My girlfriend and I are just returning from the Viceroy Zihuatanejo 4-19/24th. Overall we liked the hotel very much. While we enjoyed the hotel be aware that this is NOT Las Ventanas or Pamilla One and Only. It is more beachy and casual in every way including: dress, services, amenities, etc..
The staff was incredibly responsive and friendly (especially as the days went by and they got to know us). They remembered specific likes and dislikes and would always accommodate all requests with a smile.
We stayed in a Beach Suite on the 3rd floor that had an incredible view along with a small plunge pool. The rooms were generally quite comfortable. Though we rarely used them, the room did provide all the modern day creature comforts we are used to: plasma tv, iHome, WiFi, etc.. The rooms, however, were a bit dated from a furnishing perspective and as another reviewed noted the bathroom (while big) was lacking some basic ventilation and general appeal - small nuance really but still worth noting. In addition we had a number of mosquitos in our room which we had to work to cure in order to sleep peacefully. Again not a big deal but a bit of a nuisance.
The dining on property was very good and not that expensive considering it is a resort. We did the meal plan and I think it afforded a bit of savings but it really is hard to tell. They were quite flexible with the use of the meal plan which was very nice. The wait staff is attentive and gracious, the food is fresh and creative, and the fact you are sitting directly on the beach for meals with waves 10 yards from your feet is something I had never experienced before as an every day offering. Try a night of dining at La Casa Que Canta while there. It is a short walk on the beach and has a creative menu and incredible views of the cove. Again very reasonably priced.
We enjoyed taking daily tennis lessons with Rory. Only down side here is that the courts needed to be cleaned. Even a basic sweeping would have sufficed - just a little lack of attention to detail. We also had several massages which were very reasonable - apprx $75 hr.. Isabell was absolutely incredible, be sure to ask for her.
Bottom line we really enjoyed our stay. The beach is amazing and the atmosphere very relaxed. With a few tweaks and more of an eye on detail it could be excellent in my opinion but very good for now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cool garden waterfalls, enchanted lagoons and elegant adobe-inspired villas nestle along one of Mexico's premier beaches to make up the romantic Viceroy Zihuatanejo. 46 Guestrooms and suites afford stunning garden and ocean views across a tranquil beach. Relaxed contentment is made complete with award winning Mexican as well as Pacific Seafood cuisine, 3 swimming pools including a spectacular seaside infinity pool, an intimate spa and superb service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Viceroy Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Resort Zihuatanejo
- Villa Del Sol Zihuatanejo
- Tides Zihuatanejo