We have been to Zihua 16 or 17 times over the last 25 years. For the last 5 or 6 of them, we have stayed at the Catalina. It has been maintained nicely given how long it has been here and the climate impacts that take their annual toll. The staff are wonderful and extremely helpful. The many stairs between the beach and the road are one of the things we look forward to as a workout in keeping us fit.
The hotel's restaurant (Linda Vista) has great food and service and should be a destination point for dinner for those staying elsewhere in Zihua. It has been hard for us to justify eating out with what is available at the Catalina. We were there over Thanksgiving this year and enjoyed the special T-Day meal that was exquisitely prepared and presented.
We have made a number of friends from the U.S and Canada from these stays, visiting them outside of Zihua as well as annually as we crisscross paths in the November timeframe. After enjoying the beautiful La Ropa beach in the afternoon, we transition to our room via the infinity pool and its great view of the bay. Can't say enough about this experience!
Stan & Maggie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular Sunsets Are Seen From The Comfort Of Your Hammock ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Expedia so you can book your Catalina Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Beach Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Catalina Beach Zihuatanejo