel but honestly, they became a huge issue for me. I dreaded going to bed because it seemed that as soon as I drifted off they would start .

All in all this hotel is fine and it obviously has its fans. I think that it depends on what you are used to and what you are looking for. For us, I wouldn't consider staying there again. I feel that when I asked about their children's policy that they were less than honest with me and I felt disrespected as a result. I felt that they favoured some guests over others and that made me uncomfortable. Things could be different now-this visit was years ago,

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2016

We just returned from a perfect week at Hotel Casa Don Francisco. Host Erica and her staff, especially Anais, are all very accommodating and friendly. The property is very well designed and built with timeless simplicity and elegance. This is a small hotel and was fully booked, yet we only ever saw one or two other couples and only at breakfast. The pool is really nice -- just the right size. We loved the room - quite large with an open air shower and fantastic balcony and view. The location was ideal for us -- right at the start of the path to Las Gatas beach, which has better swimming than La Ropa and excellent snorkeling. And the path itself is really fun to walk because feels just a little bit adventurous walking on the rocks by the water (but not really -- old ladies and little kids also use the path). And very easy to get a taxi to town since around the corner is the taxi drop off point for La Ropa beach. We loved it and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jason O
Reviewed 29 September 2015

Long overdue review.... Hotel Casa Don Francisco has it all. Great, quiet location on the best beach, La Ropa. Amazing price for the high quality of accommodations, service and as I said, location, location, location. Erica and her staff make you feel at home right away, welcoming with open arms. The breakfasts are big and delicious on a gorgeous patio overlooking the ocean. This is where we have met many long time visitors to Zihuatanejo, the true testament for how consistently amazing this place is!!

Room Tip: Love Pez Vela and Dorado - both are spacious and fantastic private plunge pools!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenniferleestubbs
Reviewed 16 September 2015

Spent a week here and the staff and hotel are great. Private with in room deck pools for many rooms. We had our two kids with us - one a freshman in college and one a sophomore in high school. We put them in one room and my wife and I in another room. They loved the place. We had breakfast every morning before heading out. Nothing fancy but the staff were happy to make whatever you asked for. We prefer smaller hotels and this was perfect. It was not on the beach which we felt was a plus as that can be busy, noisy and not as private. Just a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: get a room with an in room infinity pool
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family