All reviewsshrimp tacosla ropacommanding viewpalapa roofericabay
Reviewed 20 March 2015

This is a beautiful place with good access to all the amenities in Zihuatanejo. The staff was very freindly and attentive to our needs and the food was fabulous! I would highly recommend this accomodation to anyone wanting to enjoy authentic Mexico without all the tourist trappings of the more popular destinations.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elroy76426
Reviewed 14 March 2015

We usually travel simply and do for ourselves. This time we decided to splurge and it was perfect. Lee has put together a staff that knocks themselves out to please. Every morning one goes down to the patio to brewed to order coffee, fresh fruit and posteles. There are also eggs and meats available.
The bar is always open and you can help yourself if no one's around.
There is gorgeous art and flowers everywhere. The pool is long, lovely and peaceful.
We stayed in both the master suite and one of the premium open air suites. Both were extremely comfortable, with lots of little touches.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 10 March 2015

My husband and I finally had a chance to return to this perfect little hotel after too many years. It is beautiful and peaceful. We prefer being on the hill overlooking Zihuatanejo Bay because the view out over the palm trees is gorgeous and relaxing and it is just minutes down to La Playa Ropa. We love the coffee waiting outside our door in the morning, the breakfast with fresh orange juice and fruit on the veranda by the bougainvillea, the refreshing pool, reading on our own patio, the petals on the bed at night, and the crazy chachalaca birds waking us up in the morning. The staff is very nice and helpful in every way. We found the streets and beaches of Zihuatanejo cleaner than in years past (our 4th trip over 25 years). We enjoy the town -- the crafts, the market, the fishermen coming in with their catch. A wonderful dinner splurge is La Casa Que Canta, where you watch the sunset from high above the waves.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda F
Reviewed 27 January 2015

I stayed at this wonderful boutique hotel for 15 days in January to go fishing each day while in Zihuatanejo. While the fishing was excellent the outstanding staff that Lee, the manager, has assembled made my trip highly memorable. Erica, Francisco, Max and all the other personnel of La Quinta Troppo provided the highest level of service and whatever special request I made was met with a smile and done promptly. Since I went fishing before 7:00 AM each day they went out of their way to make sure I had a wonderful breakfast upon my return from fishing. My room was spotless, beds turned down each night, fresh towels daily for both hotel use as well as the beach, a beautiful pool, great views, excellent restaurant recommendations, a short walk to Playa Ropa (I consider one of the best beaches in Mexico) and they arranged prompt and professional taxi pickup from the airport upon arrival. In addition, La Quinta Troppo is highly secure and an extremely safe place to stay.
Since this was primarily a fishing trip my wife did not join me. But with that said, I believe La Quinta Troppo would be an outstanding and romantic place for couples. The fishing and lodging were so good I contacted my son and he flew down and joined me the last five days of my stay and he also raved about the service and quality of La Quinta.
What more could one ask for -- great fishing with catches of numerous dorados, sailfish, bonitos, and sierra using low cost well equipped panga fishing boats -- great beach for swimming and relaxing in the afternoon -- and a downright fantastic place to stay with great people! I enjoyed myself so much that I decided to return in February to more fishing and stay once again at La Quinta Troppo. If you have a chance -- make a reservation here and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank wearetravelers
Reviewed 18 January 2015

Lee and his staff provided us a superb vacation getaway. This neat, tidy, friendly, and well located secret spot is recommended. Our room (s) were very clean and well prepared and our sense of security as well as sincere care for us was noteworthy. We had a few noise issues as noted by other reviews...they can't be remedied, but you should be aware---a neighbor dog that loves to bark, a nearby group of taxi drivers, and a road that can be busy. We were in an 'open air' room with a breathtaking view-but noisy. Hey, it is Mexico. Asked to move and the staff was prompt and decisive...appreciated their understanding. All in all a 4plus...good food, good coffee, and a good time.

Room Tip: Open air rooms might be noisy...ear plugs a good idea.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple